HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Spacek/Markov/MAB Updates? (Markov has a Torn ACL)

Old
05-04-2010, 12:28 PM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
Markov could have easily avoid this injury. Either get out of the way or man up and put yourself in position to take the hit. It might sound harsh but this wasnt your unlucky injury type, it was a clean everyday hockey bodycheck.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Capitano

I won't disagree with you jcpenny...it's pretty tough to lose a guy for the rest of the playoffs on a pretty average hit.

Either Markov wasn't ready to take the hit or he's just unlucky.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 12:56 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I won't disagree with you jcpenny...it's pretty tough to lose a guy for the rest of the playoffs on a pretty average hit.

dunno i think its unlucky. all this injury prone buisness is all **** talk by antichambre, atack a 5 BS. the russian agenda imo.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
HomaridII

HIO says the injury could be career threatening, they got it from Conor McKenna of the Team 990.

Its in Mike Bloone's Game Blog.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post

Just watched it again. Markov looks plenty ready for the hit. Cooke has a head of steam and Markov is either not as strong as Cooke, or does not have forward motion to counter the shoulder charge. Markov looks like he tries to hit Cooke as hard Cooke hit him, but it just doesn't have enough juice behind it.

Epic bad luck, pure and simple.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
HIO says the injury could be career threatening, they got it from Conor McKenna of the Team 990.

Its in Mike Bloone's Game Blog.
Well that can't be good....

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:39 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Just watched it again. Markov looks plenty ready for the hit. Cooke has a head of steam and Markov is either not as strong as Cooke, or does not have forward motion to counter the shoulder charge. Markov looks like he tries to hit Cooke as hard Cooke hit him, but it just doesn't have enough juice behind it.

Last night I was watching La Zone and they were talking about PK Subban and one of the things they said (I think it was Eric Fichaud) is to watch the ability of PK to roll with the hit, lessen the impact of the hit/forecheck and use the momentum of the hit itself to come out with the puck. He said this is what impressed him the most because usually it takes a few years before a D-Man has this mastered. They showed clips of this, of PK doing this.

While watching the clips and the explanation, I immediately thought back to Markov, who frankly, no matter how amazing the guy is, he doesn't know how to take a hit.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 02:18 PM
JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
While watching the clips and the explanation, I immediately thought back to Markov, who frankly, no matter how amazing the guy is, he doesn't know how to take a hit.
I call cow patties on this. A guy plays in the league for a decade and takes and dishes out thousands of hits over the course of about 700 games. Then he gets injured twice over the course of a year and people start yapping about how he's injury prone and doesn't know how to take a hit. If you do something enough that brings a risk of injury, eventually you'll get injured. It's probably reducible to math.

Guys who play 750 NHL games without significant injury are the exceptions that prove the rule.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

vCash: 246
He's really becoming injury prone. This is like 4 significant injuries in the last 4/5 years. Too bad.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:03 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post

too many bad luck things that happen to Markov...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:11 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Markov could have easily avoid this injury. Either get out of the way or man up and put yourself in position to take the hit. It might sound harsh but this wasnt your unlucky injury type, it was a clean everyday hockey bodycheck.
Injury prone is when you just get hurt(Gaborik,DP). Markov get's hurt by the unluckiest things, skate cut,leg get's jammed in the ice,etc.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Habit11

What is needed for this team to qualify for an emergency call up? Markov is obviously gone, and Spacek is out, so is another injury needed or what? Can someone clarify?

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:50 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Markov is elite-level talent... He should be able to re-habilitate himself from this and still be a very effective player..

But, thank god we have Subban to lessen the offensive blow.

It's becoming painfully obvious we need to get younger and more mobile on the blueline.. Markov is aging and his knees must just about be finished from all these injuries, Hamrlik is around for one more year (questions of how serviceable he will be are everywhere), and Spacek has 2 more years left again with questions of how serviceable he can be throughout those 2 years.

Our only 3 young bloods on the blueline are Subban, Gorges and O'Byrne... All of which play the right side. I would seriously consider signing a guy like Paul Martin, Dan Hamhuis to prop up the left side should Markov's injuries threaten his career.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:59 PM
markov`

If Markov injury is truly career threatening (which would be a huge blow), let's spend our money on Volchenkov and pair him with Subban

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Markov is elite-level talent... He should be able to re-habilitate himself from this and still be a very effective player..

But, thank god we have Subban to lessen the offensive blow.

It's becoming painfully obvious we need to get younger and more mobile on the blueline.. Markov is aging and his knees must just about be finished from all these injuries, Hamrlik is around for one more year (questions of how serviceable he will be are everywhere), and Spacek has 2 more years left again with questions of how serviceable he can be throughout those 2 years.

Our only 3 young bloods on the blueline are Subban, Gorges and O'Byrne... All of which play the right side. I would seriously consider signing a guy like Paul Martin, Dan Hamhuis to prop up the left side should Markov's injuries threaten his career.
I'm on the Paul Martin bandwagon, Gauthier should definetely try to get this guy. But first get rid of Hamrlik and Spacek.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Spacek was on the ice today at the optional skate

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 04:03 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
What is needed for this team to qualify for an emergency call up? Markov is obviously gone, and Spacek is out, so is another injury needed or what? Can someone clarify?
Hamr-Subban
Gill-Gorges
MAB-OB

We're good to go.

I imagine if we lose one of these guys, I imagine we'll be aloud to call up a guy.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 04:06 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Hamr-Subban
Gill-Gorges
MAB-OB

We're good to go.

I imagine if we lose one of these guys, I imagine we'll be aloud to call up a guy.
Maybe Gauthier can sign Fischer...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:34 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Any news on Spacek, is he done for the playoffs even if we advance?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
He was skating yesterday during the practice..so maybe he's feeling better.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
He's day to day.

Whowe should we call up if another injury happen on the blueline?

Weber did well in playoff last year. Henry brings size... I think Carle is still out...

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:40 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He was skating yesterday during the practice..so maybe he's feeling better.
Missing Markov is pretty diabolical, but i think Spacek, the way he handled the caps would really come in handy right now. MAB isn't playing that badly, but I always come to the conclusion that he isn't playing badly until he starts to play badly...

I guess I should have more confidence in MAB, but I can't and I'd like to see a pairing of Spacek and O'byrne together, see if that lends to some more physicality, kinda...

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Missing Markov is pretty diabolical, but i think Spacek, the way he handled the caps would really come in handy right now. MAB isn't playing that badly, but I always come to the conclusion that he isn't playing badly until he starts to play badly...

I guess I should have more confidence in MAB, but I can't and I'd like to see a pairing of Spacek and O'byrne together, see if that lends to some more physicality, kinda...
MAB shouldnt be a regular on 5v5 that is sure

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:46 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
He's day to day.

Whowe should we call up if another injury happen on the blueline?

Weber did well in playoff last year. Henry brings size... I think Carle is still out...
Weber is injured, he hasn't played any games in the 2nd round yet, although he's said to be day to day, he last played during game 6 of round 1.

Carle is still injured, was said to be out for the season but now they are saying it's possible he could return next round if the Dogs advance. But that seems unlikely at this point as I would think they wouldn't want to rush him since he's had a major injury in each of the last 3 seasons.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:53 PM
shutehinside

I REALLY hope that when Spacek is back they don't pair him with Harm again. I know they've payed together all season but I'd go with:

Hamril (LH)-Subban(RH)
Gill(LH)-Gorges(LH)
Spacek(LH)-OB(RH)

Just seems to be better balanced and 3 strong lines. Besides, having Spacek with OB is MUCH better than MAB imo.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote