HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Coyotes Sign Maxim Goncharov to ELC

Old
05-03-2010, 10:56 PM
MP

vCash: 500
I don't know about anyone else, but after our last experience, I'm through paying top dollar for thirtysomething forwards who made their names in the NHL's worst division.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:27 AM
msky

Goncharov also loves to fight

msky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:33 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by msky View Post
Goncharov also loves to fight
Dear god, between him and OEL there won't be a baby safe in Phoenix.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:57 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Maybe he and Bryz will team up for some awesome interview segments. Looking forward to that more than hockey

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:58 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Ok, I'm sold. Our prospects on D are looking better. I don't see why 2 out of Goncharov, OEL, Anhelov and Stone couldn't make the club. Then we could swing some of the money, picks and prospects to the offense to improve the scoring. Damn I miss hockey already!

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 09:27 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

I'd exercise caution with these guys. They are a solid-looking group, but Defense prospects often take longer to develop. Yandle blossomed this season at 23, while Goncharov is 20 and Stone just 19. Ahnelov missed the entire season, but a solid camp and he or Summers (both 22) could potentially be ready. Maybe Goncharov is ahead of the game because of the level of competition he's faced, but a little seasoning in the AHL will probably be needed.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Stump

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Goncharov I don't think will develop the nasty streak Konstantinov had. Konstantinov was a SOB on the ice
Here's hoping though. I loved what Vlad the Impaler brought to the game for the Wings. Tragic end to a good career. Every team hated that guy.

Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:39 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Why does Ahnelov keep getting lumped in with the cool kids? I'd put him more in the Ross, Schlemko, Brodeur longshot category than the OEL, Goncharov, Summers, Stone group of really exciting prospects.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 12:05 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Why does Ahnelov keep getting lumped in with the cool kids? I'd put him more in the Ross, Schlemko, Brodeur longshot category than the OEL, Goncharov, Summers, Stone group of really exciting prospects.
Ahnelov was really hyped before his injury problems, i'd imagine some people still believe he will turn out to be a stud (Here's hoping they're correct)

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 12:25 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
I don't know. Putting Ahnelov and Samuelsson in a martini shaker and seeing what the end product will be like is an exciting experiment. I've always compared him to a Volchenkov type of defenseman. He is apparently pretty frail or prone to injury for his game type, so no it's not as much of a potential gain for this franchise.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

As long as Tippett is in charge only vets and those who are 100% NHL ready will play for Notes next season.
I wouldn't be surprised if trades are made before someone like Maxim and maybe OEL gets on.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:44 PM
moosemeister

Very excited for Goncharov. I don't expect to see him wearing a Coyotes uniform yet, but when he does, I believe it'll be a good thing for the team. Give him a few years. We have time to wait.

moosemeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:56 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
I would actually rank them something like this....

OEL
Goncharov
Ahnelov
Summers
Stone
Sclemko
Ross
Brodeur

I thought Johnas had a real good shot at making the team this year. IMO in training camp he looked NHL ready, better than Vandermeer and Lepisto at the time. It's a shame this guy can't stay healthy.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
msky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Maybe he and Bryz will team up for some awesome interview segments. Looking forward to that more than hockey
his nickname is "Gocha" by the way

msky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 05:57 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I don't know. Putting Ahnelov and Samuelsson in a martini shaker and seeing what the end product will be like is an exciting experiment. I've always compared him to a Volchenkov type of defenseman. He is apparently pretty frail or prone to injury for his game type, so no it's not as much of a potential gain for this franchise.
Totally agree with you on this. He and Samuelsson could be perfect fro each other. The kid just needs a full injury free season of development.

Thought I had read or heard somewhere, a comparison to Niklas Hjalmarsson which would be a fairly decent

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 07:51 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
Ahnelov was more than just hyped, I was under the impression he was going to make the team but got hurt. I think he gets looked at favorably because he's potentially more NHL ready (as a regular) than much of that crew outside of Goncharov.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:00 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Totally agree with you on this. He and Samuelsson could be perfect fro each other. The kid just needs a full injury free season of development.

Thought I had read or heard somewhere, a comparison to Niklas Hjalmarsson which would be a fairly decent
I always thought Kronwall would have been a good comparison.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 01:16 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

I was excited about Ahnelov way back when he suited up for the WJC. Surely the patience will pay off? Lepisto grew leaps and bounds over the season. Ice-time and opportunity can go a long way in one's develop, so I wouldn't be against throwing in one of these kids to start the season if our UFAs walk.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 01:45 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
I was excited about Ahnelov way back when he suited up for the WJC. Surely the patience will pay off? Lepisto grew leaps and bounds over the season. Ice-time and opportunity can go a long way in one's develop, so I wouldn't be against throwing in one of these kids to start the season if our UFAs walk.
The main thing is control. Tippett gave Lepisto opportunities to prove himself, while being careful not to expect too much. Lepisto made good on many of those chances, and next year I'd expect his role to be expanded somewhat as a result--maybe even as the default bottom-pairing anchor, depending on whether Michalek leaves and which of the prospects makes the team in camp. Something like...

Jovo - Morris
Aucoin - Yandle
Lepisto - rookie/Vandermeer?

At any rate, Tippett seems quite capable of easing another defenseman into the lineup. If Lepisto can do what he's done within Tippett's system, I have no doubt somebody like Goncharov or OEL can handle it.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Great news thanks for reporting this. Looks like were getting a lot of our stud d men to the NHL.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Kaizen

Gocha's contract numbers.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/displ...id=96277&pos=D

He'll be paid well even if he spends a year (or part of a year) in the A.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 11:12 PM
DesertDawg

wasn't it just a couple of months ago the Coyotes were looking for D help at the deadline? Now it seems if a situation arises, all they have to do is recall a player from the AHL, so I can see some players that may be ready to play in the NHL start off in the AHL. I can also see trades involving D-men...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 02:33 AM
PPD7952

Send a message via AIM to PPD7952 Send a message via MSN to PPD7952 Send a message via Yahoo to PPD7952
I remember in a meeting with Maloney for STH's that he said that there was a problem with Max getting paid by his KHL club and the Coyotes actually tried to get him released from the KHL to play for the big club in PHX last year. That says a lot about where GMDM feels this kid is.

Now, seeing OEL at the Worlds is a different story. Max might be in SA to start the season. OEL is the real deal.

PPD7952 is offline   Reply With Quote