HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA's NHL 11 to include OHL, WHL & QMJHL teams and players!

Old
05-21-2010, 05:41 PM
ReVeuF

vCash: 500
Memorial Cup NICE !!!

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Habsfan18

http://www.whl.ca/canadian-hockey-le...ership-p142777

Click on the picture at top right hand side. There are 3 pics!

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 05:53 PM
timbitca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

Nice! From that pic it has this years senior players, I hope they use the 09-10 end of season rosters, that'd be nice since Moncton would have a stacked team hahaha.

timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Habsfan18

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhoc...aining-content
Quote:

The popular Be A Pro mode might prove popular.

"You start as a player on a CHL team in the Memorial Cup," Agostini said. "The better you do in the Memorial Cup, the higher you'll get drafted by an NHL team and from there you go on to become a NHL legend."

Old
05-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
In the Memorial Cup final game, or the whole tournament? If it's one game, it's basically the same thing as NHL 10.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 07:01 PM
JrHockeyFan

Great news. I have been waiting for that for a while. Which season will the teams be based upon?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Aurel Joliat

It's cool to see the CHL teams BUT...

I will never play with those teams. I would more prefer if EA create real faces of players. 90 % of players have random faces.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:54 AM
xposbrad

I've stopped buying NHL lately, they hardly had any improvements in dynasty/franchise mode. I play that primarily and compared to Madden's franchise mode NHL's was sooo weak.

If they improve that feature I'll be a buyer again. I want to see RFAs, better features for contracts, overall improvements maybe with a financial aspect as well.

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Each NHL games from EA is the same... they only add like 3 more stuff

This should have been called NHL 9.3.1 not NHL 11.

That's what EA do, they make a little update of their old NHL, and then send it out and you sheep buy it.

Rented it first, then copy/burn it and play for free !!

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Komarov47

the cool thing is that when it will be draft time in dynasty mode we could draft real players, not some fantasy names made up. That's a grat news. Next step : Have coaches real faces.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
It's cool to see the CHL teams BUT...

I will never play with those teams. I would more prefer if EA create real faces of players. 90 % of players have random faces.
That would be so great. I can even wait 8 months more to have every single players their real face.

Old
07-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Habsfan18

Since the game will use last year's rosters, we'll be able to play as the following prospects:

Gabriel Dumont (Drummondville)
Morgan Ellis (Cape Breton)
Brendan Gallagher (Vancouver)
Philippe Lefebvre (Drummondville)
Ian Schultz (Calgary)

Old
07-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Its cool to add the chl. What would really be icing on the cake is to mimic those smaller chl arenas and get their goal horns too.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:34 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
They are also adding broken sticks and disallowed goals. I can just imagine how many times I will throw my controller when that happens to me.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It's not only the lack of attention they give to this one game, it's their entire business model and philosophy that reeks. If the video game industry was star wars, EA would be the Empire.

Their NHL game have had countless glitches, poor logic and half the time hardly represent what they're supposed to be simulating (the free agent and prospect signing process is a joke). The sad thing is the the EA NHL games still wreck 2k's.
This is not a fair criticism. EA puts in as much effort as anyone else into their games.

Like every other video game developer, EA is a business whose first goal is bring in the highest possible returns for their investors.

Could they fix all the bugs and implement all the features a hardcore NHL fan would like?

Of course, but then the game would have to cost an extra 10 or 20 dollars and they would end up selling fewer copies of the game.

A developer needs to make a cost/benefit analysis of every feature he can implement into a game in order to remain competitive in the market. If implementing a RFA system would require ~50 programming hours at $50/hour and each new sale brings in an extra $10, then that feature would need to bring in at least 250 new sales for it to be a viable option. The same is true for minor bugs and glitches; if less than 50 people are going to be deterred from buying the game from a bug which would take more than 10 hours to fix, then it should be waived. (and yes, many seemingly simple bugs require complex re-workings and re-testing of a large part of a game)

It's a shame that PC gaming isn't a viable platform for sports games anymore because it allows a few dedicated volunteers to release mods which implement certain hardcore features which cannot be included in the main game.

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:03 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Any news if they will add NCAA, BCHL? all that kinds of stuff? USHL? That would be sweeeeeeeeeeet

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Any news if they will add NCAA, BCHL? all that kinds of stuff? USHL? That would be sweeeeeeeeeeet
I read that EA is planning on making an NCAA Hockey game, much like their NCAA basketball franchise.

Old
07-03-2010, 09:32 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
I read that EA is planning on making an NCAA Hockey game, much like their NCAA basketball franchise.
Smexy

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 10:11 PM
ruski17

Quote:
That Swedish D Bergstrom ends up being a great 2nd round steal as well.
Joey Campbell is way better!

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Komarov47

Quote:

wow i see Hall already have is real face. Nice, no we have to wait 5 years to see Markov or Pleks have their real face ! I mean c'mon guys like Stortini, O'Sullivan, Kotalik have their real faces ! LOL

Old
07-04-2010, 11:56 AM
overlords
Hfboards

i'd much rather they fix all the bugs and give us a menu system that isn't completely broken than adding more minor teams, who after playing 1 season will be mostly full of randomly generated names.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 12:09 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
So we get to play as people we may actually know in real life... but signing RFAs... lol u crazy

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 12:28 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
This is not a fair criticism. EA puts in as much effort as anyone else into their games.

Like every other video game developer, EA is a business whose first goal is bring in the highest possible returns for their investors.

Could they fix all the bugs and implement all the features a hardcore NHL fan would like?

Of course, but then the game would have to cost an extra 10 or 20 dollars and they would end up selling fewer copies of the game.

A developer needs to make a cost/benefit analysis of every feature he can implement into a game in order to remain competitive in the market. If implementing a RFA system would require ~50 programming hours at $50/hour and each new sale brings in an extra $10, then that feature would need to bring in at least 250 new sales for it to be a viable option. The same is true for minor bugs and glitches; if less than 50 people are going to be deterred from buying the game from a bug which would take more than 10 hours to fix, then it should be waived. (and yes, many seemingly simple bugs require complex re-workings and re-testing of a large part of a game)

It's a shame that PC gaming isn't a viable platform for sports games anymore because it allows a few dedicated volunteers to release mods which implement certain hardcore features which cannot be included in the main game.
you talk like you don't play many games, or have a background in programming.

Many developers have tighter schedules, smaller teams and much, MUCH less resources than EA, they're gigantic. There's no excuse for their shoddy work, but you hit the nail on the head when you said they treat it all like a business. Which is all well and good up to a point, but video games are an art form, and when artforms are treated as only a means to produce money, they tend to suck. See Industry, first name : Movie.

Sorry, but there's no excuse when their menu system is broken (same argument against fable 2). It shows they have no pride in their work.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Universe
Eh?

I hope it allows us to draft and store the players in the CHL. Heck, it would be even neat if the Russians didn't come over for a year or two cause drafting seven rounds adds a lot of 18 year olds to my roster.

Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Sergei Goldenhands
Used Registerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
They are also adding broken sticks and disallowed goals. I can just imagine how many times I will throw my controller when that happens to me.
so true.

Sergei Goldenhands is offline   Reply With Quote