Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

London's Draft Picks

Old
05-03-2010, 05:54 PM
playthetrap*

vCash: 500
London's Draft Picks

Can anyone give me any info on the Knights' picks? The NOOF doesn't have much and neither do any London forums. I'm assuming Dakota Mermis and Troy Donnay are 'flyer picks'???

Mark really likes Tierney.

playthetrap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 09:36 PM
cupcrazyman
Homer J Fong

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2010/03...its-to-du.html

Dakota Mermis There is no official confirmation yet from any of the usual sources, but LetsGoDU has reports that defenseman Dakota Mermis (5'10 170 lbs) committed to the University of Denver last week. Most likely on the same day that his older brother, Jarrod said he would attend DU next Fall. While this must still be classified as a rumor, we're fairly certain that its a firm verbal agreement.

Dakota just turned 16 in January and is a Sophomore in high school in Alton, IL. He is considered to be an elite recruit and will most likely play for the U.S. National Development Program in Ann Arbor next season if he is selected. He would attend DU in the Fall of 2012.

Dakota is a very talented defenseman who was being watched by several OHL Major Junior teams for their upcoming OHL Draft. He is described by scouts as a smooth skater with a rocket for a shot. The best news is that he is yet another hockey playing honor student with a 4.0 GPA.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:21 PM
RangerRed

I think Donnay will show in two years.

Just like Jake Trouba will show in Kitchener.

RangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan40 View Post
Can anyone give me any info on the Knights' picks? The NOOF doesn't have much and neither do any London forums. I'm assuming Dakota Mermis and Troy Donnay are 'flyer picks'???

Mark really likes Tierney.
Who were you interested in?

Dreakmur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 05:42 PM
playthetrap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Who were you interested in?
Anyone.

playthetrap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan40 View Post
Anyone.
The Ruperts are both skilled kids with big competitive streaks. Both of them are chippy and are aggitator types. Ryan has very good instincts and vision - he should be the one who creates more offense.

Welychka is a very complete player - there isn't much he doesn't do well. Though he is short, he's strong and balanced, so he's tough to knock off the puck. He takes hockey seriously, and has good leadership skills.

Old
05-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
The Ruperts are both skilled kids with big competitive streaks. Both of them are chippy and are aggitator types. Ryan has very good instincts and vision - he should be the one who creates more offense.

Welychka is a very complete player - there isn't much he doesn't do well. Though he is short, he's strong and balanced, so he's tough to knock off the puck. He takes hockey seriously, and has good leadership skills.
Ryan is more of the aggressive one. He can catch players in the neutral zone. Neither are intimidated.

I would think that they would play with the Legiounares (sp) or the Nationals this season, give them some time to develop, not sure if they would be ready to play at the next level.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2010, 01:46 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Ryan is more of the aggressive one. He can catch players in the neutral zone. Neither are intimidated.

I would think that they would play with the Legiounares (sp) or the Nationals this season, give them some time to develop, not sure if they would be ready to play at the next level.
I can see the twins getting a couple of games in the O this year. I think Tierney will be a full timer with the Knights. I'm wondering if Donnay will be brought into the fold this year with Jocko sticking around. God know's London needs some size.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
I can see the twins getting a couple of games in the O this year. I think Tierney will be a full timer with the Knights. I'm wondering if Donnay will be brought into the fold this year with Jocko sticking around. God know's London needs some size.
Tierney should be, he was a bit of a stretch, but the kid is skilled. He is smaller, but should fill out to be Kadri size. He is great with the puck and skates well. I think he will be a solid top 6 OHLer, if not higher.

Not sure about Donnay, some claim he is committed to the US NTDP, however some do not. If he is not, im sure he would listen to what London had to offer.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2010, 03:02 PM
JL17

Quote:
Tierney should be, he was a bit of a stretch, but the kid is skilled. He is smaller, but should fill out to be Kadri size. He is great with the puck and skates well. I think he will be a solid top 6 OHLer, if not higher.

Not sure about Donnay, some claim he is committed to the US NTDP, however some do not. If he is not, im sure he would listen to what London had to offer.
Tierney fits right in with this group of forwards....smurfs.

I've also heard both about Donnay. He will be in London for this weeks rookie mini camp though. That's a good sign for London.

Old
05-12-2010, 02:08 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:

The biggest thing that sets the Ruperts appart is hockey sense. Matt's is average, and Ryan's is very good - among the best in the draft. If I had to project them, I'd guess Matt becomes an up-and-down winger and Ryan becomes a two-way center.

Both Ryan and Matt played a handful of games with Lambton Shores last season. I'm not sure where that leaves them this year, but I would assume they would play Jr. B somewhere outside London.

Lambton Shores and Sarnia make the most sense.

Quote:

Tierney will definately play.

Old
05-12-2010, 07:07 AM
JL17

London just inked 2009 6th rounder Danny Esler. 5'9ish 170lbs.