HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Tremblay to play for Memorial Cup

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2004, 12:43 PM
fan mao rong

vCash: 500
Guess I will finally have to put the word in on the Burke, et al., issue. Burke I would think would be due at least 4.25 million next season. It will have to be paid because it wouldn't warrant a buyout, and don't see a trade. Esche and Niitimaki are both at the stage of development where they need to be 1st goalie on their team and play at least 60 games in that role. Neither needs to be a little used back-up. So Esche does 60+ games for Flyers, and Niitimaki 60+ for Phantoms. It's Flyers-Esche backed by Burke, and Phantoms Niiitimaki backed by Little. This is how it should be.

Old
05-13-2004, 01:06 PM
Cuiffitelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan mao rong
Guess I will finally have to put the word in on the Burke, et al., issue. Burke I would think would be due at least 4.25 million next season. It will have to be paid because it wouldn't warrant a buyout, and don't see a trade. Esche and Niitimaki are both at the stage of development where they need to be 1st goalie on their team and play at least 60 games in that role. Neither needs to be a little used back-up. So Esche does 60+ games for Flyers, and Niitimaki 60+ for Phantoms. It's Flyers-Esche backed by Burke, and Phantoms Niiitimaki backed by Little. This is how it should be.
So, say there is a salary cap next season.

You believe that $4.5 mil of the Flyers salary should be eaten up by Burk. (I know, I know it is his option) You are aware that the Flyers are committed to approximately $60 mil next season. (That is well over the number which many believe the cap and /or tax will fall) This will cause salary cap issues in the future.

So, say there is a luxury tax next year.

Comcast will not pay additional tax $$ for going over a salary level either. Just look at the Sixers. They constantly talk about trying to stay under the luxury cap. No company wants to pay more money then they have too.

I am now well aware that Burks has the option but with these two possibility out there for next season, I would try anything to get Burk out of here.

Old
05-14-2004, 01:30 PM
fan mao rong

Don't believe the League will get a hard cap next season. If League still wants a hard cap next season it will probably be sat out. A luxury tax, if agreed to would probably be around 10% of total team payroll. If it is at 60 million then they would pay around 6 million. Last I seen of this, payroll was at 41 million but they added Malahkov since then, at he can comeback if he wants at 2.5. Maybe that was before Burke too, so maybe add 7. So maybe it's only around 50. Guys who will be unrestricted and 2 ways don't figure in it. Burke will be free in one year, as will most others, so they will have a year to make some adjustments. The payroll after next season should be under any cap as last time I looked only about 5 players will be under contract.

Old
05-17-2004, 02:39 PM
QcS

i've seen Tremblay play all year and he's still very hard to judge considering the team that's in front of him.

Some of the "so-so" games in the playoffs can be attributed to the fact that he regularly has time to freeze in his skates and it's hard to be in top game shape when you don't get many shots.

Next season will be the big test for him because the team should just be average.

Everyone says he's the "weak link" for the Piques, but if he plays this tournament like he played for the Piques around X-mas time, the Piques win it all.

In the first game vs Medicine hat, he looked solid. For most of the last series vs Moncton, he looked shaky.. so yesterday was comforting to see.

Old
05-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Brad*

Regardless of how good his team is, or whether his success is a product of it, you can't replace the experience a young player gets in on a winning team.

Old
05-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Diesel

Our best goaltending prospect right now is definitely Nittymaki. But I'd say Tremblay is 3rd behind Bernd Bruckler.

Old
05-18-2004, 10:13 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Our best goaltending prospect right now is definitely Nittymaki. But I'd say Tremblay is 3rd behind Bernd Bruckler.
I agree.

Not that Tremblay isnt a good prospect but Nittymaki is excellent.

Old
05-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Tremblay has played with mixed results at the Memorial Cup.

He was first star of the first game, then got pulled last night after letting in 2 goals on two shots...

Closed Thread