HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

S.Kostitsyn being a dick in practice

Old
05-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Good for Price

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Ross MacLochness

vCash: 500
Sergei getting tips on professionalism from Carey Price, lol.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
On one hand, Sergei is really immature. It's disgusting how bad it is.

On the the other hand, he has a right to be upset when they play Ben freaking Maxwell over him. Sergei was good, not perfect, but good in his few games this post-season.
Why do you think Maxwell got the start before Sergei?

"Sergei is really immature"

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:23 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
That's good to hear, methink.

You WANT Carey to care about this team. You WANT him to wish for the team's well-being, as he'll be ready to jump on the Ice in the case Halak has a bad night, and he'll give his very ****ing best.

He'll work to get back to the top. He learned that not everything in life is due.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
On one hand, Sergei is really immature. It's disgusting how bad it is.

On the the other hand, he has a right to be upset when they play Ben freaking Maxwell over him. Sergei was good, not perfect, but good in his few games this post-season.
My guess is that it doesn't have to do with his game performance but moreso his general attitude, preparation, composure and work ethic at practice etc...

Just a hunch on my part but I don't think the kid has his head on the right way. Tons of talent, it's really too bad.

Jigger77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
overlords
Hfboards

funny how boucher had no problems with sergei down in hamilton.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:24 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I don't see how that's funny. Price has lost his cool sometimes, but he's under the most pressure and it's not easy.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:24 PM
PK76

Quote:
He obviously did that because there were journalists around.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
scars are scary as ****

dumboesque ears? not so much.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
oh god, again, no offense but people praise boucher like he's king. Obviously sergei would get ice time on a god damn farm team.

Old
Chomsky

Quote:
You're very naive if you believe it was all **** and giggles. Pretty sure if he was just as bad down there.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
icerocket

The Kostitsyns are seriously dead weight.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
The funny thing, there are a bunch of people around who keep asking, "why does Jacques treat this guy so badly?".
Nah, actually, it's a 2-way thing.

If Sergei got in the work earlier this year, this wouldn't be an issue.

But JM is purposely singling him out. FFS, he benched him because he couldn't cover 2 players at once and gave PP time to Darche after he teed up a point shot for the Caps which led to a goal.

He barely gave any PP time to Sergei (if any) down the stretch even though he was a huge part of the team's success.

Martin's not willing to let the past go and now Sergei has had enough. Time will tell which stubborn idiot will be right in the end.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I hope we trade him to the Western conference and don't keep him and wait until he pulls a Perezhogin. They'll light us up if we trade them (Andrei and Sergei) to an Eastern team imo.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:27 PM
PricePkPatch

I think what we just seen proves why he is not playing in the first place.

We are playing a very tight hockey. It's a team plan, it's a team strategy. You have to do everything right when you don't have the puck, and do not try to be the little star of the match when you do.

Kovalev would be a liability with that kind of hockey. A. Kostityn is proving to be one. Sergei? He'd wreck us off by doing what he very well cares to do, not what the team needs.

He ain't a team player. When he plays well (and it happens often), he plays for himself, not the team.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Santino

I can understand his fustration, seeing Maxwell playing in his place, but it still gives him no right to act that way, he must act like a professional. On the other hand, props to Carey for being professional and calling out his teamate.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:28 PM
la25ecoupe

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:28 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
oh god, again, no offense but people praise boucher like he's king. Obviously sergei would get ice time on a god damn farm team.

I never commented on how boucher was king, it was more a swipe at JM for being useless when it comes to youngsters. Sergei is no saint but JM being bad with young players is pretty much common knowledge around the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
You're very naive if you believe it was all **** and giggles. Pretty sure if he was just as bad down there.
What kind of response is this? A personal attack because I believe what Boucher himself said? If it had been so bad in hamilton, and if boucher didn't have such great things to say about Sergei, do you REALLY think JM would have ever iced him again?

Old
05-04-2010, 04:29 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
Nah, actually, it's a 2-way thing.

If Sergei got in the work earlier this year, this wouldn't be an issue.

But JM is purposely singling him out. FFS, he benched him because he couldn't cover 2 players at once and gave PP time to Darche after he teed up a point shot for the Caps which led to a goal.

He barely gave any PP time to Sergei (if any) down the stretch even though he was a huge part of the team's success.

Martin's not willing to let the past go and now Sergei has had enough. Time will tell which stubborn idiot will be right in the end.
You're niave. Who's to say sergei hasn't always been giving mediocore efforts off the ice and for all we know he was a ****** in the lockerroom. We don't know this, but the truth is starting to come out. Maybe this is frustration, maybe it's him not wanting to work for his spot.

At beginning of year he asked for a trade, he didn't even try to earn a spot. So this isn't a recent issue IMO.

Old
05-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Seriously people need to stop digging around for a reason why Sergei isn't playing, and just see it for what it is on the surface. Sergei is just not playing with enough heart, and not playing his role in JM's system well enough. That's it. He has more skill than Tom Pyatt, but Pyatt does EXACTLY what the coach asks of him.

I'd say 90% of goals scored against us are because we didn't get the puck deep enough on a line change dump. It's really simple stuff like that guys like Pyatt and Moore do to a tee. How many times have you seen guys like AK, SK, and Pouliot mess this simple play up? Thats why they get demoted, benched or put into the press box. Playing hard, finishing checks, executing simple plays: that's all that JM is asking. I'm sick and tired of people defending these guys; it's time for them to wake up and do what they're told.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:32 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
You're niave. Who's to say sergei hasn't always been giving mediocore efforts off the ice and for all we know he was a ****** in the lockerroom. We don't know this, but the truth is starting to come out. Maybe this is frustration, maybe it's him not wanting to work for his spot.

At beginning of year he asked for a trade, he didn't even try to earn a spot. So this isn't a recent issue IMO.
Comon man, we don't know how he is off the ice, we can only speculate. Yeah it appears like his attitude isn't that great, but it doesn't mean JM has handled the situation perfectly either. All i know for sure is that dressing ben maxwell and mathieu darche over sergei isn't icing the best team we can.

Old
05-04-2010, 04:33 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I never commented on how boucher was king, it was more a swipe at JM for being useless when it comes to youngsters. Sergei is no saint but JM being bad with young players is pretty much common knowledge around the league.
It's nothing personal but people should relax with boucher. Not you specifically but I hear so much nonsense about "boucher wouldn't do this" but would boucher win us hockey games? I get you didn't mean it that way, but it's starting to annoy me. Lever was good with our young guys too! It's the AHL, you allow them to make mistakes, it's a developmental league. NHL is THE league, there's a big difference in how the coaches can treat their players.

Old
Jigger77

Quote:

What kind of response is this? A personal attack because I believe what Boucher himself said? If it had been so bad in hamilton, and if boucher didn't have such great things to say about Sergei, do you REALLY think JM would have ever iced him again?
Right now JM has a team that wasn't supposed to be in the playoffs knocking out the President's trophy winners and split 1-1 coming back home with the SC Champs. Gorges, Subban, Maxwell, Lapierre, O'byrne only to name a few seem to be playing at the top of their game under the same coach right now.

There is no argument here. This is SKosts "fault" (I don't like that word because it's more of a personality trait more than a conscientious effort to be an ass) and nobody elses.

You either have the team warrior mentality or you don't.

Jigger77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
icerocket

**** second chances. This is the playoffs. You do your job you are in. If you can't, you can watch the game from the press box. Very simple.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:34 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Seriously people need to stop digging around for a reason why Sergei isn't playing, and just see it for what it is on the surface. Sergei is just not playing with enough heart, and not playing his role in JM's system well enough. That's it. He has more skill than Tom Pyatt, but Pyatt does EXACTLY what the coach asks of him.

I'd say 90% of goals scored against us are because we didn't get the puck deep enough on a line change dump. It's really simple stuff like that guys like Pyatt and Moore do to a tee. How many times have you seen guys like AK, SK, and Pouliot mess this simple play up? Thats why they get demoted, benched or put into the press box. Playing hard, finishing checks, executing simple plays: that's all that JM is asking. I'm sick and tired of people defending these guys; it's time for them to wake up and do what they're told.
why did you quote me exactly? lol I agree with you.