HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

It's Not Over

Old
05-05-2010, 10:48 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300

NO SWEEP FOR YOU

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Flyers93

vCash: 500
Well, with Krejci out too now maybe we can win a game or two. Then maybe Gagne comes back, and bam, maybe we get anoher win and force a game 7.

A guy can dream, eh.

Flyers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 11:13 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Four game win steak is on the way. Maybe we should get John Stevens to bake a cake.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Garbage Goal

I'll likely be watching the next game with a passing interest.

Comparing us to the Habs in the first round is an innately inaccurate comparison. They were only down 3-1. They weren't injury-ravaged. They had a hot number one goalie. They were playing a regular season dynamo that's known for post-season failures. We're down 3-0. We are injury-ravaged. We are playing a backup goalie that's neither hot nor cold. We are not playing a team that's known to be regular season dynamos and post-season failures.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 11:30 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Its not over at all. But I can't see anything good happening. I am not happy.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 11:39 PM
ilovetheflyers8

I want them to win, and I'm hoping they will come back and win the series, but I'm not really expecting it either.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:16 AM
FlyersCup08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I'll likely be watching the next game with a passing interest.

Comparing us to the Habs in the first round is an innately inaccurate comparison. They were only down 3-1. They weren't injury-ravaged. They had a hot number one goalie. They were playing a regular season dynamo that's known for post-season failures. We're down 3-0. We are injury-ravaged. We are playing a backup goalie that's neither hot nor cold. We are not playing a team that's known to be regular season dynamos and post-season failures.
I agree being down 3-0 is different than 3-1, but IMO when the Habs were down 3-1 to the Caps, the Caps seemed unstoppable and appeared would easily coast to victory.

The Bruins, on the other hand, are really not even a better team, even with our injuries (and now they're missing Krejci). Halak didn't even really get hot until their winning streak, Boosh is capable of that too (not to that extent, but I don't think he needs to be).

This 3-0 deficit is deceiving; it includes a hard-fought overtime game 1, which could have gone either way, a tight one-goal game 2, and then tonight where the score didn't reflect the game. I have no doubt in my mind that the Flyers are capable of 4 straight wins, take it one game at a time.

Am I saying that I expect them to win this series? No. I expect them to battle every shift of every game for the rest of the series, and if they do that they have a chance to win.

And really IMO that's the difference between a fan and a bystander. A bystander will say hands-down the B's take this series, probably in 4. But a true fan roots for their team against all odds, they believe until the very end.

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 01:14 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Quit being so negative guys, Hextall89 is gonna get on your case for being not "true" Flyers fans.
I never said that. It really irks me when I come on here and all I read is how much we suck and how you automatically concede the series. To me, I think the Flyers could've won game won and game two, while they were outplayed tonight. So I mean, take it for what its worth, but I don't think the Flyers have played like they deserve to not have a win right now. And you, as a poster, I have rarely ever seen anything positive besides the huge boner you have for Matt Stairs, which I also had for a while until he was let go. Get over it, man. No need to call me out for still having hope.

05-06-2010, 01:31 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
42' Leafs (NHL)
75' Islanders (NHL)
04' Red Sox (MLB)

The ONLY times a professional sports team has come back from being down 3-0 in a series to win it. Yeah, not gonna happen.

On the bright side...42+75+04=121...1+2+1=4. That means we'll win the next 4 games! WOO-HOO!

Um...

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:40 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
I agree being down 3-0 is different than 3-1, but IMO when the Habs were down 3-1 to the Caps, the Caps seemed unstoppable and appeared would easily coast to victory.

The Bruins, on the other hand, are really not even a better team, even with our injuries (and now they're missing Krejci). Halak didn't even really get hot until their winning streak, Boosh is capable of that too (not to that extent, but I don't think he needs to be).

This 3-0 deficit is deceiving; it includes a hard-fought overtime game 1, which could have gone either way, a tight one-goal game 2, and then tonight where the score didn't reflect the game. I have no doubt in my mind that the Flyers are capable of 4 straight wins, take it one game at a time.

Am I saying that I expect them to win this series? No. I expect them to battle every shift of every game for the rest of the series, and if they do that they have a chance to win.

And really IMO that's the difference between a fan and a bystander. A bystander will say hands-down the B's take this series, probably in 4. But a true fan roots for their team against all odds, they believe until the very end.
HEAR! HEAR!! Amen to that!! Agree with it in its entirety!

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

vCash: 50
Krejci Injury is huge for B's, forces Savaahd to assume more responsiblity and minutes than he's ready for. We get the first goal and start from there. I expect to see some new looks on the PP (assuming we get some) and for Philly to take a page out of Hawks playbook with Harts and Prongs at the top of the crease. Gagne's return is big, defensive positioning probably doesn't come through on the PS3 but if it did the idiots here would finally understand what Simon brings to the rink every night. Playing from behind the B's are as inconsistent as we are. Lavy and co. have had a whole day to diagram alternate offensive zone entrances, I expect a return to dump and chase hockey tonight. Can we come back? Why the **** not? Taking nothing away from the better team so far, the Bruins are not cup contenders, they can put on a nightly clinic on how to clog up the Neutral zone but that's entirely dependant on playing with a lead. Oldest cliche goes, first 10 minutes for the Flyers is everything.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 07:54 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

We needed a shootout win after 82 games to make the playoffs, so I say it's never over till its over.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 08:29 AM
PhillyCurt12

still cheering, but i'm trying not to get y hopes up unless they take the next game. i will be much more disappointed if they lose in 6 or 7 than if they lose in 5.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 09:23 AM
BringBackStevens

It's still unlikely we win, but we've never really been out of this series. Hopefully actually catching some breaks will get us on a roll

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Unstable

Hell no, it's not over!

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 09:53 AM
MsWoof

One game at a time. Take game 5 and they'll really be in the Bruins' heads.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
One game at a time. Take game 5 and they'll really be in the Bruins' heads.

Yup, I'd rather be down 3-1 after winning game 4, than down 3-1 after losing game 4. At least this way we gained some momentum going back to Boston. Bruins will feel big time pressure if we win game 5 and these teams are very evenly matched. Boucher HAS to be better.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 10:04 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
I'm fully expecting Gagne to just start channeling the spirit of Peter Forsberg and carry us to two wins.

And then we lose in game 7

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 10:38 AM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

This thread is full of win. I bleed Orange and though I am worried and know it is unlikely, I have not lost hope. One game at a time! Don't go down without a fight, and show me the heart I have seen for the last few weeks now!

orange and black48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 11:11 AM
BrotherlyLove

I'm still gonna hope, but we really need to step up and not blow anymore 2 goal leads

BrotherlyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 11:34 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
They just look dead. They looked gassed tonight. I'm not giving up (I am a Sox fan and I never gave up in '04, that comeback still amazes me) but honestly, with the injuries and all...it just isn't their year.
I disagree they looked like they didnt have any confidence. When we took the lead they looked like they did during the middle of the year...flying around like crazy.

To me the only factor against coming back is that we have to win 4 straight. But thats it. ITS THE BRUINS, minus a few of their top guys and dmen. They didnt have much to being with. Its not like we are playing a top seed here. Plus Rask is playing well but allowed several soft goals this series. he can steal a game but not that worried about that scenario. If im a bruins fan im not scared but I may be a little worried.

Plus after that intro at the game last night...IM ALL IN!

LETS GO FLYERS

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 11:35 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Yup, I'd rather be down 3-1 after winning game 4, than down 3-1 after losing game 4. At least this way we gained some momentum going back to Boston. Bruins will feel big time pressure if we win game 5 and these teams are very evenly matched. Boucher HAS to be better.
Good point.

Boston hasnt lost yet at home. We need to get that first goal.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Richyrich

Gotta be in it to win it!!!

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 12:11 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Definitely not impossible. But also definitely not likely. I'm pulling for 'em, but I'm not holding my breath. They CAN do it, but they basically have to play perfect hockey and hope for the all the lucky bounces.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 01:01 PM
CanmoreMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Oiler fan who still loves Pronger and what he did in '06 and done since then.

Beat the Bruins in Game 5 and you guys will win Game 6. You want to get ahead early - that's obviously better than playing from behind against Rask - but keep the score tight. No 7-1 drubbings! Save that till Game 7.

This thing is possible. Close, nut punch victories are the ones that haunt teams in the playoffs. Two more of those and Boston goes down.

CanmoreMike is offline   Reply With Quote