HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn absent from practice

Old
05-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
he's gone but who care right now it's the playoff can we wait this summer to talk about him we will have plenty of time.

45345342 trade proposals with the Kostitsyns and Hammer for a top6 fowards, poor other fan base
you mean Mods

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You make it sound like an exact science.

How about minnesota? They had 2 top 10 picks that couldn't buy a goal. Pouliot and Sheppard. How about edmonton? Where Gagner and Cogliano's progress seems to have stalled. How about Matt moulson in NYI, where he wasn't good enough to be kept by team who drafted him? Oh no, these other situations don't count. Montreal may suck with players but a lot of teams do cuz it's that hard. When we have 9th round picks who steal playoff games, sergei K in the 7th round and even a guy like d'ags who was in 6th round(i think) it goes to show we must be doing something right and please god don't say 'we draft well' cuz apparently they would ALL by ruined by management. Nothing's perfect. Would I like better management of young players? better scouts? better trades and acquisitions? Hell yes. I would also like two-three hot models in my room but I guess I gotta have realistic expectations, right?
So you're talking about a team that cleaned out management and sucks big time (but actually has done well since they brought in our trainwreck and turned him into a stud)?

One that has a cupboard FULL of young players and their regular roster filled with young studs developping?

And Gagner had his development stalled? Go watch some Oil games.

If you want to compare the Habs to the Wild, go ahead. Just goes to show we've done a piss-poor job at developping and building.

If you want to compare the Habs to the Kings, go ahead. There's no real comparison though. They've done a great job at building their team with youth and through their system.

If you want to compare the Habs to the Oil, go ahead. Nothing like comparing yourself to the worst team in the league to make yourself feel good about your situation.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Are you kidding? NHL contracts state that the playoffs are included in their season whether paychecks are handed out or not.

So you should only practice if you a guranteed to play? What a prima donna. See ya Sergei...
Never said that. I said technically, his paychecks are over.
You shouldn't practice only if you are guaranteed to play, but at least have the possibility of it.
Tell me what are the chances Sergei plays again??...

You guys are so ridiculous it's not even funny. You ALL know he won't play another minute here, but wait a minute!...Let's keep on dissing him because even if he won't play, he's absent from a practice!!!...OMG the *****!

Whining over the fact he's not at practice when he clearly won't play another game and doesn't seem to be wanted around the team. Really, you guys are pathetic. You guys can't wait for him to be gone, but then whine about him not being at Practice. Wow seriously. Get over yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
He still collected his pay check when he knew he wasn't part of the team but now that he doesn't get paid he could pull a fit? I don't know what happened but he needs to act like a pro
That is the key part of your sentence. Nobody knows what happened. For all we know, Martin told him not to come. But regardless, let's keep on dissing Sergei...

Watch this. If Sergei doesn't accompany the Team to Pittsburgh, a new thread will be made saying Sergei didn't join the team.
People well bash him for abandoning the team and blablabla, but chances are it'll be Martin that told him to stay back.

Maybe Martin told him not to come at practice. But no, let's not think of that.
Even if it is coming purely from Sergei. He's not wanted, he won't be here next year, he won't play again this year, he's constantly criticized and disliked, I don't see the big deal.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:38 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
Well it's obvious that SK won't play ever for the Habs. I had hope that he would come back from Hamilton with a better attitude but old habits die hard it seems.

Management is not to blame here.
It's always the same thing...

He made a mistake and paid for it, he finally decided he would do what he can do get back with Montreal which was to work hard and make Boucher happy and he did. He got here with limited ice time and worked to get more, but couldnt get on the PP no matter what, but maybe it's fine to still make him pay for what happened before he worked his way back in the line up for Martin, but I dont get it.

Then after the olympic break he's been one of our top 3 forwards, but at a time the whole team sucked included Halak he was involved in a few plays where we got schooled by ****** player and got benched for the last game of the season for it. Was it deserved? I think not.

Then usually what happens when your boss **** on your head, you make mistake and you get more ****. The more **** you get the more pissed you are. The more pissed you are the least motivated you get, the least motivated you get the least happy you are when you show up at practice and then it just gets worst.

The part I never got is well there's 2. How come he never had a regular shift on the PP when we missed D to play the point AND missed forward to play up front on the PP. AND also why does he always have to get benched even if Moore and him was our top 2 shutdown guys after the break for one ****ing mistake in a game our whole team played like ****.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Never said that. I said technically, his paychecks are over.
You shouldn't practice only if you are guaranteed to play, but at least have the possibility of it.
Tell me what are the chances Sergei plays again??...

You guys are so ridiculous it's not even funny. You ALL know he won't play another minute here, but wait a minute!...Let's keep on dissing him because even if he won't play, he's absent from a practice!!!...OMG the *****!

Whining over the fact he's not at practice when he clearly won't play another game and doesn't seem to be wanted around the team. Really, you guys are pathetic. You guys can't wait for him to be gone, but then whine about him not being at Practice. Wow seriously. Get over yourselves.

That is the key part of your sentence. Nobody knows what happened. For all we know, Martin told him not to come. But regardless, let's keep on dissing Sergei...

Watch this. If Sergei doesn't accompany the Team to Pittsburgh, a new thread will be made saying Sergei didn't join the team.
People well bash him for abandoning the team and blablabla, but chances are it'll be Martin that told him to stay back.

Maybe Martin told him not to come at practice. But no, let's not think of that.
Even if it is coming purely from Sergei. He's not wanted, he won't be here next year, he won't play again this year, he's constantly criticized and disliked, I don't see the big deal.
No one knows about today but what do you make of the situation the other day with Price?You don't believe what happened when price said it and the media all heard what happened.It's nice defending these guys but in the end if he doesn't like it here he can go back home and never come back I won't miss him that's for sure

Old
05-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I've played ice hockey and i wasn't a pro and never missed a practice, so come on. If sergei truly wants to be a better player, whether it's in russia, with the habs or another NHL team, he still needs practice.
I played Ice hockey too, for 10years. Never missed a practice either.
But there's absolutely no comparison.

And look at that, just like I said, MARTIN is the one that told him NOT to practice!

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/298534.html

He was told by Martin to hit the gym instead. So really. You guys, like I said, are pathetic when it comes down to Sergei talks.

Old
05-06-2010, 11:41 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Right. Sergei will practice on a team that wants no part of him.
Keep sharp..?..for what?..you think a little practice during these POs are gonna improve Sergei??..

You should listen to yourself a bit more, you were right. You don't know, should have kept it at that.

The kid is not wanted. The coach seems to want no part of him. It doesn't look like he'll play another game. They rather have someone less talented that sits on the bench but sees no ice time over him. But this is okay and he should stick around to practice..
Who are you kidding..??..

And on top of it, maybe he was told by Martin not to practice. But no, people will always blame Sergei. Ridiculous.

1. You're PAID Hundreds of Thousand of Dollars to play or be ready to play!
2. It's called being a professional, honorable and earning your paycheck.
3. It's supporting your teammates by showing them YOU are ready if called on.
4. YES! Practice at ANYTIME is going to help (ie. Jordan, Crosby Lafleur just of the top of my head)

Besides that...coaches DO play favorites.... Ask any player who played for a guy named Scotty Bowman!

Geez--- do you know how many of WISH we had SK74 skills and would work a FRIGGIN TAILS of for a shot to wear that jersey in the NHL.

IT is his fault, what a waste of talent because of the six inches between his ears!

I hope he never plays in the NHL... go to the KHL you fool!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:41 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
He'll be dealt this summer, if any NHL GM is willing to take risk on an immature, unwilling and enigmatic player. I couldn't care less about the potential player he might becoime, I don't want spoiled divas in my team.
He's KHL bound !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Capitano

Quote:

And look at that, just like I said, MARTIN is the one that told him NOT to practice!

He was told by Martin to hit the gym instead. So really. You guys, like I said, are pathetic when it comes down to Sergei talks.
You were the one trying to justify his absence by saying he wasn't get paid to practice.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:43 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
Working on a new record, featuring AI :

Just fricking awsome!!!

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:43 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
So you're talking about a team that cleaned out management and sucks big time (but actually has done well since they brought in our trainwreck and turned him into a stud)?

One that has a cupboard FULL of young players and their regular roster filled with young studs developping?

And Gagner had his development stalled? Go watch some Oil games.
Doesn't it work both ways? If gagner makes less points but is playing better, but pouliot, who has improved and is trying to be physical and working the corners to the best of his ability...well management ruined him right?

What about cogliano? He's always in trade rumours these days, just like sergei.

How has minnesota done well? They haven't made playoffs and they aren't doing well with sheppard, old or new management.

Lats and pouliot have done similar PPGs after being traded:

Pouliot on 82 games: 31 goals and 50 points.
Latendresse: 37 goals and 55 points.

Similar but lats with the edge right? Now look at ice time and that pretty much accounts for the difference in those few points.

We did not lose in the deal, we had a bum and we got a potential 30 goal scorer, it was a WIN-WIN for both teams so we turned someone called a bust into a potential 30 goal scorer. Terrible management.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
No one knows about today but what do you make of the situation the other day with Price?You don't believe what happened when price said it and the media all heard what happened.It's nice defending these guys but in the end if he doesn't like it here he can go back home and never come back I won't miss him that's for sure
I just posted a link from RDS that says Martin told Sergei to stick to a gym workout today.

As for the other day. I laugh at that. People talk about it as if Sergei left 10min after being on the ice.
The kid practice. Once the optional practice was over, he left the ice. Ya, a few other reservists stayed on but not Sergei. I don't see what the big deal is. Price has to remain sharp, he might get called up during a game. Same thing with the other players that actually feel like they're part of the team or lucky to just be there (Darche).
Sergei knows he won't play anymore and people are making a story because he didn't stay the extra little time AFTER practice??...Really??..I mean, come on..

Some criticism about the kid is right, but there's so much BS..

Old
deandebean

Jacques wants him out around the club and he's right. He's been a pain for 2 seasons.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

You are great at reading too:

Quote:
No, he is not, but the stories are a lot more controversial here. Patrik Berglund was late for practice in STL i think. He got benched the next game, despite being more talented and effective than SK. He came to practice on time afterwards as far as I know. SK just keeps playing by his own rules I guess. Maybe this story is overblown as he's just in the gym. But really, why do we see him as some guy who the management failed? he failed himself.

I agree there's a lot of pressure in this city and a lot of expectations and that can cripple a player, but if so, you can't blame management either. I think in development camps they try and prepare players for this.
Please don't emphasize on me saying 'maybe', cuz it's just a really sad form of discussion.

I do agree this story is a non-issue. He was told to do something and is doing it. It does not change the fact that he's been trouble to the point not only management singles him out, but the players too!

Me saying 'he should be in practice' refers to more than just today.

Old
05-06-2010, 11:48 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
if this is true
he is as good as gone

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Doesn't it work both ways? If gagner makes less points but is playing better, but pouliot, who has improved and is trying to be physical and working the corners to the best of his ability...well management ruined him right?

What about cogliano? He's always in trade rumours these days, just like sergei.

How has minnesota done well? They haven't made playoffs and they aren't doing well with sheppard, old or new management.

Lats and pouliot have done similar PPGs after being traded:

Pouliot on 82 games: 31 goals and 50 points.
Latendresse: 37 goals and 55 points.

Similar but lats with the edge right? Now look at ice time and that pretty much accounts for the difference in those few points.

We did not lose in the deal, we had a bum and we got a potential 30 goal scorer, it was a WIN-WIN for both teams so we turned someone called a bust into a potential 30 goal scorer. Terrible management.
Just saying man, it's not because some teams do bad that it covers our mistakes. Our hockey budget (or potential hockey budget) is probably the same as those 2 teams combined.

Old
05-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
You were the one trying to justify his absence by saying he wasn't get paid to practice.
Actually go back and read. I never said that.

Someone said he's being paid to be there. I said TECHNICALLY he isn't anymore.
It wasn't a justification in the least, just a piece of information given to another poster.

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I just posted a link from RDS that says Martin told Sergei to stick to a gym workout today.

As for the other day. I laugh at that. People talk about it as if Sergei left 10min after being on the ice.
The kid practice. Once the optional practice was over, he left the ice. Ya, a few other reservists stayed on but not Sergei. I don't see what the big deal is. Price has to remain sharp, he might get called up during a game. Same thing with the other players that actually feel like they're part of the team or lucky to just be there (Darche).
Sergei knows he won't play anymore and people are making a story because he didn't stay the extra little time AFTER practice??...Really??..I mean, come on..

Some criticism about the kid is right, but there's so much BS..
If you are on the payroll, you are part of the team my friend

Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:

Yesterday... there was an optional practice that Sergei blew off... he is not wanted because he does not want to show that he wants to play.

He thinks he has a right to play ie... his threat to leave when we was demoted to the Bulldogs.

When he WAS practicing he was not following the style JM wanted... see the reports of JM reaming him out for being up ice when he wanted the forward to come back and receive short passes from the Dmen.

His attitude in Hamilton was aweful... talked to many Bulldog fans who were shocked he was even called back up before a guy like Deshaires.

It's called earning you ice... if you really played hockey for 10 years you would know that....or was that just the coaches fault!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Actually go back and read. I never said that.

Someone said he's being paid to be there. I said TECHNICALLY he isn't anymore.
It wasn't a justification in the least, just a piece of information given to another poster.
so it gives him the right to act that way,why didn't he do that when he was getting paid during the season?Cause they would have suspended him no salary?Comon Kriss

Old
05-06-2010, 11:53 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Just saying man, it's not because some teams do bad that it covers our mistakes. Our hockey budget (or potential hockey budget) is probably the same as those 2 teams combined.
I can agree with we should be doing better because we have a large budget and you'd think we have experience. I'm just saying it's not that easy. 90% of the work falls on the player, if not more.

Good coaching and management won't get me the the NHL. Some players have got to nhl on talent alone, but no one got the NHL because of 'good management'. Some have got there through hard work, and I repeat, no one from 'good management'.

Obviously, management can help you learn and they can teach you, but if you're not willing to learn...

Old
05-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Please don't emphasize on me saying 'maybe', cuz it's just a really sad form of discussion.

I do agree this story is a non-issue. He was told to do something and is doing it. It does not change the fact that he's been trouble to the point not only management singles him out, but the players too!

Me saying 'he should be in practice' refers to more than just today.
I had no read that post of yours as it was not directed towards me. Therefore I apologize.

But really, management singled him out since Training camp. I mean, let's not pretend Management did everything they could in order to make Sergei work well and gave him all the chances he needed to find some success.

Like I always said, Sergei has acted like an idiot and there's no doubt about it. But at the same time, Management messed up with his handling BIG TIME.

Quote:
If you are on the payroll, you are part of the team my friend
That's if you want to be technical.
And since you want to be that, then I can say there's no more payroll
( not saying this is an excuse. Just being technical you know )

You and I both know he's not part of this team. So really, this is a non-issue. And as we've learned, he's actually doing what he's told.

Old
05-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
I can agree with we should be doing better because we have a large budget and you'd think we have experience. I'm just saying it's not that easy. 90% of the work falls on the player, if not more.

Good coaching and management won't get me the the NHL. Some players have got to nhl on talent alone, but no one got the NHL because of 'good management'. Some have got there through hard work, and I repeat, no one from 'good management'.

Obviously, management can help you learn and they can teach you, but if you're not willing to learn...
True, and I wouldn't bother with this if it was only Latendresse. Fact is, it's a tendency.

We have the means to work out something and it hasn't happened. Wether that's on the org, the scouts we hired, the players, etc. doesn't matter. In any of those cases, something can be/could have been done. It hasn't.

But what's also important is some of these players don't come through great organizations from their youth on out, like the CHL, the USHL, the NCAA, but rather paternalist organizations like those in Europe (mostly Russia, but the point still stands). If you draft a player from there, you better be well-prepared to make sure these guys know what they have to do and what they have to buy in. I don't know how an organization can draft a guy 10th overall and have done so little right in his case. 1 wasted year in Europe where he barely played, 1 year in the AHL when he clearly wasn't ready and could've been sent to Medicine Hat, and clearly, he wasn't ready for the Montreal lifestyle. Really?

I'd go on about other cases which are not like this one, where the players simply couldn't get to where we all thought they'd be. Obviously, in all of those cases, the players all had a huge say in their own failure here. But clearly in each of those cases, the organization didn't do everything it could have done to prevent the situation. And it's quite simple that if there's an improvement that can be done and a flaw pointed out, it should be done. Simple as that. We have the means, we can hire the best people around, but we just don't do it. And it's quite frustrating to think that an organization making that much money off it's fans doesn't even bother finding a solution to this.

Old
05-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
That's if you want to be technical.
And since you want to be that, then I can say there's no more payroll
( not saying this is an excuse. Just being technical you know )

You and I both know he's not part of this team. So really, this is a non-issue. And as we've learned, he's actually doing what he's told.
yes and no,Price for example can be a real you know what in all of this Halak success but he is not,staying right with the team and encouraging both Halak and the rest of the players

Again I still don't understand what happened cause since the O. break SK was a really good player for us killing lots of penalties and playing well,Martin definitely doesn't like the kid that I agree but he is still a pro and gotta act like one until the season is done when he could then ask for a trade or go back to the KHL or where ever he wishes to be

Old
05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
I had no read that post of yours as it was not directed towards me. Therefore I apologize.

But really, management singled him out since Training camp. I mean, let's not pretend Management did everything they could in order to make Sergei work well and gave him all the chances he needed to find some success.

Like I always said, Sergei has acted like an idiot and there's no doubt about it. But at the same time, Management messed up with his handling BIG TIME.
Ask yourself one question. Why?

If you think they randomly selected him and made a conscious decision to "single him out", then so be it. It would be nonsensical, but your opinion and yours to be entitled to.

If you have another reason why they did (other than the one 99% of the people here and apparently his coaching staff and teammates believe it to be), I'd LOVE to hear it.

There are two types of hockey players. Those who get it, those who don't. The reason Darche is on the bench and has 1/5th of Sergei's talent is because he falls into the 1st category and Sergei doesn't.

As far as management not doing well with kids. Pyatt, White, Subban, O'byrne, Gorges and co say hi.

Those guys get it.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote