HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montréal Impact

Old
06-02-2010, 09:14 PM
D3nZ

vCash: 500
Montreal probably has the best coverage of the second division. They even have better coverage than some MLS clubs (New England, San Jose just to name a few). Don't forget that the official coverage of the Impact comes from Radio Canada and not RDS. I don't see a whole lot of coverage from TSN for TFC and that is because CBC is taking care of that.

D3nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post

You saw the games this year or at least went to the stadium? There was no sold out. Well, none of the game was played in front of an actual 13k.

And yes, I remember the Concacaf quarters, I was there...

But I'm also talking about the medias, like RDS. They give the Impact almost no coverage except for these kind of games.
i've been to two games this year and they were sell-outs. others that were not, were close 11-12k.
there was a lower turnout vs Toronto because the impact were already eliminated from concacaf. rds doesn't cover them because radio canada has their tv rights and covers them

Hugo Sham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 09:18 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3nZ View Post
Montreal probably has the best coverage of the second division. They even have better coverage than some MLS clubs (New England, San Jose just to name a few). Don't forget that the official coverage of the Impact comes from Radio Canada and not RDS. I don't see a whole lot of coverage from TSN for TFC and that is because CBC is taking care of that.
Well Toronto has I don't know how many clubs(Leafs, Jays, Raps, Argos, Rock, TFC, Marlies, etc...)

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Well Toronto has I don't know how many clubs(Leafs, Jays, Raps, Argos, Rock, TFC, Marlies, etc...)
We have only the Als (champions) and the Impact (champions) and the Habs (final four)....

I guess quality is better than quantity.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 09:26 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
We have only the Als (champions) and the Impact (champions) and the Habs (final four)....

I guess quality is better than quantity.

Of course, that's not what I'm arguing about. More about coverage... But yeah, since RDS doesn't fully cover them(except some Canadian championship games), I can understand.

Old
06-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:

Of course, that's not what I'm arguing about. More about coverage... But yeah, since RDS doesn't fully cover them(except some Canadian championship games), I can understand.
yeah but its nice how one can tell TO to "suck it"..

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 09:33 PM
D3nZ

And Joey has stated that they want to stay with Radio Canada because they have been along for some time. I am sure that it will be alot more easy to get cross country coverage from CBC/Radio-Canada when all 3 canadian cities are in the MLS.

D3nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Dutch

RDS doesn't give decent coverage to sports they don't have the rights to. They used to give much more coverage to the Impact when they were presenting their games.

As for who gets the TV rights when the team jumps in the MLS, I wouldn't be surprised to see TVA Sports making a bid for that. They'll need some sports since they won't have the Habs or Als.

Dutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 09:54 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
RDS doesn't give decent coverage to sports they don't have the rights to. They used to give much more coverage to the Impact when they were presenting their games.

As for who gets the TV rights when the team jumps in the MLS, I wouldn't be surprised to see TVA Sports making a bid for that. They'll need some sports since they won't have the Habs or Als.
Well, the Impact used to pay for RDS to present their games...

Old
06-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Dutch

Really ? I didn't know that. I didn't think they were paying since RDS didn't even produce the games, just bought the feed from Fox Sports at the time.

Old
06-02-2010, 11:01 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Really ? I didn't know that. I didn't think they were paying since RDS didn't even produce the games, just bought the feed from Fox Sports at the time.
You sure? They were live at Centre Claude-Robillard.

Old
06-03-2010, 07:42 AM
VanNistelrooy

No, RDS did get their own feed for about 10-12 games a year when they had the rights.

VanNistelrooy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 12:26 PM
deandebean

Gionta, the Impact is a division 2 league, where the average crowds must be closer to 5000 than 13 000. So, for me, getting more than 10 000 for such a bush league (because that's what it is, really) is pretty decent.

And yesterday's match drew more fans than the other 2 in MLS markets. To quote the Milan coach: it shows that the tradition of soccer is more developped in Montreal than in the US.

I take that as a pretty big compliment.

As for the Taranna **** Club (stands for FC), I could care less. They suck like all Taranna teams.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 12:34 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Ok, but for Canadian Championship games? But I'll give you that they had a **** start and were fast eliminated. The other thing I hate is Sunday 2 PM games...

Old
06-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Woland

Mike Cammalleri in section 114 with us

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
No, RDS did get their own feed for about 10-12 games a year when they had the rights.
Maybe they bought the games they had the possibility to when they could, since I clearly remember seing the Fox Sports ticker during some games.

Old
06-04-2010, 08:32 AM
zzoo

I just talk with my boss about the soccer popularity in Montreal. He says that soccer WAS very popular here in 80's. The team was Manic. And there was about 30,000 to 35,000 people every game !!!

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 08:38 AM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Maybe they bought the games they had the possibility to when they could, since I clearly remember seing the Fox Sports ticker during some games.
Well, I remember well Claudine Douville and Jean Gounelle / Rudy Doliscat being present near the field.

VanNistelrooy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I just talk with my boss about the soccer popularity in Montreal. He says that soccer WAS very popular here in 80's. The team was Manic. And there was about 30,000 to 35,000 people every game !!!
Oh boy! Hurts to feel so old

Le Manic even had 40,000+ people in attendance. Great atmosphere with brazilian fans and their drums. Very good players in the major league in North America. That's when Pele was playing with New York. I dreamt of getting a shot with Manic Junior when my coach invited some of Manic management to one of our games.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2011, 11:13 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

1 year away until we enter the MLS!

PS: LOL at TFC for losing to the expansion Whitecaps today.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote