HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

NHL 11 to include CHL teams?

Old
05-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Piques

vCash: 500
NHL 11 to include CHL teams?

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhoc...juniorsinnhl11

I hope this is true this would be an awesome addition to the nhl franchise. I hope you would get to start in the CHL and play a year there and then get drafted into the NHL.

Piques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Yup, all 60 WHL, OHL and QMJHL teams will be in it. We are talking about it on the Hockey Video Game board.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 05:11 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Wow they are really running out of ideas for new features for these games huh?

Why would anyone want to play with Canadian Junior teams? I understand some people in Canada follow them closely but seriously, isn't it called NHL '11 for a reason?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 05:22 PM
awesomo
HARD!

i hope this isnt the only thing they added. Because when they added DEL, SEL, FEL (or whatever) i never played on those. Lets get some big updates instead of some minor tweaks and releasing the same game

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Ranger Wolf
Smoke Me A Kipper!

For Be A Pro mode it would be awesome. Start by playing a CHL season leading up to the draft. Heck, have an option to start the mode as you are drafted by a CHL team and then you have 3 seasons until the NHL draft.

I'd hold off buying NHL 10 on the cheap (down the road) if they add this to 11.

Ranger Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

Why would anyone want to play with Canadian Junior teams? I understand some people in Canada follow them closely but seriously, isn't it called NHL '11 for a reason?
Um, that is huge. Everyone in the hockey forum is thrilled over it.

The fact that so many more NHL team prospects and future draftees will be in the game makes it all the better. A dynasty mode with drafts that feature REAL future players :drool:

Casual hockey fans probably wouldn't care I guess, but I don't care about them anyway, it's all about making us Hardcore hockey fans happy

Old
05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:

Well, it ALL depends on how they incorporate it.

Are they just going to be their for exhibition play? Have just a CHL season mode? Incorporate the CHL into Be-A-Pro? Have the CHL in GM mode to where that is where draft prospects come from every year?

Didn't read through the article, but including the CHL could be a huge aspect of many modes in NHL 11 (If they don't utilize properly then I agree that it will end up being pretty irrelevant for someone like myself).

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Um, that is huge. Everyone in the hockey forum is thrilled over it.

The fact that so many more NHL team prospects and future draftees will be in the game makes it all the better. A dynasty mode with drafts that feature REAL future players :drool:

Casual hockey fans probably wouldn't care I guess, but I don't care about them anyway, it's all about making us Hardcore hockey fans happy
I highly doubt they can do this. The players are amateurs and can't be licensed like that, I don't think. It's probably going to be like teh NCAA games where teams are staff with players that are like the real ones, but would not look exactly right and would have names like "Forward #19" and "Goalie #30". The only reason that we get prospects from Europe in the game is because they are playing in the pro leagues in Europe.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I highly doubt they can do this. The players are amateurs and can't be licensed like that, I don't think. It's probably going to be like teh NCAA games where teams are staff with players that are like the real ones, but would not look exactly right and would have names like "Forward #19" and "Goalie #30". The only reason that we get prospects from Europe in the game is because they are playing in the pro leagues in Europe.
It's totally different then the NCAA. NCAA players are not signed by the NCAA to contracts like the CHL are. It would be like the AHL in the game, all players would be included.

Old
05-06-2010, 05:56 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

I hated franchise and be a pro mode in NHL10. I find the AI terrible, and the game pretty boring. The only saving grace for me in NHL10 is the EASHL online, now thats fun as hell.
So really, im only interested in improvements for EASHL, so the CHL doesn't really impress me too much unless they change franchise mode and computer gameplay and make it bearable. Just my 2 cents of course.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Heisenberg77

Does this mean I can trade Tyler Seguin to the Bruins next year?

Heisenberg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:58 PM
NY Dynasty
Greetings stranger!

I want Russian Teams back
But I don't think the KHL would give them the license and if they would it would cost too much for EA to consider.

NY Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

vCash: 50
This isn't great news for everyone for but long time season ticket holder and long time EA SPORTS NHL supporter it's amazing news.

05-06-2010, 09:07 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:

The key thing is whether or not it's incorporated into the "Be-A-____" game modes. If it is, it means you can spend time in the CHL developing your character from scratch in Be-A-Pro, and it also means you have a place to send new prospects to let them develop in Be-A-GM, as opposed to the old system of signing them and immediately sending them to the AHL, or losing them to free agency (which is more of an NFL-type draft).

It's more true to the business side of the game as it is today. I'm totally on board with it.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Next step, RFA system baby.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:16 PM
The Face Pincher*

I'd buy it if they use this the way I hope it will be used.

The Face Pincher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 02:50 PM
awesomo
HARD!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6264823...titialclk;news

In sum... new physics engine = more appealing body checks

more realistic faceoff.... not just swipe... can fight for it, etc.

broken sticks

Old
06-08-2010, 08:17 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Its the actual players. A CHL rep said they were excited for it and saw it as a promotional tool for them. Since no one is being paid a dime for this, the players are able to be used with their names and likeness.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 08:19 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Blog of a guy whos played it

http://www.gamespot.com/users/nick00...ll-about;blog2

http://www.gamespot.com/users/nick00...ll-about;blog1

Old
06-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
hopefully the next thing for nhl 11 to include is realistic gameplay.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 10:29 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cone View Post
hopefully the next thing for nhl 11 to include is realistic gameplay.
With sports games I generally settle for fair gameplay without AI cheats.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
i just hate how you can't snipe the corners. in the nhl really good players will beat the goalie often times, i never feel dangerous. skating into the crease and just flicking up on the shot aiming for the corner should be a really exciting moment, but no, you gotta deke out the goalie. it annoys me. i go into practice with kovalchuk or ovechkin and just try to snipe the goalie in the corner. i cant. but even in a game where the goalie is back in his net i can't get many actually dangerous shots. just really annoys me. i really dont like how you gotta wind up ur wristers either, i thought the stick handling was a great idea, but having to wind up wrist shots like you do is just weird. it's not the same as a player pulling the puck into his wheel house and firing.

and ive played like 1500 eashl games over the last 2 years as a forward on a really good team, it's just the goalies and shot mechanic are way too flawed for me to enjoy the game anymore. our team is really good at passing. we cycle it heavily around the boards and make smart moves to the net, we have to always draw help and pass it to the open guy until we have a tip in basically. at least thats the consistent way to score. we actually pass up almost all our wide open shots in the slot because we know the goalie will save them the vast majority of the time. the passing and teamplay are really fun, but we've all moved onto fifa because the physics are better the game is more realistic. not perfect but a lot better gameplaywise.

Last edited by Cone: 06-08-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:

Dude, it's awesome. It adds an entire new element.

First BAP - you'll likely start in the minor leagues rather than one prospet game.

Roster Updates - they'll have real CHL rosters, as far as I've heard, so roster updates will be awesome, if they go that deep. It'll keep the Franchise mode drafts that much more unique with real talent rather than some made up guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cone View Post
i just hate how you can't snipe the corners. in the nhl really good players will beat the goalie often times, i never feel dangerous. skating into the crease and just flicking up on the shot aiming for the corner should be a really exciting moment, but no, you gotta deke out the goalie. it annoys me. i go into practice with kovalchuk or ovechkin and just try to snipe the goalie in the corner. i cant. but even in a game where the goalie is back in his net i can't get many actually dangerous shots. just really annoys me. i really dont like how you gotta wind up ur wristers either, i thought the stick handling was a great idea, but having to wind up wrist shots like you do is just weird. it's not the same as a player pulling the puck into his wheel house and firing.

and ive played like 1500 eashl games over the last 2 years as a forward on a really good team, it's just the goalies and shot mechanic are way too flawed for me to enjoy the game anymore. our team is really good at passing. we cycle it heavily around the boards and make smart moves to the net, we have to always draw help and pass it to the open guy until we have a tip in basically. at least thats the consistent way to score. we actually pass up almost all our wide open shots in the slot because we know the goalie will save them the vast majority of the time. the passing and teamplay are really fun, but we've all moved onto fifa because the physics are better the game is more realistic. not perfect but a lot better gameplaywise.
The goalies are too good in NHL (with the exception of the stupid wrist shot glitch), but the goalies in Fifa are PATHETIC. The gameplay is fun (same with NHL), but the goalies in Fifa are so laughably bad that it's not even fun. All you have to do is chip it and it goes in 99.98% of the time. It's ******** how dumb they are.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

I'm going to be honest, I never heard of the CHL before I read this thread a few seconds ago

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
I'm going to be honest, I never heard of the CHL before I read this thread a few seconds ago
You've never heard of the OHL (Ontario Hockey League)? That's part of the CHL. The OHL has brought in such players as Steven Stamkos, Jordon Staal, John Tavares among others over the past few years.

Both Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin play in the OHL. The players expect to go #1 and #2 this year.

The other two leagues that make up the CHL are the WHL (Western Hockey League) and the QMJHL (Quebec Major Junior Hockey League). As far as I know, there are 5 US based teams in the WHL as well.

Each league has their own championship. The winners of each league (as well as a host) go on to play in a four (4) team tournament for the Memorial Cup.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote