HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Google new "Everything" sidebar

View Poll Results: Do you like the new Google "Everything" sidebar ?
Yeah i love it 3 8.57%
DIE DIE DIE 32 91.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-07-2010, 02:24 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

vCash: 500
It's quite annoying.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 03:46 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cone View Post
what is the big deal about google? .
I was a huge google fanboy before they went public and even a year or two after. But now I think they are going to take over the world

However, their search is second to none.
It's like this
Google search

Everyone else.

It's that big of a difference. Their search engine has both revolutionized and evolved the internet.
G-mail is way overrated, and while they did not create youtube; they do own it.
Google touches just about every piece of the most common websites North American's visit, and much of the World as well. Use noscript on just about any website and you will probably see some sort of google bot running in the background. Now they are slowly diversifying in to the mobile market, business collaboration, browser, OS, and whatever the hell else. So like I said, they are going to take over the world.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:05 AM
XX
... Waiting

The whole point of google was that it was minimalist, and streamlined. This... is not.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 05:52 AM
guinness
those were the days

I've been using Bing lately, so I haven't noticed.

Edit: Just tried it, and I think it's pretty cool actually, but it's sort of (ok, very) redundant, given the links at the top, that basically do the same damn thing, other than the 'Everything' option.

guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:39 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:
i don't think it's humanly possible for me to care any less at all

i'm only posting because my not caring is that intense.

actually i'm going to go for the yes option just to spite all of you and to spite the op's "die die die" (...) option and anybody who really would actually get worked up about this.

what is the big deal about google? there were search engines before them. why are they like the most famous company on the planet? like people talk about how cool it is when they change the ****ing typography for a holliday or some ****. my life wouldn't be any different without google. i'd just have hotmail instead and use yahoo instead. has anybody gotten more credit for doing less?

then they announced this wave thing and people acted like it's some amazing stroke of genius. i just don't get it. it's kinda a clever take on email, but i still don't particularly care or anything.
They became popular at first because they used actual algorithms for their searches, which resulted in them being far more accurate than the Keyword searches that engines like Yahoo used. After other search engines adopted the same style, they stayed popular because of name recognition.

Since the founders have left, the company isn't the "Robin Hood" corporation that it used to be. Now they are becoming the Microsoft of search engine companies.

DrFeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:28 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
i don't think it's humanly possible for me to care any less at all

i'm only posting because my not caring is that intense.

actually i'm going to go for the yes option just to spite all of you and to spite the op's "die die die" (...) option and anybody who really would actually get worked up about this.

what is the big deal about google? there were search engines before them. why are they like the most famous company on the planet? like people talk about how cool it is when they change the ****ing typography for a holliday or some ****. my life wouldn't be any different without google. i'd just have hotmail instead and use yahoo instead. has anybody gotten more credit for doing less?

then they announced this wave thing and people acted like it's some amazing stroke of genius. i just don't get it. it's kinda a clever take on email, but i still don't particularly care or anything.
Your life certainly would be different without google. They have completely changed the web, which has completely changed everything else.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote