HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Don't be a fool

Old
05-06-2010, 06:04 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

vCash: 500
Don't be a fool

Don't be blinded by the mirage that is the 2nd round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. I see a lot of people content with our season and feel it was an improvement. I do not share the same feelings as you. We had the same terrible stretches of uninspired play throughout the course of a season. We barely snuck into the playoffs only to beat the Devils (whom we've dominated all season) and now on the brink of being eliminated from the playoffs by a team who finished last in the league offensively.

This season is a complete mirage, because it looks better than it really was. Major changes are going to be needed if this team actually wants to be a legitimate cup contender. The only bright spot has been Laviolette. He really has given our system an overhaul and has done his best to inspire a group of uninspired players who enjoy doing nothing but the bare minimum.

If you are content with anything about this season, please pull your head out of your ass.

teegale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:19 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Seriously guys, that Pronger guy was a complete waste of assets. His Norris caliber play and big minutes were all a mirage. He's slow and only capable of doing anything because his partner, Carle, can skate to save him.

Richards? Sure his playoff performance was good but that too was a mirage. He's completely uninspired because he won't speak up in the locker room, and the rest of the team has given up on him.

Giroux? JVR? The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Coburn is the biggest bust since Pamela Anderson.

We're a basement team in truth. We just got lucky this year.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:23 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Helllo, Philly fans.
Sorry for little off-topic, but why isn`t Bartulis playing?

Because he just isn`t good enough, or some old injury?

PS.
I think your team is pretty good, but goalie situation pretty much ruined everything.
For example, last night Bruins shot just 20 shots, and scored 4 goals.
Emery`s injury played big role here.
I hope next year will be better for you all to.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:26 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Seriously guys, that Pronger guy was a complete waste of assets. His Norris caliber play and big minutes were all a mirage. He's slow and only capable of doing anything because his partner, Carle, can skate to save him.

Richards? Sure his playoff performance was good but that too was a mirage. He's completely uninspired because he won't speak up in the locker room, and the rest of the team has given up on him.

Giroux? JVR? The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Are you kidding me? Did you watch any of the regular season? You're calling our season a success based of a round 1 victory over the Devils? Get real.

JVR hasn't done **** since like December, and Coburn has been terrible all season up until March when he decided he wanted to earn a new contract. Watch some games without blinders on and get back to me.

Old
05-06-2010, 06:26 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Helllo, Philly fans.
Sorry for little off-topic, but why isn`t Bartulis playing?

Because he just isn`t good enough, or some old injury?
Bartulis is a rookie. I think the organization felt he wasn't ready to log postseason minutes. They felt Krajicek would be more appropriate given the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
PS.
I think your team is pretty good, but goalie situation pretty much ruined everything.
For example, last night Bruins shot just 20 shots, and scored 4 goals.
Emery`s injury played big role here.
I hope next year will be better for you all to.
Boucher was hardly as good as round 1, so yeah Emery's injury had a big toll on the season. Leighton even went down. It was not a good year. It culminated with Gagne, Carter, and Laperriere all dropping at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
Are you kidding me? Did you watch any of the regular season? You're calling our season a success based of a round 1 victory over the Devils? Get real.

JVR hasn't done **** since like December, and Coburn has been terrible all season up until March when he decided he wanted to earn a new contract. Watch some games without blinders on and get back to me.
We're playing with our back-up goaltender. We're missing two 35-40 goal scorers who also kill penalties. Arguably our best PKer is out as well.

What did you expect? A Stanley Cup?

There's being a realist, and then there's being a...what do you call those people waiving the "end is near" signs on the street corners anyway?

Last edited by CS: 05-06-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old
05-06-2010, 06:38 AM
jb**

Quote:

they did get lucky to make the playoffs. That is obvious. Individuals dont win, teams do. So trump up any guy you like. The bottom line is this team is average, no where near this "elite" status you seem to throw around more than i do $1 bills a stripe joint. Biggest paper tiger team i have seen in a while.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:39 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
We're playing with our back-up goaltender. We're missing two 35-40 goal scorers who also kill penalties. Arguably our best PKer is out as well.

There's being a realist, and then there's being a...what do you call those people waiving the "end is near" signs on the street corners anyway?
You honestly think that even with a fully healthy roster we would be competing for the cup? You're delusional. We snuck into the playoffs by the hair on our chins WITH a healthy roster. If i recall correctly the majority of the games with lost with Leighton/Boucher in net was not because of atrocious goaltending, but because they had no "team" in front of them.

So how is a team that doesn't give a **** during the regular season, supposed to win the stanley cup? Explain that to me please? Because I would love to hear it.

Old
05-06-2010, 06:41 AM
jb**

Quote:

Well you sir are nowhere near a realist. You use every excuse available to not admit this team is an average nhl team. Period

Old
05-06-2010, 07:01 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Let's look at it this way. Take away every game we've played against the Devils and how do you feel about our season as a whole now?

Old
05-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

hey look the two most negative posters are teaming up to look like the flyers fan base

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 07:10 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
hey look the two most negative posters are teaming up to look like the flyers fan base
I rarely post, most of my posts are positive. There comes a point when there's nothing left to be positive about.

It's called being realistic, not delusional.

Old
05-06-2010, 07:11 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Let's look at it this way. Take away every game we've played against the Devils and how do you feel about our season as a whole now?
LMAO. Okay, if you want to do that, I'll take away every game we played between Nov.20th and Dec. 21st.

Hey, without that, we finished 38-22-5.

I feel great!

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 07:15 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
LMAO. Okay, if you want to do that, I'll take away every game we played between Nov.20th and Dec. 21st.

Hey, without that, we finished 38-22-5.

I feel great!
Point being, out of the 8 teams that made the playoffs in the east, we match up well against 1 of them. Way to have the mental comprehension of a toddler.

Old
05-06-2010, 07:21 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Point being, out of the 8 teams that made the playoffs in the east, we match up well against 1 of them. Way to have the mental comprehension of a toddler.
Oh yes, despite playing the Bs evenly without 3 of our best forwards and losing each game by razor thin margins (and we would have won Game 2 with a competent goalie), we just don't match up well against them.

Old
05-06-2010, 07:24 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Oh yes, despite playing the Bs evenly without 3 of our best forwards and losing each game by razor thin margins (and we would have won Game 2 with a competent goalie), we just don't match up well against them.
Ok I'll give you that, so 2 teams? We match up well against 2 teams? Are we supposed be contending for a cup while only being capable of beating 2 teams? Let me just makes sure I understand this... 2 TEAMS?!?!

Old
05-06-2010, 07:30 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Losing two top-6 forwards and a lynch-pin guy like Laperierre is going to take its toll on any team, especially one with less than desirable goaltending.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 07:33 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Losing two top-6 forwards and a lynch-pin guy like Laperierre is going to take its toll on any team, especially one with less than desirable goaltending.
bruins are playign without 2 top 4 dman. Lost sturm early in game 2. Kreci last night. Injuries are not a valid excuse for losing.

Old
05-06-2010, 07:34 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
I agree completely that it's a huge blow to our playoffs, all I'm saying is that our regular season was subpar for having a healthy roster for the majority of the season (minus goaltending). The regular season shows a lot about a teams desire. We're still as streaky as we've ever been.

Old
05-06-2010, 07:35 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I agree completely that it's a huge blow to our playoffs, all I'm saying is that our regular season was subpar for having a healthy roster for the majority of the season (minus goaltending). The regular season shows a lot about a teams desire. We're still as streaky as we've ever been.
Actually, during that LOS stretch, we had quite a few guys out as well. That's when Emery originally went down. Gagne was out. Betts and Powe were injured. Parent was injured then too I believe. I know Briere missed a couple of games in that stretch.

Old
05-06-2010, 07:39 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Actually, during that LOS stretch, we had quite a few guys out as well. That's when Emery originally went down. Gagne was out. Betts and Powe were injured. Parent was injured then too I believe. I know Briere missed a couple of games in that stretch.
Good teams overcome injuries when the majority of your star power is still there. We've been the jekyll and hyde of the nhl for 3 years in a row now.

Old
05-06-2010, 07:43 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
bruins are playign without 2 top 4 dman. Lost sturm early in game 2. Kreci last night. Injuries are not a valid excuse for losing.
I'm just going to put this big so people realize it.

Mark Stuart is not a top 4 defenseman.

Old
05-06-2010, 07:46 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

Seriously. Quoted for emphasis.

Old
05-06-2010, 07:51 AM
jb**

Quote:

If you say so. The fact is they have injuries that are hurting their team. Yet they are able to overcome them. Oh i forgot they are nowhere near as significant as the flyers injuries right? Well at least you and the front office will be in line whne they spew the same line that happens every year around this time. Injuries hurt us, we felt like we had a great team until the injury bug hit us, and all the other garbage that will come out of shooter and luuko's mouth.

Old
05-06-2010, 07:52 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
The only bright spot has been Laviolette. He really has given our system an overhaul and has done his best to inspire a group of uninspired players who enjoy doing nothing but the bare minimum.
He called some great timeouts, too. Don't forget that.

To what end has his system overhaul led? Nothing worth mentioning.

Jury's in: coaching wasn't an issue.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:
It was JVR's first season in the show directly out of the NCAA...he did well. I know I was one of the ones that was concerned with the leap from one league to another, given that he's not used to the workload. I'm happy with his first season.

Coburn regressed, yes. Hopefully it was a one-year blip.

...what can you do?

Quote:
You honestly think that even with a fully healthy roster we would be competing for the cup? You're delusional. We snuck into the playoffs by the hair on our chins WITH a healthy roster. If i recall correctly the majority of the games with lost with Leighton/Boucher in net was not because of atrocious goaltending, but because they had no "team" in front of them.
We were never healthy all year. I know (like you said) when Emery went down, the goaltending wasn't the issue, but let's not forget the coaching change and how that effects the team. While I'm not a huge Lavio fan, I'm curious to see how the team does with him having them for a summer, draft, training camp and full season.

Quote:
So how is a team that doesn't give a **** during the regular season, supposed to win the stanley cup? Explain that to me please? Because I would love to hear it.
See the bolded part of my post above.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote