HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home-ice advantage

Old
05-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Home-ice advantage

What. A. F***ing. Disgrace.

Only 1 of our 5 wins in the postseason have been on home-ice. ONE. How the **** can a defensive coach not be able to take advantage of the matchups?

4-2 on the road, 1-3 at home. What kind of record is this?

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

1-0 when Fix You is our intro song and 0-3 when Blinding city lights is played.

They still don't get it lawl.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:44 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post

Only 1 of our 5 wins in the postseason have been on home-ice. ONE. How the **** can a defensive coach not be able to take advantage of the matchups?

Pittsburg, so far has 1 win in 2 games at home. Not a breaking stat but they aren't perfect. If we win tonight we're even, that simple.

In the washington series:

Wash home loss
wash home win
mtl home loss
mtl home loss
Wash home loss
mtl home win
Wash home loss

That series washington went 1-3 at home. We went 1-2 at home.

Reality is, if we win tonight, we're just as good or better at home in each series as our competition.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
It's a myth

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Pretty simple actually. This freakin boring super trap hockey wouldn't cut it in Montreal. Players feel they need to give a show. Playing just a little out of Martin's system in the playoffs right now means almost automatically a lost.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post

I just said the same thing in the GDT
They better play fix you.

I like the city of blinding lights.....NOT WHEN A TEAM IS GETTING ON THE ICE TO PLAY A HOCKEY GAME!!!!!!

Im telling you, Montreal usually is top of the league in pre-game stuff, they failed miserably in the playoffs.

First the foam fingers, ok they changed it to towels now.
and then city of blinding lights, thought they were smart going back to fix you for game 6 and it worked, instead they go back to putting me to bed before the game even starts!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Tortue

take a chill pill bill. who cares where we win, and seeing how we win the away games I think we're in a good position.

Tortue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Cammalleri 96 View Post

I like the city of blinding lights.....NOT WHEN A TEAM IS GETTING ON THE ICE TO PLAY A HOCKEY GAME!!!!!!

Im telling you, Montreal usually is top of the league in pre-game stuff, they failed miserably in the playoffs.

and then city of blinding lights, thought they were smart going back to fix you for game 6 and it worked, instead they go back to putting me to bed before the game even starts!
Boy oh boy, I got it all messed up, so yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
They don't appreciate all the boooooos they received during the season so they do it on purpose to win on the road

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

I don't get why they don't stick with "Fix You"

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Done

After last night's win by Chi in Vancouver road teams are now 33 wins and 28 losses in this year's playoffs. So, home teams are only winning 46% of their games. Interesting trend.

Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 02:14 PM
zx81

Quote:

If you count 2009 and 2008 playoffs the team is 1-7 in the last 8 games at home.
That's quite an awful record.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 02:18 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisequoi View Post
After last night's win by Chi in Vancouver road teams are now 33 wins and 28 losses in this year's playoffs. So, home teams are only winning 46% of their games. Interesting trend.
guess its not much of an advantage afterall

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 02:19 PM

I swear...it's like some people think the Habs are the #1 seed in these playoffs.

Home ice or not...the Habs are the #8 seed in the East and they've played the #1 seed and defending Cup champion in back to back series. Two teams who happen to have some of the best players in the world on their respective rosters. Home ice or not, Habs aren't even supposed to be here...

I'm not saying we should take a 'just happy to be here' approach as fans, but sometimes it's good to put things into perspective.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Hab-a-maniac

13-24 in the Bell Centre during playoffs. Eeek, that has to be the worst record since 1995 for teams who've played at least 20 home games. It just has to be. And to think, we were an all time .720% winning team at the Forum. I miss NHL arenas that had distinct character.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 04:23 PM
LyricalLyricist

I say instead of fingers or towels we give the fans pittsburg jerseys, this way the habs will feel like they're on the road.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Darch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
13-24 in the Bell Centre during playoffs. Eeek, that has to be the worst record since 1995 for teams who've played at least 20 home games. It just has to be. And to think, we were an all time .720% winning team at the Forum. I miss NHL arenas that had distinct character.
Don't forget the game has changed a ton in the last 15 years. Long gone are the dominant teams of the 50s, 60s and 70s. The disparity between 1 and 30 has shrunk a lot (plus there weren't 30 in those days). Detroit is as close to a dynasty you'll find in the NHLs in the 21st century.

Darch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Cammalleri 96 View Post

they listend to us

Old
05-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

its a trend throughout the league... I havent checked the 2nd round records, but the road team was actually over 500 in the 1st round

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:59 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
lol it's the 8th seed and they beat the best team in the regular season and have tied the defending champs. Settle down. They won Game 6 and tonight, two HUGE games.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Pretty simple actually. This freakin boring super trap hockey wouldn't cut it in Montreal. Players feel they need to give a show. Playing just a little out of Martin's system in the playoffs right now means almost automatically a lost.
I kind of agree, actually.

Many of the trapping New Jersey Devils teams were better on the road than they were at home.

When on the road, all you have to worry about is trying to win the game.

When at home, you also kind of want to entertain the fans, so if you're a team that plays a boring style of hockey in order to win games, the players can be tempted to play outside the system when at home, in order to entertain the fans.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:25 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I swear...it's like some people think the Habs are the #1 seed in these playoffs.

Home ice or not...the Habs are the #8 seed in the East and they've played the #1 seed and defending Cup champion in back to back series. Two teams who happen to have some of the best players in the world on their respective rosters. Home ice or not, Habs aren't even supposed to be here...

I'm not saying we should take a 'just happy to be here' approach as fans, but sometimes it's good to put things into perspective.
I was about to post the same thing. Some of you just dont get it, we played the best team in the NHL and now we're playing the world champs minus our best player outside of Halak. This is nothing shorter than a miracle that we are still playing right now. It is normal that we get owned for a certain amount of time but with this team, its all about how they fight back when they are down.

One thing i noticed back from the Washington series, they never seemed to get too low after a loss. During interviews, guys like camalleri and Gionta were mostly happy that they fought hard and gave themselves a chance to win. They make me yell at my TV very often but at the end I have no other choice but to love and admire these guys. They are giving us a life lesson here about not giving up no matter what even when noboddy believes in you and when you are this close to the end. Just wow.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
I was about to post the same thing. Some of you just dont get it, we played the best team in the NHL and now we're playing the world champs minus our best player outside of Halak. This is nothing shorter than a miracle that we are still playing right now. It is normal that we get owned for a certain amount of time but with this team, its all about how they fight back when they are down.

One thing i noticed back from the Washington series, they never seemed to get too low after a loss. During interviews, guys like camalleri and Gionta were mostly happy that they fought hard and gave themselves a chance to win. They make me yell at my TV very often but at the end I have no other choice but to love and admire these guys. They are giving us a life lesson here about not giving up no matter what even when noboddy believes in you and when you are this close to the end. Just wow.
It is impossible to not love this team!!

They just go go go, everytime you think they are done, they just keep fighting back!