HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home-ice advantage

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2010, 11:40 AM
  #1
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Home-ice advantage

What. A. F***ing. Disgrace.

Only 1 of our 5 wins in the postseason have been on home-ice. ONE. How the **** can a defensive coach not be able to take advantage of the matchups?

4-2 on the road, 1-3 at home. What kind of record is this?

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:43 AM
  #2
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
1-0 when Fix You is our intro song and 0-3 when Blinding city lights is played.

They still don't get it lawl.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:44 AM
  #3
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
What. A. F***ing. Disgrace.

Only 1 of our 5 wins in the postseason have been on home-ice. ONE. How the **** can a defensive coach not be able to take advantage of the matchups?

4-2 on the road, 1-3 at home. What kind of record is this?
Pittsburg, so far has 1 win in 2 games at home. Not a breaking stat but they aren't perfect. If we win tonight we're even, that simple.

In the washington series:

Wash home loss
wash home win
mtl home loss
mtl home loss
Wash home loss
mtl home win
Wash home loss

That series washington went 1-3 at home. We went 1-2 at home.

Reality is, if we win tonight, we're just as good or better at home in each series as our competition.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:44 AM
  #4
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: England
Posts: 7,649
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
It's a myth

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:02 PM
  #5
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
What. A. F***ing. Disgrace.

Only 1 of our 5 wins in the postseason have been on home-ice. ONE. How the **** can a defensive coach not be able to take advantage of the matchups?

4-2 on the road, 1-3 at home. What kind of record is this?
Pretty simple actually. This freakin boring super trap hockey wouldn't cut it in Montreal. Players feel they need to give a show. Playing just a little out of Martin's system in the playoffs right now means almost automatically a lost.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:09 PM
  #6
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,810
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
1-0 when Fix You is our intro song and 0-3 when Blinding city lights is played.

They still don't get it lawl.
I just said the same thing in the GDT
They better play fix you.

I like the city of blinding lights.....NOT WHEN A TEAM IS GETTING ON THE ICE TO PLAY A HOCKEY GAME!!!!!!

Im telling you, Montreal usually is top of the league in pre-game stuff, they failed miserably in the playoffs.

First the foam fingers, ok they changed it to towels now.
and then city of blinding lights, thought they were smart going back to fix you for game 6 and it worked, instead they go back to putting me to bed before the game even starts!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:20 PM
  #7
Tortue
Registered User
 
Tortue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
take a chill pill bill. who cares where we win, and seeing how we win the away games I think we're in a good position.

Tortue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:23 PM
  #8
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Cammalleri 96 View Post
I just said the same thing in the GDT
They better play fix you.

I like the city of blinding lights.....NOT WHEN A TEAM IS GETTING ON THE ICE TO PLAY A HOCKEY GAME!!!!!!

Im telling you, Montreal usually is top of the league in pre-game stuff, they failed miserably in the playoffs.

First the foam fingers, ok they changed it to towels now.
and then city of blinding lights, thought they were smart going back to fix you for game 6 and it worked, instead they go back to putting me to bed before the game even starts!
Boy oh boy, I got it all messed up, so yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:26 PM
  #9
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,560
vCash: 256
They don't appreciate all the boooooos they received during the season so they do it on purpose to win on the road

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:38 PM
  #10
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
1-0 when Fix You is our intro song and 0-3 when Blinding city lights is played.

They still don't get it lawl.
I don't get why they don't stick with "Fix You"

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 12:58 PM
  #11
Done
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
After last night's win by Chi in Vancouver road teams are now 33 wins and 28 losses in this year's playoffs. So, home teams are only winning 46% of their games. Interesting trend.

Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 02:14 PM
  #12
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
What. A. F***ing. Disgrace.

Only 1 of our 5 wins in the postseason have been on home-ice. ONE. How the **** can a defensive coach not be able to take advantage of the matchups?

4-2 on the road, 1-3 at home. What kind of record is this?
If you count 2009 and 2008 playoffs the team is 1-7 in the last 8 games at home.
That's quite an awful record.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 02:18 PM
  #13
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisequoi View Post
After last night's win by Chi in Vancouver road teams are now 33 wins and 28 losses in this year's playoffs. So, home teams are only winning 46% of their games. Interesting trend.
guess its not much of an advantage afterall

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 02:19 PM
  #14
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,744
vCash: 500
I swear...it's like some people think the Habs are the #1 seed in these playoffs.

Home ice or not...the Habs are the #8 seed in the East and they've played the #1 seed and defending Cup champion in back to back series. Two teams who happen to have some of the best players in the world on their respective rosters. Home ice or not, Habs aren't even supposed to be here...


I'm not saying we should take a 'just happy to be here' approach as fans, but sometimes it's good to put things into perspective.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 04:09 PM
  #15
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,229
vCash: 500
13-24 in the Bell Centre during playoffs. Eeek, that has to be the worst record since 1995 for teams who've played at least 20 home games. It just has to be. And to think, we were an all time .720% winning team at the Forum. I miss NHL arenas that had distinct character.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 04:23 PM
  #16
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,178
vCash: 500
I say instead of fingers or towels we give the fans pittsburg jerseys, this way the habs will feel like they're on the road.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 04:38 PM
  #17
Darch
Registered User
 
Darch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
13-24 in the Bell Centre during playoffs. Eeek, that has to be the worst record since 1995 for teams who've played at least 20 home games. It just has to be. And to think, we were an all time .720% winning team at the Forum. I miss NHL arenas that had distinct character.
Don't forget the game has changed a ton in the last 15 years. Long gone are the dominant teams of the 50s, 60s and 70s. The disparity between 1 and 30 has shrunk a lot (plus there weren't 30 in those days). Detroit is as close to a dynasty you'll find in the NHLs in the 21st century.

Darch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:57 PM
  #18
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,810
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
1-0 when Fix You is our intro song and 0-3 when Blinding city lights is played.

They still don't get it lawl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Cammalleri 96 View Post
I just said the same thing in the GDT
They better play fix you.

I like the city of blinding lights.....NOT WHEN A TEAM IS GETTING ON THE ICE TO PLAY A HOCKEY GAME!!!!!!

Im telling you, Montreal usually is top of the league in pre-game stuff, they failed miserably in the playoffs.

First the foam fingers, ok they changed it to towels now.
and then city of blinding lights, thought they were smart going back to fix you for game 6 and it worked, instead they go back to putting me to bed before the game even starts!


they listend to us

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:58 PM
  #19
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,138
vCash: 500
its a trend throughout the league... I havent checked the 2nd round records, but the road team was actually over 500 in the 1st round

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:59 PM
  #20
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,233
vCash: 612
lol it's the 8th seed and they beat the best team in the regular season and have tied the defending champs. Settle down. They won Game 6 and tonight, two HUGE games.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:04 PM
  #21
Darth Joker
Registered User
 
Darth Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Pretty simple actually. This freakin boring super trap hockey wouldn't cut it in Montreal. Players feel they need to give a show. Playing just a little out of Martin's system in the playoffs right now means almost automatically a lost.
I kind of agree, actually.

Many of the trapping New Jersey Devils teams were better on the road than they were at home.

When on the road, all you have to worry about is trying to win the game.

When at home, you also kind of want to entertain the fans, so if you're a team that plays a boring style of hockey in order to win games, the players can be tempted to play outside the system when at home, in order to entertain the fans.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:25 PM
  #22
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I swear...it's like some people think the Habs are the #1 seed in these playoffs.

Home ice or not...the Habs are the #8 seed in the East and they've played the #1 seed and defending Cup champion in back to back series. Two teams who happen to have some of the best players in the world on their respective rosters. Home ice or not, Habs aren't even supposed to be here...


I'm not saying we should take a 'just happy to be here' approach as fans, but sometimes it's good to put things into perspective.
I was about to post the same thing. Some of you just dont get it, we played the best team in the NHL and now we're playing the world champs minus our best player outside of Halak. This is nothing shorter than a miracle that we are still playing right now. It is normal that we get owned for a certain amount of time but with this team, its all about how they fight back when they are down.

One thing i noticed back from the Washington series, they never seemed to get too low after a loss. During interviews, guys like camalleri and Gionta were mostly happy that they fought hard and gave themselves a chance to win. They make me yell at my TV very often but at the end I have no other choice but to love and admire these guys. They are giving us a life lesson here about not giving up no matter what even when noboddy believes in you and when you are this close to the end. Just wow.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:31 PM
  #23
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,810
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
I was about to post the same thing. Some of you just dont get it, we played the best team in the NHL and now we're playing the world champs minus our best player outside of Halak. This is nothing shorter than a miracle that we are still playing right now. It is normal that we get owned for a certain amount of time but with this team, its all about how they fight back when they are down.

One thing i noticed back from the Washington series, they never seemed to get too low after a loss. During interviews, guys like camalleri and Gionta were mostly happy that they fought hard and gave themselves a chance to win. They make me yell at my TV very often but at the end I have no other choice but to love and admire these guys. They are giving us a life lesson here about not giving up no matter what even when noboddy believes in you and when you are this close to the end. Just wow.
It is impossible to not love this team!!

They just go go go, everytime you think they are done, they just keep fighting back!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.