HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

So, where will Sergei Kostitsyn go this summer?

Old
05-07-2010, 05:13 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Trade his rights to the Pens for a 7th round pick, which will be the last pick in the draft.

Shero sign him to a 1 year 2 way deal, and dangle a job on Malkins wing as motivation....One last chance to repair his rep....Win-win for both sides IMO, because with the leadership and experience on the Pens, his b.s wont fly, and if he still dsn`t get it, he`ll be shipped out faster then you can say KHL.....And on the upside, he is a very creative playmaker and could be great on Genos wing, if he keeps his head on straight....and Pitts will be looking for cheap wing options next year anyway.
There are so many things wrong with this sentence.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 05:21 PM
sparxx87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Ok, so the pick it yet to be determined, but it will be a late 7th......If Montreal thinks he has trade value then give your head a shake, your lucky to get a pick for him....Nothing to do with talent, but hes a primmadonna, and until he proves otherwise, nobody will give much of anything for him......Most teams would prefer to give some 18 year old kid a shot at developing from the 7th round, then take on a guy who seemingly dosen`t have what it takes to be an NHL player.

I think Sergei to Pittsburgh for a late pick would be a good opportunity for all 3 parties involved(Pens,Habs,Sergei)

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Hugo Sham

habs will qualify him and will trade him and it won't be for your 7th or some garbage. he still has a high ceiling if put in the right situation.
he will get dealt as part of a package or an equal young reclamation project or a 2nd or 3rd...habs got a 4th for chipchura

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 05:52 PM
kb

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Not at all. Your team will be on the golf course in 2 games.....unless you are a Pens fan.

kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 06:05 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
habs will qualify him and will trade him and it won't be for your 7th or some garbage. he still has a high ceiling if put in the right situation.
he will get dealt as part of a package or an equal young reclamation project or a 2nd or 3rd...habs got a 4th for chipchura
Sorry I doubt that will happen, he really hasn't proven anything with 1st/2nd line minutes.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 06:14 PM
GNick42

Team like the Oilers or Hawks be wise to take a flyer on him for a 3rd round pick

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 06:24 PM
GlenngarryGlencross
Get the chalk!

Quote:
According to the OP, Sergei isn't practicing with his team during a Cup run and the management/coaching staff is sick of him. I'd say that's a pretty strong indication that they'll shop him at the draft for a pick or not offer a tender and let him leave via free agency.

As for Pittsburgh, it would make a lot of sense to part with a lower pick to bring him in and keep his rights but I doubt Shero does it. He hasn't exactly been keen on bringing in guys with character issues and if Montreal doesn't tender Sergei he'll go to the KHL.

GlenngarryGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Hertl Power

I don't see Montreal tendering an offer to Sergei. A team may offer him a tryout contract or a minor league contract, but most likely he will wind up playing for the khl next year. I get tired of seeing his name pop up in every trade thread made by a habs fan trying to get rid of him when he has no trade value (or maybe even negative trade value)

Hertl Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 06:38 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
2nd or 3rd......don`t hold ur breath buddy..
No team will give anything decent for a primmadonna.

I completely agree he has a high ceiling, but until he proves he can carry himself like a pro, on and off the ice, he has no trade value.
The fact that MTL is giving the defending champs a run for their money and don`t want him anywhere near the team......that speaks volumes.

I`ll say it again, MTL would be lucky to get a late pick for his rights.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 06:45 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Columbus has a Russian kid, Filatov, who is difficult, but promising. Why not bundle them? You have to have a translator, anyway. Two projects aren't really a lot harder to deal with than one and you better your chances. Columbus has thier own issues and might move a player for him.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

KHL bound, Talent doesn't mean **** if you don't want to work to get better.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 06:59 PM
caley

Quote:
Yeah, but Chipchura seems to enjoy playing and works hard for whatever her gets. Sergei...not so much.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Yeah, but Chipchura seems to enjoy playing and works hard for whatever her gets. Sergei...not so much.
Thats how I see it. Chipchura fit right in on the Ducks and worked hard for them and does what his coach wants. Everything I read about Sergei or when I've watched the Habs screams unmotivated and lazy. just my opinion though.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Bieber fever

EDM might take a chance on him... ?

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:33 PM
kaiser matias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
So who was the better lesser brother? Fedor Fedorov or Sergei Kostitsyn? Maybe those two along with Valeri Bure can form a boy-band.
Them and Steve Kariya, Sean Pronger, Brent Gretzky.

The worst part is the Canucks had three of these guys at one point.

kaiser matias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyPwnsSoccer View Post
Sorry I doubt that will happen, he really hasn't proven anything with 1st/2nd line minutes.
where do people get their facts? by the 08 playoffs he was playing with higgins and koivu on habs first line and playing 1st line pp minutes with markov on D...
his attitude and sense of entitlement 'degraded' in the last year (like price, higgins etc) and his work ethic suffered. he IS a good player, he was Belarus's best player in the Olympics, and while you will laugh at that, it says a lot since most of their competition was the best in the NHL

Last edited by Hugo Sham: 05-07-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old
05-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
he also doesn't have 1/10th of Sergei's talent. and guys spare me the let him walk for free stuff. that's not good asset management

Old
05-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
2nd or 3rd......don`t hold ur breath buddy..
No team will give anything decent for a primmadonna.

I completely agree he has a high ceiling, but until he proves he can carry himself like a pro, on and off the ice, he has no trade value.
The fact that MTL is giving the defending champs a run for their money and don`t want him anywhere near the team......that speaks volumes.

I`ll say it again, MTL would be lucky to get a late pick for his rights.
um what did the habs get for grabovsky? should i remind you?
this kid is younger, bigger and potentially better.
habs also had problems with gabbo and seem to get some assets back for him

Old
05-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
EDM might take a chance on him... ?
now that makes a lot of sense. Edm is desperate for young guys with talent who can score--he played with gagne. there's a fit. whatever comes back, wouldn't dent the oil's rebuild

Old
05-07-2010, 10:50 PM
FanHabtic

He'll be a UFA. I can't see any team giving up assets to take on SK.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
RFA

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1474

Old
05-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I guess he's kind of in a similar situation to Grabovski, so i'm sure they can find a sucker (thanks Fletch, for nothing) somewhere to hand out a 2nd round pick for him.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Sens Mile

SK and a 6th for Ryan Shannon and a 7th

I am trying my best not to be a homer but I would love for Ottawa to take a chance on this kid. Everyone seems to forget he is 23 and he still has upside. In Ottawa the influences around are far less than Montreal so it will be hopefully more focus on hockey. Shannon serves as a good 13th foward who fortunately is cheap.

If you consider SK's value I would say it is fair value on both sides unless a Montreal fan wants no part of Shannon for a 6th and would rather SK leave for nothing.

Just something to consider

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
If you dont give him a QO he becomes a UFA

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
SK and a 6th for Ryan Shannon and a 7th

I am trying my best not to be a homer but I would love for Ottawa to take a chance on this kid. Everyone seems to forget he is 23 and he still has upside. In Ottawa the influences around are far less than Montreal so it will be hopefully more focus on hockey. Shannon serves as a good 13th foward who fortunately is cheap.

If you consider SK's value I would say it is fair value on both sides unless a Montreal fan wants no part of Shannon for a 6th and would rather SK leave for nothing.

Just something to consider
don't know much about shannon