HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Bolland said to Daniel in game 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2010, 03:37 PM
  #1
HavoK041
Registered User
 
HavoK041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
What Bolland said to Daniel in game 3

Broadcast on Team 1040 Canucks Lunch.

apparently it was actually Adam Burish who said it: "your brother is ugly".

HavoK041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 03:43 PM
  #2
VanEric
Registered User
 
VanEric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,344
vCash: 500
I think Daniel more objected to Bolland sticking his stinky glove in his face on the faceoff.

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 03:46 PM
  #3
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,810
vCash: 500
Thats ridiculous. I'm sure that's what set him off. Facepalms all over the place.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 03:57 PM
  #4
skipole
Professional Cynic
 
skipole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoK041 View Post
Broadcast on Team 1040 Canucks Lunch.

apparently it was actually Adam Burish who said it: "your brother is ugly".
That's actually pretty funny... but that kind of banter goes back and forth all game, I find it hard to believe Daniel was offended by it this time...

More likely frustration at missed scoring opportunities & the general scrums and facewashing...

skipole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:07 PM
  #5
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
I think Daniel more objected to Bolland sticking his stinky glove in his face on the faceoff.

actually it was more the slash to shins before the draw.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:11 PM
  #6
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Hawks players are going to new lows this series. A couple of times I could read what they were saying to Burrows, it was racist and I'm sure it was part of the reason he was frustrated and took that bogus penalty for shoving Campbell.

That's why that loser Bolland was so apologetic in the 2nd intermission in game 3 - he knew he went to new lows and wanted to make clear that it was only part of the game and he didn't mean it - the other Hawks probably gave him hell for apologizing like that.

I hope Canucks are taking names for next year's regular season tilts - teach those ****** a lesson.

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:24 PM
  #7
Bieksallent
Registered User
 
Bieksallent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Hawks players are going to new lows this series. A couple of times I could read what they were saying to Burrows, it was racist and I'm sure it was part of the reason he was frustrated and took that bogus penalty for shoving Campbell.

That's why that loser Bolland was so apologetic in the 2nd intermission in game 3 - he knew he went to new lows and wanted to make clear that it was only part of the game and he didn't mean it - the other Hawks probably gave him hell for apologizing like that.

I hope Canucks are taking names for next year's regular season tilts - teach those ****** a lesson.
Yeah, because Burrows and Kesler have never said something idiotic (ask Kelly). It's playoff hockey and players will say next to anything to get under the skin of the other team. All the chatter mixed with the physical play between and after whistles clearly got the Canucks. As I watched Daniel Sedin lose his temper, I knew the Blackhawks had won. We can't win like that. That's not to say that we have to be gentlemen but we can't lose focus and get drawn into all the extracurricular stuff because Chicago's much better at playing that game.

Bieksallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:28 PM
  #8
MKennedy
Registered User
 
MKennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
If racist comments are being thrown out, I'm sure there are few choice words that can be said to byfugulien

I think over the line comments are common place in hockey. I mean I've played hockey, I've heard from brutal things said before but at the end of the day it stays on the ice. Canucks need to fuel off that energy but not let it get under their skin.

MKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:35 PM
  #9
NugentHopkinsfan
Registered User
 
NugentHopkinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 500
I'm always amazed when people are surprised to hear about trash talk.

Whatever it takes to get guys off the game is fine with me. That includes racism. If there's no ref around and a player isn't doing everything he can to get in that guys head then he isn't trying hard enough.

imo anything is fair game on the ice except for children. Wives, girlfriends, stds, parents, race, sexuality, salary, whatever is all fair game.

If you get caught you have to deal with it but you HAVE to try. The goal is to win who cares about being classy.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:36 PM
  #10
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Ricky View Post
Yeah, because Burrows and Kesler have never said something idiotic (ask Kelly). It's playoff hockey and players will say next to anything to get under the skin of the other team. All the chatter mixed with the physical play between and after whistles clearly got the Canucks. As I watched Daniel Sedin lose his temper, I knew the Blackhawks had won. We can't win like that. That's not to say that we have to be gentlemen but we can't lose focus and get drawn into all the extracurricular stuff because Chicago's much better at playing that game.
Can you read? I said they're going to new lows. Chances are they did if Daniel got ***** off.

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
  #11
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKennedy View Post
If racist comments are being thrown out, I'm sure there are few choice words that can be said to byfugulien
Lets not even go there, but out of curiostity, does anyone know Byfuglien's heritage? Is he East Indian? Samoan? Native American? I can't really tell...

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:48 PM
  #12
Bieksallent
Registered User
 
Bieksallent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Can you read? I said they're going to new lows. Chances are they did if Daniel got ***** off.
New lows? Seriously? Because you think they said something ethnically prejudice against Burrows. Hmm, I've never heard of racism in hockey before. Oh, wait.

Bieksallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:53 PM
  #13
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Ricky View Post
New lows? Seriously? Because you think they said something ethnically prejudice against Burrows. Hmm, I've never heard of racism in hockey before. Oh, wait.
Point taken about my example but you can see that both Burrows and Daniel were flustered.

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:54 PM
  #14
MKennedy
Registered User
 
MKennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Lets not even go there, but out of curiostity, does anyone know Byfuglien's heritage? Is he East Indian? Samoan? Native American? I can't really tell...
I thought I heard that he was Samoan but I really have no idea.

MKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:55 PM
  #15
ahmon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,248
vCash: 500
suck it up, trash talk back, but once the puck drops, focus.

ahmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:59 PM
  #16
Bieksallent
Registered User
 
Bieksallent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Point taken about my example but you can see that both Burrows and Daniel were flustered.
They need to grow thicker skin. I think Daniel was more pissed off about the physical play (Bolland had slashed him during the faceoff before the scrum ensued) than the chirping, though. Burrows hasn't been right all playoffs, so to accredit that to the Blackhawks mouths isn't quite right. It probably isn't helping in all honesty.

Bieksallent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 05:22 PM
  #17
vt89*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
any and all trash talk is fair game until you get to real personal and sensitive issues, such as Pyatt's girlfriend last year.

vt89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 05:37 PM
  #18
Kid Canuck*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 500

Kid Canuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 08:44 PM
  #19
skipole
Professional Cynic
 
skipole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt89 View Post
any and all trash talk is fair game until you get to real personal and sensitive issues, such as Pyatt's girlfriend last year.
Agreed. Very few times has there been any uproar about trash talk, and I've heard some pretty brutal stuff. As far as I know many ethnic/linguistic slurs are acceptable in the unwritten code (ie. "frog" for French-Canadian, "Euro," etc). Not sure if calling a black player the "N-word" would go over too well, but I don't really know.

I remember Tucker getting upset when someone mentioned Blake's cancer (Avery?). Very few other things would be considered "off limits" as you said... ie Pyatt's fiance, family health issues, player's children, or other extremely sensitive issues.

If a player can't handle a bit of trash talk, he shouldn't (and probably wouldn't) be in the NHL. Besides, the Canucks have enjoyed the ridiculous and often very low comments of Burr and Kes for years... I'm totally fine if another team sends it back the other way.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if Daniel's frustration was related to a verbal comment. The Sedins are very thick-skinned as far as I can tell. They probably know they won't be on the cover of GQ anytime soon anyway.

skipole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 08:51 PM
  #20
GuineaPigs
Registered User
 
GuineaPigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam
Country: Canada
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
Wow, that's creative. I've heard much better. Daniel was probably more upset about something else.

GuineaPigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 08:53 PM
  #21
Hal 9000*
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Hawks players are going to new lows this series. A couple of times I could read what they were saying to Burrows, it was racist and I'm sure it was part of the reason he was frustrated and took that bogus penalty for shoving Campbell.

That's why that loser Bolland was so apologetic in the 2nd intermission in game 3 - he knew he went to new lows and wanted to make clear that it was only part of the game and he didn't mean it - the other Hawks probably gave him hell for apologizing like that.

I hope Canucks are taking names for next year's regular season tilts - teach those ****** a lesson.
Aren't Burrows and Bolland of the same race? Or was Byfuglien racist toward Burrows?

Hal 9000* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 09:16 PM
  #22
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,128
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Lets not even go there, but out of curiostity, does anyone know Byfuglien's heritage? Is he East Indian? Samoan? Native American? I can't really tell...
Father - Black
Mother - White

Buff = Biracial

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 09:24 PM
  #23
xOvechkin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:, ........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
..........**.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

xOvechkin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 10:30 PM
  #24
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post
Aren't Burrows and Bolland of the same race? Or was Byfuglien racist toward Burrows?
You're too smart for me, I'm out of your league.

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 08:55 PM
  #25
QuickDynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 4,815
vCash: 500
Burrish shouldn't be calling anyone ugly

QuickDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.