HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Markov on the flight to Pittsburgh

Old
05-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I will bet it's all a ploy, he will be uniform tonight. Nobody confirmed his injury. If he really was injured severly the Habs would have stated this to their fans.
Getting my tinfoil hat brb.

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 02:25 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
You're wrong.

Many athletes have played with partial tears. It's not uncommon at all.

That being said, nobody knows if Markov has a tear, a partial tear or a complete tear.

If it is a complete tear it would be better for the short term for the habs. That means it cannot get any worse. He could play. If he can manage the pain and of course he ould have to wear a hardcore brace but he could play...

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 03:20 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
When I saw this article I almost pissed my pants out of joy! I hope they don't rush him back if he is not ready but man even a Markov at 85% is better than most.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezia View Post
If this is true he is a warrior. He will completely destroy the soft Russian stereotype by playing with a torn ACL.

Oh and if true:

If he is a game time decision, he doesn't have a torn ACL. It's the first I hear that he has a torn ACL, thought he sprained his ankle?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Markov4Captain

I`ve been surfing the boards for the past hour and I`ve been reading alot of posts about Markov making an eventual return to the lineup by next game? He is apparently just waiting on a special brace from the Montreal Medial Team....does anyone have a link?

And, if true, the guys a warrior. Playing with a torn ACL is nothing short of remarkable.

Markov4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov4Captain View Post
I`ve been surfing the boards for the past hour and I`ve been reading alot of posts about Markov making an eventual return to the lineup by next game? He is apparently just waiting on a special brace from the Montreal Medial Team....does anyone have a link?

And, if true, the guys a warrior. Playing with a torn ACL is nothing short of remarkable.
I haven't seen a link yet, but it was discussed on CBC tonight during the game.

05-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Considering the team has denied to say anything about it, it's still just speculation.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

At this point, I'm just hoping for one of Spacek/Markov/Gill to showing up on monday... this is some tough bad luck we have been having on D this playoff..

My guess is tomorrow morning Shawn Belle gets a call from Pierre Gauthier telling him to get to Montréal as soon as possible.

By the way, I really liked that (500) Days of Summer movie!

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

Maybe he's waiting for special skates. Someone got a photo of him testing out a sledge hockey sledge (not sure what you call it).

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 11:25 PM
RBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
At this point, I'm just hoping for one of Spacek/Markov/Gill to showing up on monday... this is some tough bad luck we have been having on D this playoff..

My guess is tomorrow morning Shawn Belle gets a call from Pierre Gauthier telling him to get to Montréal as soon as possible.

Summer was a *****. Pretty much the whole movie. I love Zooey Deschanel but that was an annoying movie.

RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SJSharkie1 View Post
Summer was a *****. Pretty much the whole movie. I love Zooey Deschanel but that was an annoying movie.
Yes but the male character, I thought, was really cool. But yeah, the ending was depressing and the movie as a whole too. And yes, Summer was such a *****.

I just like hipsters movie.

Old
05-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Go Habs Go

I don't know the seriousness of his injury but if he's injured to the point that there's a risk of ending his career or seriously harming his career then I hope he doesn't come back. Ugh, reminds me of those football movies where the star player plays hurt then gets destroyed on the field. I just don't want to see that.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post

Spacek and Gill are in. Markov is a GTD.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I have yet to see a confirmation for Hal Gill status. RDS seems to think he's out for monday.

But Gill and Spacek in, I'd be a happy camper. With them in, we have a chance to win game 6 and force a seventh game. And there, maybe Markov will be better, who knows?

Spacek - O'Byrne
Gill - Gorges
Hamrlik - Subban

And I wouldnt even play MAB next game. He havent been good on the PP, and he plain SUCKED every other occasions. Darche is more useful than MAB at the moment. We can manage to live with Spacek, Hamrlik, Subban on the PP I think

Old
05-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
from RDS:

Quote:
Tout indique également que le Tricolore devrait être privé du géant Hal Gill, victime d'une lacération à l'arrière de la jambe gauche dans la défaite de 2-1 des siens, samedi. Gill devait rentrer à Montréal, dimanche, après être demeuré à Pittsburgh en compagnie du médecin de l'équipe, David Mulder, samedi soir, afin de subir des traitements.
Gill is most likely out.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote