HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Théodore vs. Garon

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2004, 04:56 PM
SuperUnknown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
You also think Garon is sexier ?
He looks more like the man who'd be on the bottom. :lol

Last edited by SuperUnknown: 05-12-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Old
05-12-2004, 06:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
He's also the one who have the most 2goal and less game.

Theo isn't consistant (that will come with age) but he's a damn good goalie

Theodore also had the most 5 hole goals scored against him then any other goalie this year. (or up untill late in the season when I heard this stat)

I personally do not consider Theodore top 3, or top 5. He's a good goalie, who's certainly overpaid. His playoff performances over the last 2 trips have been unsettleling to say the least. He's had some good bad and downright ugly games. I would put Theodore at around top 10 or so give or take overall (not on a good night or bad night)

I do have a hard time understanding why some fans here love to bash him and others stick up for him to no end, and the mere thought of quesitoning Theodore makes for a bad fan.

Old
05-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Theodore also had the most 5 hole goals scored against him then any other goalie this year. (or up untill late in the season when I heard this stat)

I personally do not consider Theodore top 3, or top 5. He's a good goalie, who's certainly overpaid. His playoff performances over the last 2 trips have been unsettleling to say the least. He's had some good bad and downright ugly games. I would put Theodore at around top 10 or so give or take overall (not on a good night or bad night)

I do have a hard time understanding why some fans here love to bash him and others stick up for him to no end, and the mere thought of quesitoning Theodore makes for a bad fan.

Give this man a beer

Old
05-12-2004, 08:34 PM
perezhoginthebest

Do you know wath I want to do? I want to do like the Wild. Let play the half of the season for Theodore and the rest for Garon!!!

Old
05-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I agree montreal.

Its completely wrong too say that Theo sucks, because clearly he doesnt. However its also wrong too say Theo is the future, period. Garon could very well rise to his potential and become a star.

Old
05-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhoginthebest
Do you know wath I want to do? I want to do like the Wild. Let play the half of the season for Theodore and the rest for Garon!!!
I say split the time randomly. We cant play one the first half and the other the second half. A goalie cant play 41 games straight with no rest.

Old
05-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
You also think Garon is sexier ?
Garon is not sexier than Theodore!

I completely agree with The Franchise's post. Good stuff!

Old
05-12-2004, 09:34 PM
EaGLE1

Garon look like a Père Franciscain. I'm really not sure that he is the no.1 we wait for. I'm still puting my money on Theodore.

Old
05-13-2004, 02:52 AM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
Me too.

Old
05-13-2004, 03:32 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
Another thing, habe you ever find out that Theodore and the team are always two different things. Well the team was like this BUT THEODORE BLA BLA BLA. There's no team concept with Theo. Theodore always never takes the blame.

Well, dude, I dunno what to say........ If you're defending Theodore, you must not watch the habs.
Congratulations! You win the most rediculous statement on HF award. No team concept? I've never heard him put the blame on Souray, Brisebois, or Quintal; those guys deserve as much blame for Theo's stats as anyone. The guy has stopped over 91% of all shots faced since coming in the NHL. How would you rank our defense over the last 3 years? Would you take Quintal, Rivet, Brisebois and Souray over ANY starting 4 in the NHL? If so, you must not watch the Habs. If not, you realize that Theo has had his work cut out for him, and has shown this year that he can rebound from a disappointing year (again, don't be fooled by the 2.9GAA... it comes with a 91 save %) to play well enough to cover for our defensive softness. Oh, he was able to win the starting job at age 23, has already won a Hart trophy, was an all-star this year, and is only 27. Yup. Time to put him out to pasture.

(edit: note I haven't even mentioned how bad our forwards have played in the defensive zone over the past couple of years. I'm saving that one for a rainy day)

Last edited by s7ark: 05-13-2004 at 03:50 AM.
Closed Thread