HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver Canucks' victory in Chicago VERSUS(HD), CBC(HD), RDS(HD) RADIO: TEAM 1040

Old
05-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Alright, so screw it. Luongo shaved the beard, I'm rocking the Luongold avatar again. C'mon, Lu, you've been in the pressure cooker before and we know you have it in you.

Big team effort tonight, guys. Big TEAM effort. Goaltender, defense, forwards....all of you need the game of your life.

GO CANUCKS GO! Again, I feel Canucks 3-2 in OT. Hope for the best!

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 02:33 PM
vancityluongo

So...

Flashback to the Olympics. Team Canada has a convincing first game, where we kill Norway. People are excited. This isn't '06! We're gonna go UNDEFEATEDDDDDDDDD...then Switzerland happens. Uh oh. Things aren't looking good, not a convincing win at all, but that's okay, we'll bounce back for the US, **** happens, that's only one game. USA time. We lose. Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. Can't lose anymore games. Luongo. Must. Be. Clutch... Needs. To. Win. Three. In. A. Row. 2006 all over again...**** Babcock...

Now this series. Game 1, convincing victory. Get the brooms out, bring on San Jose!! **** Chelsea Dagger, **** last year, this is our year!! Game 2, disappointing loss. That's okay, we earned the split, we'll bounce back... Games 3 and 4...7(sieve)uongo returns. Byfuglien is ****** us. We're doomed. Shiiiiiiiiitt...same **** as last year...**** AV...

Just sayin'.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 02:38 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

My playoff avatar is gone and back to my original Chrono Trigger default. Time to make amends Canucks, this whole city will be waiting and watching..

EpochLink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 02:38 PM
topheavyhookjaw

Not sure I'll be watchin tonight between work and dinner with Mom, but I'll try. The way I see it if, if I miss the last game of the season at this point it won't have been a good one, and if they win they'll be another game to watch.

Expecting a better game from Kes and from Edler. Sedins need to stay focused. Luongo needs to be better, and the defensemen need to take some pride in defending their own net and box guys out.

topheavyhookjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Eukaryote

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
It's already exploded.
You're relatively new around here. What's happened so far is nothing really; it's been something akin to a firecracker or a pop gun relative to the past or to what could happen if we see another meltdown.

Eukaryote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 02:45 PM
lefty2time*

What can I say...this could be the Canucks last game of the season....they will come out stronger than we have seen them all year. Its do or die..this is where hero's are born.

They will win

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 02:51 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
So...

Flashback to the Olympics. Team Canada has a convincing first game, where we kill Norway. People are excited. This isn't '06! We're gonna go UNDEFEATEDDDDDDDDD...then Switzerland happens. Uh oh. Things aren't looking good, not a convincing win at all, but that's okay, we'll bounce back for the US, **** happens, that's only one game. USA time. We lose. Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. Can't lose anymore games. Luongo. Must. Be. Clutch... Needs. To. Win. Three. In. A. Row. 2006 all over again...**** Babcock...

Now this series. Game 1, convincing victory. Get the brooms out, bring on San Jose!! **** Chelsea Dagger, **** last year, this is our year!! Game 2, disappointing loss. That's okay, we earned the split, we'll bounce back... Games 3 and 4...7(sieve)uongo returns. Byfuglien is ****** us. We're doomed. Shiiiiiiiiitt...same **** as last year...**** AV...

Just sayin'.
If half of Team Canada wasn't on the hawks I'd be all over this.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 03:23 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
The Habs could so can we.

Actually that was like the best slogan I could come up with for this game, I just "hope" in it rather than "believe" in it.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Zombotron
WD-57

If the 'Nucks pull off the win and slumping players step up, I'd like to see the reactions of those who were calling for them to be traded.

With the amount of friggin' knee-jerk "TRADE LUONGO/BURROWS/EVERYONE" reactions around here after Game 4, I'd swear that this was CDC.

Zombotron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotron View Post
With the amount of friggin' knee-jerk "TRADE LUONGO/BURROWS/EVERYONE" reactions around here after Game 4, I'd swear that this was CDC.
With the amount of denial and inability to see WCE II around here after Game 4, I'd swear that this was CDC.

Old
05-09-2010, 03:42 PM
topheavyhookjaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
With the amount of denial and inability to see WCE II around here after Game 4, I'd swear that this was CDC.

I disagree about WCE II, but I agree some people are not seeing the deficiencies that have plagued this team for much of the year, and especially the playoffs.

topheavyhookjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 03:51 PM
CINCOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post

Ok so what would you do to make the team better? Going into the off season? I am curious.

Trade luongo and the Sedins? Count on Hodgson and Schroeder and Schneider to make up for the lost production?

I think this team is a few pieces away from greatness. That is a solid bottom 6 checker and a couple of shutdown d-men. I am also certain that there will be a coaching change in the offseason should the Canucks fail to advance.

WCE days had lots of holes.

Lack of #1 center, Porous Defence, Lack of secondary scoring, and no goaltending.

If you can't see this team is far better equipped than you've got reverse homer glasses on.

CINCOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 03:59 PM
SonicY
Ad hominem

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
So...

Just sayin'.
Flashback to the Olympics!

Team Canada's top 4 defensemen?

Niedermayer/Doughty
Weber/Pronger

Fast forward to the Playoffs!

Canucks top 4 defensemen?

Salo/Edler
Ehrhoff/O'Brien

Uhh....

SonicY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Shankill Butcher

LOL @ poll question on Team1040 right now. 49% of people don't think Luongo is going to stop the first shot of the game.

Shankill Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 04:04 PM
vanboy99

I'll by happy if Burrows or Bieksa crosschecks Byfuglien in the neck / back of the head area again.

Last edited by Mr. Canucklehead: 05-09-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Circumvention of filter.
vanboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I think getting on the road is the best thing right now. The Canucks, IMO, bought into the emotion that the Vancouver faithful brought and let their hearts lead them as opposed to their heads. The result was bad penalties. Getting on the road into hostile territory, maybe that will let them focus on their game a bit better and let the Hawks try and get the emotional response.

That's my hope, anyway.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana phone View Post
I respect AV as a coach, but I really don't understand how he and the assistants don't see the same liability in Johnson on the PK as most fans do.
I've always been supportive of AV and thought for the most part he was a very good coach but if the Canucks lose tonight with Ryan Johnson getting ventilated again on the PK I'd have no problem seeing Alain Vigneault relieved of his duties. You can often explain away a poor PP on a lack of skill but the PK IMO can be attributed to coaching almost as much as player personnel. They've been an abject failure from day 1 and just couldn't make adjustments to solidify this area of their game. Not to mention the coaching staff has watched game film all season long of the goals against on the PK and for whatever reason can't see what a gaping hole Ryan Johnson is out on the ice. If Daniel and Henrik Sedin are not used to kill penalties tonight ahead of Ryan Johnson and the PK gets exploited Alain Vigneault and his staff should be looking for work elsewhere next season.

If Roberto Luongo gives up a soft goal early in the game he has no business seeing another shot. Luongo has proven time and time again he's rattled when things don't go well early and Andrew Raycroft has proved capable in his absence. Luongo should be on a short leash tonight.

Like the looks of the lines and think if the team stays out of the box we're going to game 6. The Hawks just don't look like a very good team 5 on 5 right now. They're still beatable IMO.

Drop the Sopel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 04:39 PM
CrackerJibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanboy99 View Post
I'll by happy if Burrows or Bieksa crosschecks Byfuglien in the neck / back of the head area again.
Speaking of CDC...

CrackerJibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 04:44 PM
someguy44

I must admit, I was quite upset with Mitchell last year when he made that one bone head play and cost the Nucks the series. But for the most part, he did play well up until that point. His one bone head play last year doesn't even compared to Bieksa's many bone head plays this year against the same Hawks. I wanted Bieksa traded 2 years ago when he was still highly thought of throughout the league. It seemed like no one at the time could see how bad of a d-man Bieksa was, but finding out now is a little too late. I doubt he's got much trade value. I would love to get rid of him in the offseason, but I doubt any team would take on an AHL d-man with that salary. Seriously, Rome should be playing in his place. KB is making Alberts look bad!

someguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 04:47 PM
YogiCanucks

THE FUNNY PART IS...

if we win the game tonight (and that's a HUGE if no doubt) the series will be 3-2 and things will be looking REALLY good for the Canucks and lots of fans will be once again.. excited about this team.

Old
05-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

How many times have the Canucks been to the conference finals in their 40 year history?

If the Hawks win tonight they'll advance to the conference finals for the 2nd time in 2 years?

Why is it only the Canucks that need to 'lose before they learn how to win'? Why doesn't this pertain to the Hawks as well?

Drop the Sopel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 04:50 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
How many times have the Canucks been to the conference finals in their 40 year history?

If the Hawks win tonight they'll advance to the conference finals for the 2nd time in 2 years?

Why is it only the Canucks that need to 'lose before they learn how to win'? Why doesn't this pertain to the Hawks as well?
Canucks have NEVER lost in the WCF... stats

Old
05-09-2010, 04:51 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Vancouver has been to the conference finals twice. We beat Chicago in 82 and Toronto in 94.

...and never lost.

EpochLink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 04:52 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
THE FUNNY PART IS...

if we win the game tonight (and that's a HUGE if no doubt) the series will be 3-2 and things will be looking REALLY good for the Canucks and lots of fans will be once again.. excited about this team.
I agree, 3-2 is much more exciting than 4-1

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 04:57 PM
fools russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy44 View Post
I must admit, I was quite upset with Mitchell last year when he made that one bone head play and cost the Nucks the series. But for the most part, he did play well up until that point. His one bone head play last year doesn't even compared to Bieksa's many bone head plays this year against the same Hawks. I wanted Bieksa traded 2 years ago when he was still highly thought of throughout the league. It seemed like no one at the time could see how bad of a d-man Bieksa was, but finding out now is a little too late. I doubt he's got much trade value. I would love to get rid of him in the offseason, but I doubt any team would take on an AHL d-man with that salary. Seriously, Rome should be playing in his place. KB is making Alberts look bad!
Mitchell made that "bone-headed" play in a game that shouldn't have been played the way it was. the Canucks decided to play an overly defensive game, protecting a one-goal lead, and it failed almost in the exact same way that it had earlier in the season in San Jose during the 10 game skid. for this reason I don't blame Mitchell in the slightest for the series, maybe for the game, but not the series.

fools russian is offline   Reply With Quote