HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

The improbable comeback scenario.

Old
05-10-2010, 12:23 AM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zepp View Post
From losing a hockey game? Wow, you people in Vancouver need to get lives if losing a hockey game can do that to you.

John Swartzwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:25 AM
droid56

vCash: 500
Of the three steps of the improbable comeback scenario, the first one was by far the hardest. When you get beaten three times in a row, and the last two of three losses are ugly, and you're playing in the Chicago rink with their extremely loud fans, it's no small accomplishment to meet the challenge in the way the Canucks did today.

Winning in Vancouver with the support of our fans would not be considered a big surprise.

Winning in Chicago in the seventh game would be a bigger challenge, but we all know anything can happen in a seventh game.

Today's game was the biggest challenge of three tough challenges.

droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 02:44 AM
Kip96

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
Of the three steps of the improbable comeback scenario, the first one was by far the hardest. When you get beaten three times in a row, and the last two of three losses are ugly, and you're playing in the Chicago rink with their extremely loud fans, it's no small accomplishment to meet the challenge in the way the Canucks did today.

Winning in Vancouver with the support of our fans would not be considered a big surprise.

Winning in Chicago in the seventh game would be a bigger challenge, but we all know anything can happen in a seventh game.

Winning at home will be the hardest for sure. The amount of pressure is difficult to overcome, Canucks are a mediocre road team and played 3 solid road games. Home teams are 1-4 in this series

Kip96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Agent007

Winning any of these next two games is going to be real hard. Chicago is a real good team and you know they're going to play real hard on Tuesday but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to whoever gets a lucky break or two.

One thing is for sure. Chicago does not want to go back to Chicago to play game 7. Not only would they have to travel back to Chicago (another 4 hour flight) but they would also then have to play in San Jose either 2 or 3 days later and it's really difficult to put yourself in a good situation to get a good start against the Sharks if you're having to play game 7 and get pretty much no rest.

If I'm Chicago then game 6 is pretty much like game 7 and this is a team that has had no problem closing out a series on the road. They beat the Flames in 2009 in Calgary and they beat the Predators in round 1 in Nashville.

I expect the Hawks to play a real good game on Tuesday and who knows what'll happen.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 03:44 AM
Daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post

First of all Chicago fans are not loud. You could hear a pin drop at the UC last night. Secondly, winning game five isn't the biggest challenge at all. The biggest challenge is winning three straight games. A lot of teams lose their first chance to clinch the series. Most then realise they have to play with more urgency to advance and win the second one. The rest win game seven and only very few manage to collapse so bad they lose that one too.

Daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Johnny LaRue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
Winning any of these next two games is going to be real hard. Chicago is a real good team and you know they're going to play real hard on Tuesday but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to whoever gets a lucky break or two.

One thing is for sure. Chicago does not want to go back to Chicago to play game 7. Not only would they have to travel back to Chicago (another 4 hour flight) but they would also then have to play in San Jose either 2 or 3 days later and it's really difficult to put yourself in a good situation to get a good start against the Sharks if you're having to play game 7 and get pretty much no rest.

If I'm Chicago then game 6 is pretty much like game 7 and this is a team that has had no problem closing out a series on the road. They beat the Flames in 2009 in Calgary and they beat the Predators in round 1 in Nashville.

I expect the Hawks to play a real good game on Tuesday and who knows what'll happen.
That analysis seems pretty tenable to me. I think the next game will be the hardest to win if the Canucks want to come back to win it.

Johnny LaRue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 04:25 AM
HaveAnotherDoughnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
AV is that you?

HaveAnotherDoughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 04:47 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
The Hawks looked a bit deflated. It must be discouraging when Luongo is playing well. I thought the Canucks looked a lot better and well coached and stuff.
Vignault gets last change on home ice and the Canucks do not want to lose at home. That will be enough on Tuesday. Thursday depends on how shaken the Hawks are by then. Also, can the Canucks do it with three reliable defencemen?

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 04:59 AM
Falconator

Que the comeback...it's getting interesting?

Falconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveAnotherDoughnut View Post
AV is that you?
No but they do call me Bond....James Bond

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 08:42 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 507
This exact same Topic is on CDC.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 09:08 PM
droid56

Actually, the thread over CDC is titled The Improbable Comeback Scenario, which is precisely the same name I gave this thread. I started this thread before the CDC dude.

Which makes him a plagiarizer, most likely.

droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote