HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is it time to end the Andrei Kostitsyn experiment this summer?

Old
05-09-2010, 11:50 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
My point exactly. If it's an excuse for him, why isn't it an excuse for Kostitsyn, who was producing more than not just Cammalleri, but anyone else in the NHL (you know... Crosby, Ovechkin) before he got injured?
Because Cammalleri is a health freak, who doesn't drink any booze, who takes careof his health on summertime, and because Andrei comes in out of shape each and every time he's hurt.

That being said, if Cammy hadn't been always trying to pass to Andrei just to see him fan on each and every shots, maybe he could've had a couple of goals he didn't get.

Ironically, on this case, Andrei was a big reason of why Pleks and Cammy were not as efficient as before offensively. He was always breaking plays and coughing the puck on both bluelines. Never was at the right place... This guy has NOTHING besides his skills. He's like Kovalev, He works the wrong way, just because he's freaking bad at using his linemates.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 11:53 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Because Cammalleri is a health freak, who doesn't drink any booze, who takes careof his health on summertime, and because Andrei comes in out of shape each and every time he's hurt.

That being said, if Cammy hadn't been always trying to pass to Andrei just to see him fan on each and every shots, maybe he could've had a couple of goals he didn't get.

Ironically, on this case, Andrei was a big reason of why Pleks and Cammy were not as efficient as before offensively. He was always breaking plays and coughing the puck on both bluelines. Never was at the right place... This guy has NOTHING besides his skills. He's like Kovalev, He works the wrong way, just because he's freaking bad at using his linemates.
He must've been doing something right before he got injured...

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Slick Nick

Pouliot has 1 goal in his last 26 games...

I don't see no 7 pages hate threads...

.. I mean, Pyatt has 2 and Sergei has 5.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 12:04 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
He must've been doing something right before he got injured...
Yup. I just don't want to see him doing "something right" for 15 straight games, just to see him go MIA for the 67 others, when we could have a guy who gives a restless effort for 82 straight game.

The new team is pretty simple to figure out: Our identity = Our work ethic. This is never, ever in the bag when you're playing the Montreal Canadiens. This recipe is much better than the ones of the last few seasons. I just can't see both of the brothers actually trying like Cammalleri, Gionta, Gomez, etc... They're just not this type of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Pouliot has 1 goal in his last 26 games...

I don't see no 7 pages hate threads...

.. I mean, Pyatt has 2 and Sergei has 5.
Pouliot actually dos something right, even when he's not scoring. He's actually helping this team on the forecheck and to cut the passing lanes. He's also not turning the puck over around the blueline twice a period.

I hate to use this argument, but he's also only playing his first full NHL season, and he's being paid about 2,4M less than Andrei.

Old
05-10-2010, 12:11 AM
snakeye

Quote:
Yup. I just don't want to see him doing "something right" for 15 straight games, just to see him go MIA for the 67 others, when we could have a guy who gives a restless effort for 82 straight game.

The new team is pretty simple to figure out: Our identity = Our work ethic. This is never, ever in the bag when you're playing the Montreal Canadiens. This recipe is much better than the ones of the last few seasons. I just can't see both of the brothers actually trying like Cammalleri, Gionta, Gomez, etc... They're just not this type of players.
I agree with what you're saying, and it's the reason that I'm not a huge fan of his, but I'd still give him one more chance to play a full season with Montreal. Even if he doesn't have the work ethic of Gionta or Cammalleri, he can still be useful to the team. 25 goals and 50 points for a 2nd line winger wouldn't be that bad, and I think he's capable of that.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:

Actually, if we had a red hot Halak 2 years ago we would have probably won the cup. Remember the year we were second in scoring in all of the NHL, finished first in the east, dominated the Flyers but Price let in shots from 65 feet...

The worst thing with this team is that Halak has made it look good. This team is not good. The players that were added do not make us more contenders than the years before, the difference was Halak and other goalies being pretty terrible against us. We create about 4 scoring chances a game and end up winning it. That's as far away as I can imagine of a contender team.

Old
05-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Le depisteur

Most Productive Lines of the 2010 NHL Playoffs: 1. Tomas Plekanec – Mike Cammalleri – Andrei Kostitsyn

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...bber&Itemid=96

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Pouliot actually dos something right, even when he's not scoring. He's actually helping this team on the forecheck and to cut the passing lanes. He's also not turning the puck over around the blueline twice a period.

I hate to use this argument, but he's also only playing his first full NHL season, and he's being paid about 2,4M less than Andrei.
Pouliot is a turnover machine.. get your facts straight, kiddo. He may have a lot of registered hits but none of them hurt, ask Letang about AK's hits. You may question AK, but a winger is just as good as his C, and Plekanec has been a non-factor since game 3 against the Craps.

The reason why Pouliot is being paid peanuts is because he has the same amount of NHL goals than Kostitsyn... Sergei.

Old
05-10-2010, 12:42 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Actually, if we had a red hot Halak 2 years ago we would have probably won the cup. Remember the year we were second in scoring in all of the NHL, finished first in the east, dominated the Flyers but Price let in shots from 65 feet...

The worst thing with this team is that Halak has made it look good. This team is not good. The players that were added do not make us more contenders than the years before, the difference was Halak and other goalies being pretty terrible against us. We create about 4 scoring chances a game and end up winning it. That's as far away as I can imagine of a contender team.
LOL. "We would have probably won the cup"... Are you crazy?! Price was by far the biggest factor of why we lost, but no way in hell we were getting past the Hossa - Crosby duo after this.

And I can't believe some people still are hating this team enough to actually say "THIS WAS JUST A FLUKE!!! HALAK IS THE ONLY REASON..."...

****ing ****! We just beat the first team in the NHL, and were one goal away from leading the series against the defending Cup Champions. How is that a fluke.

Halak had great games in the 2nd round; games you have to expect from a #1 goalie. But the team played great in front of him...

Crosby and Ovechkin managed to combine for a huge total of 5 assists in the last 8 games played by the Canadiens. I guess it's all on Halak, as well?

Quote:
Pouliot is a turnover machine.. get your facts straight, kiddo. He may have a lot of registered hits but none of them hurt, ask Letang about AK's hits. You may question AK, but a winger is just as good as his C, and Plekanec has been a non-factor since game 3 against the Craps.

The reason why Pouliot is being paid peanuts is because he has the same amount of NHL goals than Kostitsyn... Sergei.
Are you actually putting Andrei's non-successes on Plekanec and Cammalleri?! Plekanec just CAN'T forecheck like there's no tomorrow. How tough is it for you to understand that if Crosby has 3 assists in 5 games so far in this series, maybe it's because Plekanec is doing a great job at checking him... I've never, ever seen Crosby be that much of a non-factor in his career so far.

I guess it's all on Halak as well.

Andrei is bringing this whole line down. I know you and your friends "over broads" just wanted to see the ex-team getting a billionth chance, but fortunately, you're nowhere near the management of this team.

This team has heart, most of its players are willing to eat shots right in the face to prevent Halak from getting a shot. Both brothers don't fit anymore. Used to be a huge fan, right now, they're just a disgrace to the organisation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
For the last four months I have read over and over that Pouliot is much better than Lats as far as hits are concerned.
Better hits, more efficient, harder.

Are you saying Pouliot hits are soft? Softer than lats
Yup... Latendresse was suuuuch a playoffs beast afterall .

Old
05-10-2010, 06:20 AM
couris

Quote:
Yup... Latendresse was suuuuch a playoffs beast afterall .
27 gols son

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 06:56 AM
LesCanadiens

This might surprise some of you...but I'd give AK ONE more shot. I'd certainly send SK as far away from Montreal as possible, though.

Maybe without that little punk distracting him (a guess here), AK might get back into form. He has so much promise and potential - and it seems he has a better attitude than his little brat brother.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 07:08 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
27 gols son
I don't give a flying crap about his 2 gols 1 assist performances in 6-3 losses.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

But you just know he is going to score 50 with another team......

I have also had it with him and think it's best if the Habs get rid of both brothers this off season

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 07:24 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
But you just know he is going to score 50 with another team......

I have also had it with him and think it's best if the Habs get rid of both brothers this off season
If he has that much explosive potential, why the hell would you not rather be patient and exhaust all options to the bone in trying to get him going?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
If he has that much explosive potential, why the hell would you not rather be patient and exhaust all options to the bone in trying to get him going?
How longer should we be patient with him?Players drafted that year well let's not go there

oh and the 50 goals was sarcasm

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 07:42 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
How longer should we be patient with him?Players drafted that year well let's not go there

oh and the 50 goals was sarcasm
Yea but 35-40 goals isn't that far off and should definitely be within reach with his talent level.

Anyweyz, I'd give it one more year. Be strict about his conditioning coming in and who knows, he might find some urgency being on a contract year. Too big an investment to give away out of frustration.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:43 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Yea but 35-40 goals isn't that far off and should definitely be within reach with his talent level.

Anyweyz, I'd give it one more year. Be strict about his conditioning coming in and who knows, he might find some urgency being on a contract year. Too big an investment to give away out of frustration.
and with his effort level ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 07:47 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
and with his effort level ?
So if it's an effort level then it's up to the staff to get him going. Personally I think it's more of a fitness problem that yields poor effort.

Old
05-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Put him with somebody who can pass him the puck and he'll score goals. It used to be Kovalev/Cammalleri before AK46 got injured...

He would score more goals on the PP if he didn't have to play in front of the net. Problem is we don't have anyone else to fill that role so he's stuck doing something he's below average at. Put him where Kovalev used to be and he scores 12 on the PP next year. Plekanec and his lack of a one-timer is useless there aside from passing it back to the point. 3 PP goals this season....It only worked in the regular season because MAB alone elevated the PP into being number 2... AK46 or Cam should be there.

And if he gets back to 07-08 shape, and we know Martin wants the fittest team, his value would go skyward.

Anyway, he's better off on another team. The lack of chemistry between Plek and AK46 is really hurting us. Plek needs a winger who can dig pucks in the corners for him and AK46 needs a center who can make a play for him to release his shot. They're definitely not getting what they want from each other. Pacioretty looked like a solution for a while as he can do both, but he hasn't developed fast enough.
Well said man.

Some really good posts in this thread. In my opinion, AK46 is a shooter, not a puck carrier. He has flashes of brilliance when carrying the puck, but it's not enough. He is a trigger man, and so he needs to be setup.

So it's a no brainer to keep AK46 imo.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 08:05 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
I don't think any GM in their right mind would take both brothers as a package. But I think many would take them individually. However I don't think we'd get anything worthwhile for AK, and replacing his production will be harder than you think.

Who UFA do you want to sign?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 08:20 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
So if it's an effort level then it's up to the staff to get him going. Personally I think it's more of a fitness problem that yields poor effort.
Effort level is ultimately up to the player, not the staff. That is evidenced by the numerous attempts made to motivate him, that have had little to no lasting effect.

Maybe a year without the evil little brother and we'll see some effort/production.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Avim86

Quote:
You're so wrong I don't know where to start...Kostitsyn is in monster shape , Kovalev himself said it (and he would know) , people always talk about when you shake his hand he has this monster grip. The guy is a pure sniper , he is made to play with his brother.

I would love to see :

Cammy-Gomez-Gio
A.Kos-Plek-S.Kos
Pouliot-Moore-Lapierre
Pyatt-Metro-Moen

Sooo down...

Avim86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Pleky Roks

YES....its definitely time to end the Kostitsyn experiment. Sergei is as good as gone because of his piss-poor attitude and its time for Andrei to go as well after his terrible effort in the playoffs. Scoring a hat-trick in 1 game isn't enough contribution. I'm sick of never knowing what Andrei is going to show up to play. The guy has a ton of skill, but he has no heart at all and if the tough gets going, Andrei goes home....he doesn't play harder or try harder when things get tough, he cowers and plays like a little girl with no heart. I think we should be able to trade Andrei for a decent player in return. I hope Gaultier can make it happen this summer and keep improving this team like Gainey started to do last off-season.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalakRulz View Post
YES....its definitely time to end the Kostitsyn experiment. Sergei is as good as gone because of his piss-poor attitude and its time for Andrei to go as well after his terrible effort in the playoffs. Scoring a hat-trick in 1 game isn't enough contribution. I'm sick of never knowing what Andrei is going to show up to play. The guy has a ton of skill, but he has no heart at all and if the tough gets going, Andrei goes home....he doesn't play harder or try harder when things get tough, he cowers and plays like a little girl with no heart. I think we should be able to trade Andrei for a decent player in return. I hope Gaultier can make it happen this summer and keep improving this team like Gainey started to do last off-season.
Get off the bandwagon we don't need you , Andrei Kostitsyn has plenty heart , maybe there are other factors. Do yourself a favor and stop repeating everything Benoit Brunet says okay?

Avim86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 08:53 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
Kostitsyn is in monster shape, people always talk about when you shake his hand he has this monster grip..
So having a monster grip = being in monster shape? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
He's basically a 15 goal scorer making 30 goal money.

He is not making 30 goal money. Look at the players scoring 30 goals, they are $5m+ players.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote