HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mckeens top 15 list

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2004, 10:58 PM
kobe

vCash: 500
Mckeens top 15 list

here's Mckeen top 15 list for the 2004 NHL draft:

http://www.canoe.ca/HockeyNHLDraft/top15.html

What do you think of this list?

By the way, Mckeens talked about Johan Fransson saying that he was a player to look for the upcoming draft. Here's what Mckeens said:

Johan Fransson - D (Lulea) - We had some concerns with Fransson, but may have been slightly perplexed after witnessing some error-prone play from the prized Swede at the World Juniors. When healthy, Fransson has shown to be a budding star playing a mature, high-octane game, proving that his decision to play an extra year before opting into the NHL draft was a wise one. According to Lulea's head coach Mikael Andersson: "He plays like a god and I wouldn't trade him for any other defenseman in the (Swedish Elite League)." However, our scout adds that "(Fransson) could have produced a few more points, but this will surely come next year. He still needs to fine-tune his shooting skills in order to truly excel on the powerplay. But, at this moment, I watch this guy play and I find myself comparing him to the top rearguards in the league, not other draft-eligibles. That is how good he is - he'll be highly sought after at Raleigh."

link:http://www.canoe.ca/Slam040417/nhl_draft2-mck.html

I sure hope the Habs take a long look at him because he seems to a good one even though some observers say that he's soft......

Old
05-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Beakermania*

I like that Valabik is still on his board at 16, I hope we can get him at 18.

I'd love to have a tank on the blueline.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
I like that Valabik is still on his board at 16, I hope we can get him at 18.

I'd love to have a tank on the blueline.
him or green for me
Green could be the Dion Phaneuf of this year draft(note: he's also a better skater than phaneuf and IMO better offensively .... he can make some nice open ice hit but not like Phaneuf ..)
Valabik is a MONSTER !! sure i would like us to draft him !

Old
05-11-2004, 06:02 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I wouldn't draft Valabik if Fransson or Green in available. He doesn't look like the most skilled guy out there. Hulking size doesn't equal good dman.

Old
05-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I want Chipchura.. If Wolski is still available at around 12-13, I want us to trade up to get him.

Old
05-11-2004, 07:11 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
I want Chipchura.. If Wolski is still available at around 12-13, I want us to trade up to get him.
I gotta agree here. While our defensive prospects are not that deep, we just can NOT draft out of need. We saw how that worked out in the 90's. I am very impressed with what I have read with Wolski, and I would love to see him with the habs. If we move up or not, we have to take best player available.

Old
05-11-2004, 07:18 PM
not quite yoda

Can anyone positively confirm wether Fransson is a righty or a lefty. It's because aside fromKomisarek and Korneev, we are pretty weak on the right side in terms of real promissing youth. We are A-ok on the left.

Looking at that Mckeen appraisal, he looks too good to be true for a guy sloted to go mid 1st round... I dunno. I am sceptical. The guy writting it may be a little off. It reads like he's a top 3 pick.

Old
05-11-2004, 08:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Can anyone positively confirm wether Fransson is a righty or a lefty. It's because aside fromKomisarek and Korneev, we are pretty weak on the right side in terms of real promissing youth. We are A-ok on the left.

Looking at that Mckeen appraisal, he looks too good to be true for a guy sloted to go mid 1st round... I dunno. I am sceptical. The guy writting it may be a little off. It reads like he's a top 3 pick.

He's a LD as far as I know. I wouldn't mind if we got him, but I don't think we will. He's a year older and on the small side, and has had injury problems and I've been told he plays a very soft game. But he was rookie of the year in the SEL and seemed to have a decent U-20 tournament. For what it's worth I would go with Hedman instead, but both would be interesting picks.

I am not a big fan of Green (think his physical game is way overrated, but havent seen much of him) I am not a big fan of Chipchura due to his lack of offense. I havent' seen much of him either, but something reminds me of Kilger but I could be way off. 1 time just isn't enough to say, just a feeling, so if we don't get him it won't bother me. I'm not a big fan of O'Neil but he could be a good one. Didn't shot too much of an offenisve game or physical game for such a big kid. I'd be surprised if we got him but he's big and skates well. Even Bolland I woudln't take at 18th, as his size is a concern for a team full of smallish players.

I do like Valabik but we did draft a player somewhat similar to him in O'Byrne who are both big good skating physical RD's (plus we have Komo who also plays similar to them) Not that getting Valabik would be bad, but to me I'd have Valabik 3rd overall for defensmen, with Thelen tops and Barker slightly ahead of Valabik.

One kid I really want us to get is David Booth, but without a 2nd, that won't happen. I'd take him at 18th but if so we could trade down to get him. I don't see this happening, and 2 years ago I was calling for us to draft Patrick Thoresen, but I think Booth is the kind of pick we need.

Old
05-11-2004, 09:27 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
One kid I really want us to get is David Booth, but without a 2nd, that won't happen. I'd take him at 18th but if so we could trade down to get him. I don't see this happening, and 2 years ago I was calling for us to draft Patrick Thoresen, but I think Booth is the kind of pick we need.
Why what's with this guy? I haven't been as active as I use to on knowing players, do you think you could tell me a little more about this guy?

Old
05-11-2004, 10:23 PM
RE-HABS

I would like to take Green, he has an all around game with an offensive ability to contribute with his physical play.

Green, Komisarek, Hainsey, Korneev, O'Bryne along with other young D prospects on the blueline give us a great bunch of depth and talent for the next 10 plus years.

If not Green we sorely and desperately need a Power Forward or Big centre with an offensive touch and no fear of physical play.

Old
05-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
I would like to take Green, he has an all around game with an offensive ability to contribute with his physical play.

Green, Komisarek, Hainsey, Korneev, O'Bryne along with other young D prospects on the blueline give us a great bunch of depth and talent for the next 10 plus years.

If not Green we sorely and desperately need a Power Forward or Big centre with an offensive touch and no fear of physical play.
I'm not sold on Green, the quality of DEFENSMAN this year could be AWESOME down the road. He's not in my top 5 of D I would take @ 18th.

Old
05-12-2004, 04:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
Why what's with this guy? I haven't been as active as I use to on knowing players, do you think you could tell me a little more about this guy?

He's a LW, about 6'2-6'3 210-215 Plays a power forward game. He's strong physically, and has a strong power stride although his foot speed needs improvement. Seems to have good offensive ability, drives to the net hard and can play in both ends of the rink. I wouldn't take him at 18th, but if we could somehow get a 2nd rounder I'd be all for it.

As for Green, I'm not sold on him either. He's not that big for a defensemen, but I was told he plays a soft game. (I only saw him at the prospects game where he wasn't soft) I just think there will be better picks at 18th, but we'll see in 5 or so weeks.

Old
05-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion

I am not sure why everyone keeps forgetting about Archer. He has not done much this year but this is a kid that works is but off (ala Ryder) and I would not be suprised to see him develop in a very solid 6th defencement ala Craig Ludwig. With komisarek, Archer and Koroneev on the right side along with Hainsey that can play either left or right I do not see this position as a weakness....

Old
05-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
As for Green, I'm not sold on him either. He's not that big for a defensemen, but I was told he plays a soft game. (I only saw him at the prospects game where he wasn't soft) I just think there will be better picks at 18th, but we'll see in 5 or so weeks.
Don't know who said he was soft but from what I saw, I can say Green is one mean mother and loves to dish some solid open ice hits ala Phaneuf (not as powerful though). He sure doesn't play soft. But he's not the biggest and will round up to be about as big as Rivet (although he seems to have stronger legs which helps in the physical duties along the boards).

It's weird and I might be a bit off but to me he looked like a faster and offensively more skilled Beauchemin. Very confident, gritty, sound 2-way game. I saw too little of Green to say if it's really accurate but it was an impression I got. I think Green could end up being the #4 Dman we need on the right side to replace Brisebois and Rivet down the road. He would look great alongside Souray, Markov, Komisarek and possibly Hainsey. If we had a top 10 pick, I would pass, but at 18th, it's a very good pick IMO.

Old
05-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Rumpy

I think Green is brutal and I seen him 10-15 times this year he is really really overated I don't know what the scouts see in him...Chipchura is really really fast like 0-60 in 2.2 but he will most likely go 5-10......Rumpy

Old
05-13-2004, 08:08 AM
jacklours

Quote:
He's a LW, about 6'2-6'3 210-215 Plays a power forward game. He's strong physically, and has a strong power stride although his foot speed needs improvement. Seems to have good offensive ability, drives to the net hard and can play in both ends of the rink. I wouldn't take him at 18th, but if we could somehow get a 2nd rounder I'd be all for it.

Thx a lot Montreal

Closed Thread