HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa to speak with Q

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Ottawa to speak with Q

WWW.tsn.ca/nhl

Does anyone else here think that that's where Q is going to end up? I have a feeling he's Muckler's primary target.

Old
05-12-2004, 01:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
WWW.tsn.ca/nhl

Does anyone else here think that that's where Q is going to end up? I have a feeling he's Muckler's primary target.

Probably. It is the best job out there right now. With the Avs keeping Granato and as it seems like Dave Lewis is going to keep him job the Ottawa job is the way to go. A good team that has underachieved, with a good core of talent and a new owner who is willing to spend money. Sounds good to me.

05-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Probably. It is the best job out there right now. With the Avs keeping Granato and as it seems like Dave Lewis is going to keep him job the Ottawa job is the way to go. A good team that has underachieved, with a good core of talent and a new owner who is willing to spend money. Sounds good to me.

I agree...

Q is a goner i think.

Old
05-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Fletch

Singin'...

you mentioned something interesting...'A good team that has underachieved, with a good core of talent and a new owner who is willing to spend money'...with that, why do so many feel as though Martin is the 'right' man for coaching the Rangers; someone who seemingly failed in that role (not really directed to you, as I don't recall your stance on Martin).

Old
05-12-2004, 02:31 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
you mentioned something interesting...'A good team that has underachieved, with a good core of talent and a new owner who is willing to spend money'...with that, why do so many feel as though Martin is the 'right' man for coaching the Rangers; someone who seemingly failed in that role (not really directed to you, as I don't recall your stance on Martin).

I don't know. I'm not sold on the idea that Martin is the right man for the job. On the other hand, to play devils advocate, maybe Martin is a modern day Roger Neilson; a coach that takes teams and makes them good but can't make a good team great. Of course, the same could be said for JQ.

Coaching wise, I don't really have a feel for who I would like. I'm intrigued by McGill. I question if he is ready after only two seasons in the AHL. I would like Larry Robinson but I don't see him taking the job.

Old
05-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Fletch

I think I agree totally...

although I'm a bit more ready for McGill than most and Larry doesn't seem to want to get into coaching - too much hesitancy and that just tells me to stay away. His heart can't be in it (I also think he likes having a 'safer' job).

Old
05-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
although I'm a bit more ready for McGill than most and Larry doesn't seem to want to get into coaching - too much hesitancy and that just tells me to stay away. His heart can't be in it (I also think he likes having a 'safer' job).
If would be pretty funny to see that after all this talk, Nolan's consultant actually does his work and lands the job. It might be a long shot but then again, we are talking about Sather and understanding him is like understanding your girlfriend after about two dozen beers and half a dozen shots.

Old
05-12-2004, 05:59 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13
If would be pretty funny to see that after all this talk, Nolan's consultant actually does his work and lands the job. It might be a long shot but then again, we are talking about Sather and understanding him is like understanding your girlfriend after about two dozen beers and half a dozen shots.
I want no part of Ted Nolan.

Old
05-12-2004, 09:59 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Coaching wise, I don't really have a feel for who I would like. I'm intrigued by McGill. I question if he is ready after only two seasons in the AHL. I would like Larry Robinson but I don't see him taking the job.
My feelings also.

Closed Thread