HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group C • 05/11/10 • Czech Republic 2, Norway 3

View Poll Results: Who will score more points in this game?
Jaromír Jágr 7 63.64%
Mats Zuccarello Aasen 4 36.36%
Tie 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Group C • 05/11/10 • Czech Republic 2, Norway 3

2010 IIHF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP | GROUP C
MAY 11 • 16:15 CET • 10:15 AM ET
vs.

Live Summary

0-1. Zuccarello Aasen (Thoresen) 12:09, 1st
1-1. Jagr (Rozsíval, Rozsíval) 7:56, 2nd - 5v3 PPG
1-2. Lřkken Řstli (Thoresen) 10:13, 2nd
1-3. Bastiansen (M. Olimb, L.E. Spets) 4:23, 3rd
2-3. Jágr (Rachůnek) 13:09, 3rd - PPG

Possible Online Live Streams
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/371...nship-May-11th

SAP Arena, Mannheim, Germany

Czech Republic
Official lineup.

Left WingCenterRight Wing
60 Tomáš Rolinek (C)
10 Roman Červenka
68 Jaromír Jágr (A)
11 Petr Hubáček
15 Jan Marek
93 Jakub Voráček
22 Lukáš Kašpar
14 Petr Vampola
12 Jiří Novotný
91 Marek Kvapil
42 Petr Koukal
20 Jakub Klepiš
-
Extra Forward:
27 Martin Růžička

Left DefenseRight Defense
44 Miroslav Blaťák
3 Michal Rozsíval
36 Petr Čáslava (A)
4 Karel Rachůnek
8 Michal Barinka
5 Filip Novák
23 Petr Gřegořek
-

Starting GoalieBackup Goalie
31 Ondřej Pavelec
29 Tomáš Vokoun

Norway
Official lineup.

Left WingCenterRight Wing
41 Patrick Thoresen (A)
52 Anders Fredriksen
48 Mats Zuccarello Aasen
46 Mathis Olimb
20 Anders Bastiansen (A)
10 Lars Erik Spets
35 Martin L. Ylven
22 Martin Rřymark
9 Marius Holtet
41 Ken André Olimb
26 Kristian Forsberg
14 Peter Lorentzen
-
Extra Forward:
16 Knut Henrik Spets

Left DefenseRight Defense
47 Alexander Bonsaksen
6 Jonas Holřs
5 Juha Kaunismäki
7 Tommy Jakobsen (C)
39 Henrik Solberg
37 Lars Lřkken Řstli

Starting GoalieBackup Goalie
33 Pĺl Grotnes
34 André Lysenstřen

ScratchedReason
G 30 Ruben Smith
Healthy

Officials
--
Tom LaaksonenReferee
Tom SternsReferee
Thomas GemeinhardtLinesman
Antonin SemionovLinesman

Last edited by Systemfel: 05-11-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old
05-11-2010, 05:53 AM
zorz

vCash: 500
Our players well know that Norway is pushing for upsets all the time just like Denmark or Germany. But we really want to avoid Russia in Quarterfinals... and permitting upsets isn´t good way how to do it. So the goal today is simple - to brutally crush them.

Old
05-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
How the heck is Tom Laaksonen one of the refs... maybe the most hated (=worst) ref in SM-liiga. Well let's hope he doesn't screw this up.

Ps. Go Czech Republic go!

Last edited by Juzmo: 05-11-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old
05-11-2010, 06:48 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
How the heck is Tom Laaksonen one of the refs... maybe the most hated (=worst) ref in all of SM-liiga. Well let's hope he doesn't screw this up.

Go Czech Republic go!
Maybe they were choosing the wors ones from every league, Mr. Konc from Slovakia who is also at the WHC fits this description as well.

Old
05-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Swipes

vCash: 200
Hopefully we won't underestimate them and get the win

Old
05-11-2010, 08:17 AM
FreakyEuro*

I will of course support our side, but given the garbage team we have this year (around 25 NHLers called in "tired after the season" "family reasons" or whatever else ridiculous excuse stops them for coming to represent their native country) I think we're in for another part of "2010 Upset Story". Jágr, Voráček, Rolinek and Vokoun are the only "legit" WorldChamps national team players, guys like Blaťák, Červenka, Pavelec, Marek, Hubáček, Rachůnek and Čáslava are borderline and the rest is plain garbage that would have hard time to get the nomination on our today's opponent's side. Bunch of Extraliga busts and NHL dropouts. This team is not going to get a medal of any color, those aren't even legit contenders. This roster is ridiculous when compared to Russians or Canadians and I only pray we manage to save face by surviving over the "weaker" opposition such as Norway and don't get humiliated too bad by Swedes, Russians or Canadians.

But nothing ever changes and our bonehead newsmen keep rolling their articles about will we get medals this year? so so so very stupid.

Norwegians will play with no real pressing need, their victory over France and advance seems certain and they can just have fun cooking up some hot soup for another favorite to choke on (Oh boy and do we love to choke). They're a hungry young team with great fitness and stamina, they can skate more than well, have some neat skills and they can make us very sorry for any mistake we might (and will) make. I'd take any victory over Norway at this point, but the smell of the upset in the air is so intense it's nearly palpable.

No trust in this national team of ours whatsoever. Will cheer for them anyway, for blood is thicker than water. But it feels like cheering for a three legged horse that once was a great champion.

Last edited by FreakyEuro*: 05-11-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old
05-11-2010, 08:26 AM
FreakyEuro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post

SAP Arena, Mannheim, Germany
Nice looking Arena them German boys got for themselves.

And a great and neat preview post by Systemfel as always. Thanks.

Old
05-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Kronblom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Maybe they were choosing the wors ones from every league, Mr. Konc from Slovakia who is also at the WHC fits this description as well.
And Sweden have sent their worst as well...

Old
05-11-2010, 08:42 AM
FreakyEuro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom View Post
And Sweden have sent their worst as well...
We only have terrible refs in Czech, so it doesn't really matter which one we send in. The refs are so chicken and inconsistent back home, they set up a measure and then they change it several times during the match. It happens on regular basis that both sides of a match are mad at the refs which needs no further comments.

They tried it last year and brought some Swedish ref for 3-4 matches and he was SO good compared to the homemade stripy garbage of ours.

Old
05-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEuro View Post
No trust in this national team of ours whatsoever. Will cheer for them anyway, for blood is thicker than water. But it feels like cheering for a three legged horse that once was a great champion.
Just like Finland... but good goaltending can come a long way in these short tournaments. Many teams don't have a impressive roster outside of Russia and Canada and even they have their weak-spots. Could be lots of upsets and a pronze medal for your team may not me the most likely scenario, but still it could happen.

Old
05-11-2010, 08:57 AM
FreakyEuro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Just like Finland... but good goaltending can come a long way in these short tournaments. Many teams don't have a impressive roster outside of Russia and Canada and even they have their weak-spots. Could be lots of upsets and a pronze medal for your team may not me the most likely scenario, but still it could happen.
Thanks for the words of comfort, yet I much more believe in Finland in this tournament than in our own team. Finns have the hardnosed mentality that they fasten the screws when talent doesn't work (or is missing). We have always played a figure-skating fancy hockey, we don't have the types that would crash the net in search for some pain. And on this team we don't even have the talent we usually cover up our lack of grit with.
This team will just be bloodless mark my words.

Oh and Vokoun stinks so far. He stunk at the Olympics, he stunk against Finland during LG games and he allowed two ridiculous goals against clueless France (no offense meant, garcons, just state of the obvious). I know a goalie can carry you miles beyond your roster's paper strength (look ar Tuukka Rask this year in Boston or even more so Jaroslav Halák in Montreal), but we would need a 2005 Gold Medal version of Vokoun to carry us somewhere, because this one won't do.

Old
05-11-2010, 09:01 AM
zorz

Quote:
I will of course support our side, but given the garbage team we have this year (around 25 NHLers called in "tired after the season" "family reasons" or whatever else ridiculous excuse stops them for coming to represent their native country) I think we're in for another part of "2010 Upset Story". Jágr, Voráček, Rolinek and Vokoun are the only "legit" WorldChamps national team players, guys like Blaťák, Červenka, Pavelec, Marek, Hubáček, Rachůnek and Čáslava are borderline and the rest is plain garbage that would have hard time to get the nomination on our today's opponent's side. Bunch of Extraliga busts and NHL dropouts. This team is not going to get a medal of any color, those aren't even legit contenders. This roster is ridiculous when compared to Russians or Canadians and I only pray we manage to save face by surviving over the "weaker" opposition such as Norway and don't get humiliated too bad by Swedes, Russians or Canadians.

But nothing ever changes and our bonehead newsmen keep rolling their articles about will we get medals this year? so so so very stupid.

Norwegians will play with no real pressing need, their victory over France and advance seems certain and they can just have fun cooking up some hot soup for another favorite to choke on (Oh boy and do we love to choke). They're a hungry young team with great fitness and stamina, they can skate more than well, have some neat skills and they can make us very sorry for any mistake we might (and will) make. I'd take any victory over Norway at this point, but the smell of the upset in the air is so intense it's nearly palpable.

You are too pessimistic, just like most of the czech fans. Personally, I don´t care much about theoretical quality of the team. They are still good enough to beat anybody with some luck. And definitely able to beat Norway. I just can´t cheer along with saying we have bad team and no chance to win medal.

Old
05-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Swipes

Quote:
Thanks for the words of comfort, yet I much more believe in Finland in this tournament than in our own team. Finns have the hardnosed mentality that they fasten the screws when talent doesn't work (or is missing). We have always played a figure-skating fancy hockey, we don't have the types that would crash the net in search for some pain. And on this team we don't even have the talent we usually cover up our lack of grit with.
This team will just be bloodless mark my words.

Oh and Vokoun stinks so far. He stunk at the Olympics, he stunk against Finland during LG games and he allowed two ridiculous goals against clueless France (no offense meant, garcons, just state of the obvious). I know a goalie can carry you miles beyond your roster's paper strength (look ar Tuukka Rask this year in Boston or even more so Jaroslav Halák in Montreal), but we would need a 2005 Gold Medal version of Vokoun to carry us somewhere, because this one won't do.
Vokoun does stink, which is why Pavelec is going in goal today (and also so that he can log some game time) I don't believe in Vokoun, but I do believe in Pavelec

Old
05-11-2010, 09:07 AM
FreakyEuro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
You are too pessimistic, just like most of the czech fans. Personally, I don´t care much about theoretical quality of the team. They are still good enough to beat anybody with some luck. And definitely able to beat Norway. I just can´t cheer along with saying we have bad team and no chance to win medal.
Maybe so, but I'm afraid I'm being rather realistic. Incidentally realists are always being labeled pesimists by optimists

Old
05-11-2010, 09:08 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
We only have terrible refs in Czech, so it doesn't really matter which one we send in. The refs are so chicken and inconsistent back home, they set up a measure and then they change it several times during the match. It happens on regular basis that both sides of a match are mad at the refs which needs no further comments.

They tried it last year and brought some Swedish ref for 3-4 matches and he was SO good compared to the homemade stripy garbage of ours.
Well, the majority of ours is bad as well. But Peter Országh>>>>>>>>>> both Konc´s

Old
05-11-2010, 09:08 AM
zorz

Quote:
Oh and Vokoun stinks so far. He stunk at the Olympics...
I hope you are joking here

Old
05-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

It's gametime. Go Norway.

Old
05-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Swipes

Quote:
I have to agree with you, I don't believe in them either. But I think what annoys me and most fans more than anything else, is this persistance of Roman Cervenka with Jagr. We've seen already that it doesn't work, and in my opinion Cervenka is certainly not playing well enough so far to be worthy of playing in line 1. Worst of all, he's probably going to continue to stay there and just get 'drowned' in the line. There is certainly a lot of pressure on him to play very well every game, but I don't think that leaving him there and hoping he 'clicks' is the solution.

Old
05-11-2010, 09:14 AM
FreakyEuro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Vokoun does stink, which is why Pavelec is going in goal today (and also so that he can log some game time) I don't believe in Vokoun, but I do believe in Pavelec
Thus I pronounce ye strong of faith, for relying on that lad is an act of sheer spotless faith. That being said given his abysmal season with the Thrashers, ending up a backup to Hedberg who is on the bottom side of NHL average at best (and I'm being very polite here).

Old
05-11-2010, 09:15 AM
FreakyEuro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I hope you are joking here
I dearly wish I was.

Old
05-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Swipes

Quote:
Thus I pronounce ye strong of faith, for relying on that lad is an act of sheer spotless faith. That being said given his abysmal season with the Thrashers, ending up a backup to Hedberg who is on the bottom side of NHL average at best (and I'm being very polite here).
I've got to find someone to believe in, Pavelec is our only hope

Old
05-11-2010, 09:23 AM
FreakyEuro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
I have to agree with you, I don't believe in them either. But I think what annoys me and most fans more than anything else, is this persistance of Roman Cervenka with Jagr. We've seen already that it doesn't work, and in my opinion Cervenka is certainly not playing well enough so far to be worthy of playing in line 1. Worst of all, he's probably going to continue to stay there and just get 'drowned' in the line. There is certainly a lot of pressure on him to play very well every game, but I don't think that leaving him there and hoping he 'clicks' is the solution.
Agree with you spot on. Červenka on this national team (given the options we had) for sure. Červenka on the first line with Jágr? Certainly not. But that has always been problem with Jágr. Everybody s**t their pants when they should play with him and keep passing him the puck 24/7 which eventually ends up our opponents contain easily the whole line by double-teaming Jágr.

Only those like Havlát played very well with Jágr. It might sound strange, but Jágr needs another skilled puck hog next to him. Another guy who is able to carry the puck and deke and score when the opponent opens up their defense through paying too much attention to Jágr.

We all saw it the first match. Hubáček was by the circle and he passed the puck back again on Jágr who was in the corner and being marked OMG!! HE PASSED THE PUCK FROM CIRCLE BACK TO THE CORNER!! We did not lose the puck only through Jágrs phenomenal ability to play with an opponent glued to him and the goal was a pure and ridiculous luck.

Go Jágr, take the puck, I don't want it, you're the famous guy, do something with it, do the miracle. OMG, I'd puke.

Old
05-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Swipes

Online stream for game: http://www.justin.tv/hockeykanal#r=9nhsAEE~

Old
05-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Geric

Here's a good Swedish stream.

http://www.justin.tv/hockeykanal#r=adj9dys~

Old