HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sami Salo Injury Update

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-10-2010, 12:03 AM
  #1
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,502
vCash: 1512
Sami Salo Injury Update

According to TSN, Sami Salo has a ruptured Testicle.

I feel bad for Sami. Hang in there buddy.

Nevermind, sorry guys, I'm new here, didn't see the stickied injury thread.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 12:08 AM
  #2
gobi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paradise, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 500
Damn...I hope that's not true. That's a big sacrifice to take.

gobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 12:11 AM
  #3
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,502
vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobi View Post
Damn...I hope that's not true. That's a big sacrifice to take.
Yeah, it's true, that's a pretty brutal injury.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 12:14 AM
  #4
Slashy McSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Slashy McSlewfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
It would almost be funny if it wasn't so...OUCH.

Seriously though, he must have the worst luck in the world. Ruptured testicle? Only Salo could get that one. Poor guy.

I wonder what recovery time is for something like that? And do you lose it?

Slashy McSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 12:26 AM
  #5
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,502
vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
It would almost be funny if it wasn't so...OUCH.

Seriously though, he must have the worst luck in the world. Ruptured testicle? Only Salo could get that one. Poor guy.

I wonder what recovery time is for something like that? And do you lose it?
I can't and won't make a joke, because I'd feel like a jerk after.

Nick Lidstrom got the exact same injury, missed something like 2 games, amazing.

I'm not 100% on this BTW, so don't take my word for it, and don't assume Salo will be back in 2 games.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:04 AM
  #6
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCabe 24 View Post
I can't and won't make a joke, because I'd feel like a jerk after.

Nick Lidstrom got the exact same injury, missed something like 2 games, amazing.

I'm not 100% on this BTW, so don't take my word for it, and don't assume Salo will be back in 2 games.
It wasn't the exact same.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:11 AM
  #7
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,502
vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
It wasn't the exact same.
He had something similar I'm sure.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:12 AM
  #8
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,135
vCash: 1752
Salo Did Not Rupture His Testies

Quote:
Salo did not rupture a testicle, confirmed
Botch

https://twitter.com/BotchonCanucks

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:13 AM
  #9
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,502
vCash: 1512
According to Jason Botchford's twitter, Salo DID NOT rupture his testicle!

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:15 AM
  #10
xtr3m
Registered User
 
xtr3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,222
vCash: 500
Woohoo!

On a serious note, I really had hard time believing the reports after seeing the puck hit him in the chest/stomach.

xtr3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:15 AM
  #11
Karn
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
good! that would have been unimaginably brutal.

Still...unlikely we see him back next game.

Karn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:15 AM
  #12
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,502
vCash: 1512
I'm VERY happy that Sami didn't rupture his testicles, we need him <3

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:17 AM
  #13
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 40,666
vCash: 500
Wonder what that means as far as his injury goes. Good news about his testies though

__________________
parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:19 AM
  #14
Ribban
Registered User
 
Ribban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCabe 24 View Post
I'm VERY happy that Sami didn't rupture his testicles, we need him <3
I'm very hapy becasue Sami is too nice of a guy to have his balls broken.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:21 AM
  #15
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Is that first hand knowledge?

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:22 AM
  #16
Saren
Multi Pass!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fhloston Paradise
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Is that first hand knowledge?
Testy, are we?

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:23 AM
  #17
fogducker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 500
appendix?

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:23 AM
  #18
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Is that first hand knowledge?
I believe it is second hand from Tommy Larscheid - the expert on all things relating to the nether regions.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:25 AM
  #19
Ribban
Registered User
 
Ribban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCabe 24 View Post
According to Jason Botchford's twitter, Salo DID NOT rupture his testicle!
Whose testicle did he rupture then?

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:28 AM
  #20
David71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,187
vCash: 500
at first i thought it was a wrist or stomach area.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:37 AM
  #21
JonnyCash
Registered User
 
JonnyCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Oh too bad I already had a list of jokes...

Sami "Solo"
When he comes back he'll only be half the man he was before..

JonnyCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:40 AM
  #22
Johnny LaRue
Registered User
 
Johnny LaRue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kudamatsu-shi, Japan
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,286
vCash: 200
I trust the info if it comes from Larscheid. Say what you will about him, but he probably has a pretty good relationship with the team.

Johnny LaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:46 AM
  #23
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny LaRue View Post
I trust the info if it comes from Larscheid. Say what you will about him, but he probably has a pretty good relationship with the team.
Given Tommy Boy's previous reporting - it seems one of the few things he does know well:

The classic line:
"I just came from the Canucks dressing room and Pavel's groin has never felt better."

Tommy Boy has had a number of "groinally" fixated comments over the years:

"Bure is such a great talent, if only he could play with himself out there, it will really give the fans a show."

"Oh that was a great hand job by Skudra!" Larscheid exclaimed on another occasion. "He really helped out Ohlund with that one!"

Or after watching Kariya rag the puck for an extended period of time:
"I could watch Kariya play with himself all night long!!!!!!!!"

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:50 AM
  #24
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,135
vCash: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Given Tommy Boy's previous reporting - it seems one of the few things he does know well:

The classic line:
"I just came from the Canucks dressing room and Pavel's groin has never felt better."

Tommy Boy has had a number of "groinally" fixated comments over the years:

"Bure is such a great talent, if only he could play with himself out there, it will really give the fans a show."

"Oh that was a great hand job by Skudra!" Larscheid exclaimed on another occasion. "He really helped out Ohlund with that one!"

Or after watching Kariya rag the puck for an extended period of time:
"I could watch Kariya play with himself all night long!!!!!!!!"

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 01:56 AM
  #25
Zorbane
Registered User
 
Zorbane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,614
vCash: 500

Zorbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.