HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group D • 05/10/10 • Germany 0, Finland 1

View Poll Results: Which D will score more points in this game?
Robert Dietrich 9 52.94%
Janne Niskala 8 47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
omg... it says all when Rob Zepp is the #1 star for Germany

Old
05-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Lapa
Global Moderator
Welcome Boudreau

vCash: 1068
Petri Vehanen was absolutely awesome.

Old
05-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahox View Post
Not really. Finland dominated the first two periods. Then started to fall back in the third and finally went into a total panic mode.
Which means they deserved to lose. They should play better against these opponents. Finland has scored two goals in two games. Against Norway and Germany. They deserve to relegate.

Old
05-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Paatos

Whatever happens, you won't get to the moon with a team performance like this. Relegation round is still a possibility.

Old
05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post
Which means they deserved to lose. They should play better against these opponents. Finland has scored two goals in two games. Against Norway and Germany. They deserve to relegate.
Norway? Get your facts straight dude.

Vehanen was absolutely amazing.

Why does thread say Germany 1, Finland 0?

Old
05-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Wings4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Props if you can see the connection in the poll!

I'm all out of ideas.

Old
05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Juzmo
earthlings

vCash: 690
Hurray. Two goals combined against Denmark and Germany. Well atleast we won the super-nation Germany 1-0.

Old
05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Make

Germany was quite dominant in the third period. Finland stopped playing and almost lost. Germany was basically walking through the neutral zone and blue line.

Still doesn't look very good for Finland. Only two goals in two games, against Denmark and Germany It's a young team, but the lack of hands and speed is worrying. No one crashes the net hard enough. Defense is also very vulnerable.

Second period was very good. Vehanen was our best player.

LOL, I've never been this nervous when Finland plays Germany.

Old
05-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Other Little Mikey

The score was 87 to nothing?

Old
05-10-2010, 03:38 PM
supersoaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Hurray. Two goals combined against Denmark and Germany. Well atleast we won the super-nation Germany 1-0.
which the us boys did not

Old
05-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
"Germany, 87 Finland 0"

Old
05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Dfire

We deserved a goal in the third.

I'm not blaming it on the refs but I just wish there would be better officiating in a game like this. The linesmen were constantly in the way as well.

At least those times where we'd lose by 8 goals against Finland are over. But it will be another 4-5 years until we are on par.

Old
05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings4Life View Post

I'm all out of ideas.
Defensemen who've played for the Milwaukee Admirals. Not together though as said in post #13.

They almost had identical point totals, too.

Old
05-10-2010, 03:47 PM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post

I'm not blaming it on the refs but I just wish there would be better officiating in a game like this. The linesmen were constantly in the way as well.

At least those times where we'd lose by 8 goals against Finland are over. But it will be another 4-5 years until we are on par.

idk about that..

Old
05-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Finnswiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepjepjoo View Post
The only rule where blood equals bigger penalty is on high sticking(2+2 on accidental and 5+20 or 25 for non-accident). The German player clearly wasn't injured on the play so 2 min was the right call.
No, he was lucky receiving only 2 minutes. Check from behind against the boards which causes an injury is normally at least 5 minutes or even match penalty because these checks are very dangerous.

Although I wished the Finns could win the championship I think they need coaching in playing intelligent and avoiding stupid and unnecessary penalties.
I don't know for what this check was good from Jarkkonen the puck was in the german offense zone and there was no danger for the finnish goal. But I notice that in the last years there are again and again finnish players who attract attention with such unfair and stupid checks.

Last edited by Finnswiss: 05-10-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old
05-10-2010, 03:49 PM
MaNNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post

Tbh that's more due to the lack of new finnish talent than the improvement of German hockey program. Anyway it's like our b/c team and as long as Jalonen and Dufva are coaching we won't achieve ANYTHING. Those guys are ****ing horrible

Old
05-10-2010, 04:09 PM
QnebO

Yes there is so many good NHL players (list gets too long), good KHL players (atleast N. Kapanen), and even SM-Liiga players (J. Hentunen, maybe granlund next year, ofcourse now HIFK's Ville Peltonen, and couple other good finnish league players) out of this tournament, that its not that bad results. If we had our best team here getting these results then i couldn't know what to say.

But got to really say germany and denmark have took couple huge steps, its really great for them. They have been improving and if that continues like this, then they'll do great. Big players to NHL will start generating ect..

Old
05-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Matti_A

Today at least the play briefly resembled the sport of hockey from a Finnish perspective (in the second period), but it didn't last for long.

If we'd be talking about soccer you might be satisfied with this result.

Vehanen is good.

Old
05-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Oyabun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 nipple finn View Post
idk about that..
Well going by the sounds of you Finns, it must be true. I mean the future for Finnish hockey is nothing but doom and gloom

Old
05-10-2010, 04:24 PM
QnebO

Vehanen is great. He was absolutely best goalie in SM-Liiga last season, what is a big thing, but then they trade him to KHL and he were starting goalie there, and won KHL Championship. He is our greatest goalie overall atm i think, atleast on par with Kipper, Backström, Niemi and Rask. I dont really see a reason to start with Nashvilles Pekka Rinne, but i have no doubt, stupid coach jalonen will put Rinne to start...

Vehanen would do the same, what Niittymäki did in Turin 2006 olympics. And hes so hot whole the season, he would prolly make some saves and we could win the whole tournament. Hes winning goalie..

Well going by the sounds of you Finns, it must be true. I mean the future for Finnish hockey is nothing but doom and gloom
A swede talking about our hockey future, what doesnt look that bad at all atm.. But its allright, you cant know our players, only good swede kid i know is Pääjärvi-Svensson..

Old
05-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Savolainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Vehanen is great. He was absolutely best goalie in SM-Liiga last season, what is a big thing, but then they trade him to KHL and he were starting goalie there, and won KHL Championship. He is our greatest goalie overall atm i think, atleast on par with Kipper, Backström, Niemi and Rask. I dont really see a reason to start with Nashvilles Pekka Rinne, but i have no doubt, stupid coach jalonen will put Rinne to start...

Vehanen would do the same, what Niittymäki did in Turin 2006 olympics. And hes so hot whole the season, he would prolly make some saves and we could win the whole tournament. Hes winning goalie..
Yeah I also think he should be our starting goaley and like you mentioned, I am 100% sure Jalonen will play Rinne again. Well, Rinne is great too but Vehanen saved our ass today and should deserve at least the start vs the USA. Well, than let's look who we start in the relegation round?!

Edit: And hope the sentence with Pääjärvi Svenson is a big joke...

Old
05-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Paatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
Doom and gloom is what we do best. And if there would be a championship in that, we'd probably get a silver medal.

Old
05-10-2010, 04:31 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Pfft. I don't know if I should be happy with this result or not. With a little help from Denmark, we might already have bailed ourselves out from relegation, but with a showing like that, they'd kind of deserve it.

It's like watching a particular accident happen... your nasty mother-in-law is parking a car, and she doesn't notice that she's steering it towards a deep ravine. You could easily signal her to stop, but you don't wanna.

However, the car is yours, and it's brand new. What to do?

Old
05-10-2010, 04:45 PM
MJAYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Pfft. I don't know if I should be happy with this result or not. With a little help from Denmark, we might already have bailed ourselves out from relegation, but with a showing like that, they'd kind of deserve it.

It's like watching a particular accident happen... your nasty mother-in-law is parking a car, and she doesn't notice that she's steering it towards a deep ravine. You could easily signal her to stop, but you don't wanna.

Have Petri Vehanen appear from the backseat and save the day.

Seriously the guy deserves to start against USA. I would feel very confident with him on net. Ofcourse, it's not like we are doomed if we put Peks between the pipes. Afterall, none of the goals in the game against Denmark was his fault. The team just sucked and didn't show up.

Old
05-10-2010, 04:53 PM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post

You ever hear of insurance?

Closed Thread