HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else heading to Pittsburgh for Game 5?

Old
05-07-2010, 04:42 PM
HabstuckinTO

vCash: 500
Anyone else heading to Pittsburgh for Game 5?

It makes sense that there weren't many Hab fans at Games 1 and 2. Those games were available for sale before we even knew the Canadiens would be playing in Pittsburgh. I imagine we'll make up for it tomorrow. 2 seats behind the Pittsburgh goal for periods 1 and 3. C'mon Cammy, give us a few more 1st period goals!

HabstuckinTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 04:53 PM

Not sure if you are familiar with Pittsburgh but may I suggest:

http://www.pointbrugge.com/

and

http://sharpedgebeer.com/ (the Friendship location)

as good spots for food and beer.

66871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 05:10 PM
HabstuckinTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66871 View Post
Not sure if you are familiar with Pittsburgh but may I suggest:

http://www.pointbrugge.com/

and

http://sharpedgebeer.com/ (the Friendship location)

as good spots for food and beer.
Hey thanks, 66871 - that was really nice of you. I soon as I mention moules-frites to my wife I know we'll be going to Point Brugge. I've been to Pittsburgh a few times on business but this will be more fun. I like the city - the river and hill combination is stunning.

Old
05-07-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabstuckinTO View Post
Hey thanks, 66871 - that was really nice of you. I soon as I mention moules-frites to my wife I know we'll be going to Point Brugge. I've been to Pittsburgh a few times on business but this will be more fun. I like the city - the river and hill combination is stunning.
You're welcome. But the important thing is to tell your wife you did a lot of research and found a neighborhood place she'll love. LOL And seriously, this is truly a neighborhood place.

And yes, Pittsburgh can be a stunning place -- when the sun is out. I always loved May there so this is a good time to go.

I hope you have a great trip but are disappointed with the outcome of the game.

66871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2010, 10:14 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabstuckinTO View Post
It makes sense that there weren't many Hab fans at Games 1 and 2. Those games were available for sale before we even knew the Canadiens would be playing in Pittsburgh. I imagine we'll make up for it tomorrow. 2 seats behind the Pittsburgh goal for periods 1 and 3. C'mon Cammy, give us a few more 1st period goals!
Dude, this ain't Washington. This is Pittsburgh, they sell out nightly, and are not a transplant formed softee town, aren't going be to many.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 09:33 AM
HabstuckinTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker* View Post
Dude, this ain't Washington. This is Pittsburgh, they sell out nightly, and are not a transplant formed softee town, aren't going be to many.
Hi Mucker - not sure if you sent me a message or not - could have been from "Millytown" - I couldn't respond so I'll post here.

I hear your point. There were a fair amount of Mtl fans there considering the distance and the fact that it's still only Round 2. Still a very small percentage compared to the home fans though. Maybe 5% max? That's a wild-ass guess though.

It was my first game in Pittsburgh so I can't give a comparison. The last game I was at in a US-based arena was Buffalo a few years ago. It was late in the regular season the year that Mtl was first in the Eastern Conference. I'd guess it was 25% Mtl fans but that was much closer to Mtl and the circumstances were a lot different.

Anyway we enjoyed the experience (not so much the result of course). The fans were great - the odd remark but they all seemed good-natured. One clown kept yelling "Halak beats his wife" but even the home fans thought that was out of bounds. Hey, every fan base has its share of those guys.

And wow, Pittsburgh fans hate Washington!

Good luck tonight but here's hoping there's a game seven.