HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Larry Brooks at it again

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2004, 06:39 AM
L.I.RangerFan

vCash: 500
Larry Brooks at it again

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/24032.htm

Todays addition of the Post really makes you think that Brooks reads this site. But then again he goes and proves he is not to smart.

Quote:
The Post has learned that the Rangers have reached an agreement to sign 21-year-old Medicine Hat center Ryan Hollweg, whose career was in jeopardy last year due to post-concussion syndrome. Hollweg, who missed nearly all of last year and the first two months of this year, recorded 57 points (25-32) in 52 games during the regular season and has 15 points (6-9) in 20 playoff games for the WHL champion Tigers, who will compete for the Memorial Cup beginning Sunday.

The 5-11, 200-pound Hollweg, drafted in the eighth round (238th overall) in 2001, chose to sign with the Rangers even though he had become a free agent.

Quote:
The Blueshirts have had preliminary contract discussions with Johan Holmqvist's agent, Don Meehan. Holmqvist was named the World Championship's all-star goaltender after helping Sweden gain the silver medal.

Larry, Johan Holmqvist was traded and was not Swedens WC all-star goaltender. The goaltender you are talking about is named Henrik Lundqvist. Please print a correction as soon as possible. Thank you :lol

Old
05-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Barnaby

I'll give him a break on the Hollweg signing, but the guy has to know who Henrik Lundvquist is!!!

Old
05-12-2004, 09:06 AM
NYR469

gotta love proof-reading

Old
05-12-2004, 10:47 AM
karl_hungus

smooth...

Old
05-12-2004, 11:02 AM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I'll give him a break on the Hollweg signing, but the guy has to know who Henrik Lundvquist is!!!
Agree. Johan?
I have a tough time taking his articles with anything more than a grain of salt.
Is anyone a big fan of Brooks' articles?
The more I hear about Lundqvist, the more anxious I am to see him play at camp this summer.

Old
05-12-2004, 11:13 AM
vbox81

Charlie: It's hard to be a big fan, but at least SOMEBODY consistently writes about them....Gives me something to read every few days (Fischler don't count because, well, his babble is just ridiculous).

Old
05-12-2004, 11:37 AM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbox81
Charlie: It's hard to be a big fan, but at least SOMEBODY consistently writes about them....Gives me something to read every few days (Fischler don't count because, well, his babble is just ridiculous).
I'm just not a fan of the Post, I guess.
You gotta love the Maven.
Love you avatar.
I would not like to be Donald Rumsfeld right now, he is in such deep s**t it's not even funny.

Old
05-12-2004, 11:42 AM
in the hall

who cares really, the information is whats more relevant, at least we have someone in NY that can give us this

Old
05-12-2004, 12:02 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
I'm just not a fan of the Post, I guess.
You gotta love the Maven.
Love you avatar.
I would not like to be Donald Rumsfeld right now, he is in such deep s**t it's not even funny.
Does anyone else think that Rumsfeld bares some resemblance to Sather?

05-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Smug? check

Arrogant? check

Complete disregard for opposing views? check

Inability to admit mistakes? check

Canadien? D'OH

5 time Stanley Cup Winner? D'OH

So in summation. I dunno' maybe..

Old
05-12-2004, 12:15 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Definitely.
And neither of the two are being held accountable for their actions.

Old
05-12-2004, 12:20 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Smug? check

Arrogant? check

Complete disregard for opposing views? check

Inability to admit mistakes? check

Canadien? D'OH

5 time Stanley Cup Winner? D'OH

So in summation. I dunno' maybe..
And for that matter, has anyone ever seen them in the same room together? Me neither. Coincidence?

Of course Rumsfeld is looking for weapons of mass destruction and Sather is a weapon of mass destruction.

Old
05-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

And who's got the power to get rid of both those guys?
Sather - Dolan
Bush - American Public

Not sure who is more clueless

If Sather has a great draft/FA summer & Osama is caught expect both back for the next four years

Old
05-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Edge

Four more years of Bush..... whoa I just freaked myself out. I dunno witout starting a political debate, I'm not too happy with the way things are going right now in this country. Hopefully whatever people believe they come out and make their voice heard.

As for Brooks I will tell everyone right now that MANY of the reporters you read frequent this site. I know they do. Heck I remember entire paragraphs of my articles being paraphrased before.

Old
05-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
who cares really, the information is whats more relevant, at least we have someone in NY that can give us this
his info is all BS who cares what he has to say?

Old
05-12-2004, 08:05 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Four more years of Bush..... whoa I just freaked myself out. I dunno witout starting a political debate, I'm not too happy with the way things are going right now in this country. Hopefully whatever people believe they come out and make their voice heard.
Us in NY, I'm not worried about, it's the "Nascar" states, or the South I'm a little worried about...

Old
05-12-2004, 09:20 PM
zestystrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan
Us in NY, I'm not worried about, it's the "Nascar" states, or the South I'm a little worried about...
Not looking to delve into a political debate here but.....

Speaking as a lifelong NY'er now living in the Atlanta area it is really scary how unflinchingly republican everyone here is. Even kids right out of college are die-hard Bushies. And no one seems to know what Haliburton is.

At least in the North East your voice will have a better chance of being heard at the Electoral College.

And now back onto topic....

I like Brooks. Not b/c he's always right or expresses my beliefs, or always scoops everyone else (I'm not sure if he does any of that really well), but mainly b/c he is entertaining. He always seems to have a bee in his bonnet about something someone in the league has done. And lets be honest, where are all of the other hockey writers while the NYR are playing golf? At least Brooks is writing.

Heres to good 'ol whats-his-name being the goalie of the future.

I'm off to Waffle House....

Old
05-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
his info is all BS who cares what he has to say?
Well..... it's better then reading about basketball...

Old
05-13-2004, 02:06 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Hey, I lived in Houston and Austin for a few yrs, growing up a Suburbanite NYer... and when they interview the brainless in the street, I've heard a thousand times, straight from the mouth of some toothless fiend:

"I just vote straight republican"... from people who couldn't SPELL republican... it's rediculous.

Old
05-13-2004, 02:33 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

I think Flyer and Ranger fans can agree that Larry Brooks is captain clueless.

Old
05-13-2004, 04:01 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT
Hey, I lived in Houston and Austin for a few yrs, growing up a Suburbanite NYer... and when they interview the brainless in the street, I've heard a thousand times, straight from the mouth of some toothless fiend:

"I just vote straight republican"... from people who couldn't SPELL republican... it's rediculous.

Its very common in the south and the west. When you got good ol' boys and cowboys roaming around.

Kinda funny actually. The people who took the longest accepting anyone who wasn't white and named "Bob" or "Smith" vote for the party that traditionally had the hardest time in granting rights to minorities and women. Gotta love it

I think both parties have HUGE flaws but I've noticed in my 25 years on this planet that as a whole {all over the country} Republicans tend to be the most "diehard" without really having a logical reason why. Both parties have people who live in fantasy world in terms of accomplishment but ANY party that can make Reagan and both Bush's seem like hero's has to be putting some big time blinders on.

But it's def. a lot more prevelant in the South and West. That's one reason why I'm getting tired of Las Vegas. The good ol' boys and the cowboys just get to you after a while. They fit the typical truck driving, beer drinking, loud talking, flag haggin, anglo saxon bearing, testosterine BS that other countries have come to love and admire over the years.

Nothing like sitting down to business with a european business, having them find out you're from the American west and then getting the standardized "why are you guys republican", "do you all have guns" and "do you rodeos" questions.

Another day in the life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old
05-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Bure9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Its very common in the south and the west. When you got good ol' boys and cowboys roaming around.

Kinda funny actually. The people who took the longest accepting anyone who wasn't white and named "Bob" or "Smith" vote for the party that traditionally had the hardest time in granting rights to minorities and women. Gotta love it

I think both parties have HUGE flaws but I've noticed in my 25 years on this planet that as a whole {all over the country} Republicans tend to be the most "diehard" without really having a logical reason why. Both parties have people who live in fantasy world in terms of accomplishment but ANY party that can make Reagan and both Bush's seem like hero's has to be putting some big time blinders on.

But it's def. a lot more prevelant in the South and West. That's one reason why I'm getting tired of Las Vegas. The good ol' boys and the cowboys just get to you after a while. They fit the typical truck driving, beer drinking, loud talking, flag haggin, anglo saxon bearing, testosterine BS that other countries have come to love and admire over the years.

Nothing like sitting down to business with a european business, having them find out you're from the American west and then getting the standardized "why are you guys republican", "do you all have guns" and "do you rodeos" questions.

Another day in the life. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I feel your pain. I'm stuck here in New York with a bunch of liberals who think programs like affirmative action are actually a good thing. Not only that but they support gay marriages, as well. Next thing you know they are going to want to adopt kids.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 05-13-2004 at 10:49 AM.
Old
05-13-2004, 10:36 AM
pld459666

I'm not gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure9
I feel your pain. I'm stuck here in New York with a bunch of liberals who think programs like affirmative action are actually a good thing. Not only that but they support gay marriages, as well. Next thing you know they are going to want to adopt kids.

But I see nothing wrong with two people who love each other getting married and if they are good people with morals, adopting kids isn't wrong, but that's just me, but I guess that the gay people I know are not the "typical" promiscous irresponsible people that most make them out to be.

Think about all of those monsters that take in kids for all the wrong reasons, take all of the cases that we hear about and multiply that by at least 50% and that's probably the more realistic idea of the "ideal" Man-Woman home that kids are brought into that get abused.

The Gay community that are looking to get married aren't the "in your face Queens" they are the ones that work a hard as you and I and are as morally decent as you or I and denying them the right to be married and have kids is kind of sad.

But that's just my opinion.

AND, while I myself do not vote (I don't complain either) if I did decide to vote I would vote Republican.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 05-13-2004 at 10:49 AM.
Old
05-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure9
Not only that but they support gay marriages, as well. Next thing you know they are going to want to adopt kids.
Yeah, the horror. With all the problems in the world, we shouldn't have to deal with two consenting adults who want to make a lifetime commitment to eachother. And gasp, may want to raise children in a loving environment.

Sarcasm Off.

Old
05-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I've got no problem with OT threads at all, but these politcal debates all end up going in the same direction. Take it to the political debate board.

That's a wrap.

Closed Thread