HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings offer Palffy 3-year deal worth $16-18 million dollars

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2004, 07:44 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
With alot of the contracts already gone

and the need for a 2nd line scoring winger the Rangers would be a great fit for Palffy.

3 year deal at 7 per, but annual salary of 5 million with 6 mil signing bonus.

All he does is score

I've been a fan of his since his Islanders days and would love to see him in a Rangers Jersey.

While it's true we need defence and to give our youth an opportunity to make the team, 1st and 2nd line center positions are open, 1st line LW is open (I'd pencil Balej into the 2nd line LW spot across from Palffy) 3rd line wingers are opwn to flank Holik (Ortmeyer is one, the other could very well be Garth Murray)

What I'm getting at is that there are ample opportunities for the youngsters even with Jagr and Palffy manning the RW. As for the Defence, I believe that it's more of a system thing than the individuals and if the team bought into a defensive concept the overall team defence would be much much better than it has been.

Old
05-14-2004, 02:37 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy
Nothing for nothing, but I think Palffy's already given up on the team along with Allison.
predictable statment, consider the source

Old
05-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov
Umm how so? By directly saying that he looks forward to helping out his team (Kings) next season?

If Palffy had given up, he woulda done it two seasons ago when everyone was injured. He didnt tho, instead he elevated his game and was actualy leading the league in scoring untill he got hit in the face with a puck shot by his own teamate.

DON'T ARGUE WITH KINGS FANS!!!

Hey they were the ones who last year LAUGHED at a Tucker-Sundin for Allison Deadmarsh proposal.

They know all :-)

Old
05-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Not taking anything away from Alfredson but Palffy is a higher caliber player than him.
Ya last year you said and I quote. Allison is a better player than Sundin

As much as I hate any Sens player....Alfreddson is a better all around player than Ziggy. And if you went to 30 teams and offered one or the other for free. Crusty would be picked by at least 20 teams

Old
05-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Quote:
If teams like the Wings and Leafs have that much payroll available they would sign Palffy.
I'd much rather have Demitra which I think has a possibilty of happening. You can keep your PPG and always injured players

Old
05-14-2004, 05:38 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
and the need for a 2nd line scoring winger the Rangers would be a great fit for Palffy.

All he does is score

I've been a fan of his since his Islanders days and would love to see him in a Rangers Jersey.

While it's true we need defence and to give our youth an opportunity to make the team, 1st and 2nd line center positions are open, 1st line LW is open (I'd pencil Balej into the 2nd line LW spot across from Palffy) 3rd line wingers are opwn to flank Holik (Ortmeyer is one, the other could very well be Garth Murray)

What I'm getting at is that there are ample opportunities for the youngsters even with Jagr and Palffy manning the RW. As for the Defence, I believe that it's more of a system thing than the individuals and if the team bought into a defensive concept the overall team defence would be much much better than it has been.
Haven't you Rangers fans learned anything yet?

Old
05-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666

All he does is score

I think we've all seen this before..

Old
05-15-2004, 12:48 AM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666

Hey they were the ones who last year LAUGHED at a Tucker-Sundin for Allison Deadmarsh proposal.

and if Deadmarsh and Allison were healthy I would still laugh at that proposal

Old
05-15-2004, 12:51 AM
kingbrath

Quote:

As much as I hate any Sens player....Alfreddson is a better all around player than Ziggy. And if you went to 30 teams and offered one or the other for free. Crusty would be picked by at least 20 teams

That is mainly your opinion, both players have outstanding skill ,Alfy may be better defensively, but it would be hard to state that he is a better point producer...so in saying that it would be hard to judge which teams out of 30 would take who!

Old
05-15-2004, 03:55 AM
Frolov

Quote:

How were we suposed to predict injuries?

If both Allison and Deadmarsh were healthy I'd still laugh at the proposal.

Old
05-15-2004, 03:58 AM
Frolov

Quote:

Last year I said Allison is a better player? Sure I think a helathy Allison is a better player but...how can you quote something I said when I never said it and I wasn't around here last year to say it. So stop taking **** out of your ass.

And you think Alfy is a better player..ok that's your opinion.
Heres what others think:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=77614

Closed Thread