HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

CCS Final Rankings Released

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2004, 01:43 AM
  #26
Hiishawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Out there somewhere
Posts: 1,197
vCash: 500
By the way, CSS doesn't do a lot of of cross-league scouting. As a result you can find entire leagues/countries whose players seem to be over/underrated. CSS insiders have told me that this is sometimes a problem when compiling final results.

This year I'd say that the USHL/US18s and NCAA are getting the short stick, about 90% are underrated IMO- possibly Sweden too. The fact that the US won the World U18s means you should expect some of those players to be very high- but almost no one is- Where are Porter, Kolarik, Auffrey, Schneider, Klubertanz?

Hiishawk is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 01:48 AM
  #27
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,323
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by steblick
By the way, CSS doesn't do a lot of of cross-league scouting. As a result you can find entire leagues/countries whose players seem to be over/underrated. CSS insiders have told me that this is sometimes a problem when compiling final results.

This year I'd say that the USHL/US18s and NCAA are getting the short stick, about 90% are underrated IMO- possibly Sweden too. The fact that the US won the World U18s means you should expect some of those players to be very high- but almost no one is- Where are Porter, Kolarik, Auffrey, Schneider, Klubertanz?
They lost to russia in the final last I checked and Canada has most of their better players still playing in the CHL. I think thats the same tourney you are talking about.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 01:51 AM
  #28
PASSEPapa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,272
vCash: 500
Viva Loic Lacasse

PASSEPapa is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 02:12 AM
  #29
Vlad The Impaler
Registered User
 
Vlad The Impaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonDrop_27
Does anyone even put any stock into the CSB anymore??
I do.

Vlad The Impaler is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 02:14 AM
  #30
Vlad The Impaler
Registered User
 
Vlad The Impaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steblick
CSS's rankings are no more or less strange than any individual NHL clubs rankings. I guarantee that you could look at all 30 NHL team's rankings and constantly be saying "Huh?!?!? Whazzat!?!?!".
Yup. And by that same token, the persons doing the "huh?" and the "whazzat?" would also have lists that other people would find just as weird and ****ed up too.

Vlad The Impaler is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 02:39 AM
  #31
Hiishawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Out there somewhere
Posts: 1,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
They lost to russia in the final last I checked and Canada has most of their better players still playing in the CHL. I think thats the same tourney you are talking about.
My mistake- I should have said "made the final"- but the point still stands. Canada's situation at the U18s has/had no relation to what I wrote.

Hiishawk is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 02:44 AM
  #32
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,323
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Actually it does, had Canada had a strong enough team it probably wouldn't have been USA makeing it to the final. Not getting to the final would only be an ok year opposed to winning the under 18 like you mistakenly said. I am reaching but then again it is 3:46 am.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 09:57 AM
  #33
The Sneak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Georgia
Country: Jersey
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Anyone care to try their hand at mixing the lists? To make a combined top 30 without regard to draft positions or projected team needs? Just who are the most talented eligible players? For instance, is Ladd the 3rd best overall? 5th? How would you shuffle this lists?

The Sneak is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 11:07 AM
  #34
West
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes Rage
Anyone care to try their hand at mixing the lists? To make a combined top 30 without regard to draft positions or projected team needs? Just who are the most talented eligible players? For instance, is Ladd the 3rd best overall? 5th? How would you shuffle this lists?
If I had to keep the CS's order intact my top 30 would look something like this...

Alex Ovechkin
Yevgeny Malkin
Andrew Ladd
Cam Barker
Rostislav Olesz
Alex Picard
Kyle Chipchura
Marek Schwarz
Lauri Tukonen
Wojtek Wolski
Andrej Meszaros
Boris Valabik
Drew Stafford
Alvaro Montoya
Johan Fransson
Dave Bolland
Mike Green
Viktor Alexandrov
Alex Radulov
Robbie Schremp
AJ Thelen
Petteri Nokelainen
Jeff Schultz
Sergie Ogorodnikov
Devan Dubnyk
Lauri Korpikoski
Kyle Wharton
Enver Lisin
Lukas Kaspar
Bruce Graham

My actual top 30 would definitely have Adam Berti, Wes O'Niell and Carl Soderberg(sp) on it and at least 20 other minor adjustments.

West is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 12:01 PM
  #35
Flames Draft Watcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes Rage
Anyone care to try their hand at mixing the lists? To make a combined top 30 without regard to draft positions or projected team needs? Just who are the most talented eligible players? For instance, is Ladd the 3rd best overall? 5th? How would you shuffle this lists?
Last year I combined Redline, THN, CSS and something else and will probably do it again when I have all the final lists. What it does is give you a "consensus" list.

Ended up predicting the top 9 perfectly. But then guys like Getzlaf fell from their consensus top 12 ranking...

Flames Draft Watcher is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 12:25 PM
  #36
Comrie_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Qc
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Last year I combined Redline, THN, CSS and something else and will probably do it again when I have all the final lists. What it does is give you a "consensus" list.

Ended up predicting the top 9 perfectly. But then guys like Getzlaf fell from their consensus top 12 ranking...
Stanilav Lascek is not in the CSB final ranking why ????

Comrie_fan is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 07:13 PM
  #37
McCabeW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Michal Valent

Went from #10 to #3 for Euro goalies in final rankings. Well deserved! Played amazing in Belarus.

McCabeW is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 07:48 PM
  #38
sushinsky4tsar
Registered User
 
sushinsky4tsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Edina, MN
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Last year I combined Redline, THN, CSS and something else and will probably do it again when I have all the final lists. What it does is give you a "consensus" list.

Ended up predicting the top 9 perfectly. But then guys like Getzlaf fell from their consensus top 12 ranking...
Anybody know when the final Redline and THN will be out?

sushinsky4tsar is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 08:11 PM
  #39
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: South Cackalacky
Posts: 52,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by West
If I had to keep the CS's order intact my top 30 would look something like this...

Alex Ovechkin
Yevgeny Malkin
Andrew Ladd
Cam Barker
Rostislav Olesz
Alex Picard
Kyle Chipchura
Marek Schwarz
Lauri Tukonen
Wojtek Wolski
Andrej Meszaros
Boris Valabik
Drew Stafford
Alvaro Montoya
Johan Fransson
Dave Bolland
Mike Green
Viktor Alexandrov
Alex Radulov
Robbie Schremp
AJ Thelen
Petteri Nokelainen
Jeff Schultz
Sergie Ogorodnikov
Devan Dubnyk
Lauri Korpikoski
Kyle Wharton
Enver Lisin
Lukas Kaspar
Bruce Graham

My actual top 30 would definitely have Adam Berti, Wes O'Niell and Carl Soderberg(sp) on it and at least 20 other minor adjustments.
You missed Ladislav Smid.

Epsilon is online now  
Old
05-14-2004, 05:52 AM
  #40
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
I am curious to now, why Johan Fransson is so high (7.) to that European list? What he has ever done? He is only 4 month younger than Sami Lepisto and maybe little taller, but Lepisto has shown much more than Fransson.

IFK is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 06:31 AM
  #41
An Ape called Yoko
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Gothenborg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
Fransson opted out last year...

An Ape called Yoko is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 06:42 AM
  #42
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 21,168
vCash: 500
Fransson has tremendous wheels and dominated late in the SEL. His skating is the best I´ve seen in a while...

Ola is online now  
Old
05-14-2004, 07:05 AM
  #43
An Ape called Yoko
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Gothenborg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
Agreed. Franssons play was outstanding. He dominated and was the best defenseman on the team last games even outshining Tuuka Myntälä.

An Ape called Yoko is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 07:09 AM
  #44
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Fransson has tremendous wheels and dominated late in the SEL. His skating is the best I´ve seen in a while...
Dominated SEL? I never seen him play but if he dominated SEL why he isnt Swedes WC team? I am curious to now if he dominated SEL, then where is his points? Ok, maybe he is good but don´t look at all that he is 7th to Europeans when look his points. I now thats not all but look that he isn´t never do much points so how we could wait that he do better later. Maybe he is stay-at-home defender, but do that, he is IMO too small.

IFK is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 07:30 AM
  #45
An Ape called Yoko
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Gothenborg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
because the only two non NHL-defenseman who took place on the team was
Per Hållberg and Ronnie Sundin. Eventually Per Hållberg was the only one left.

And Fransson is excellent offensively and produced only one goal less than Lepisto even though he played lesser amount of games in SEL.

Fransson is the most talented d-man from Luleå since Öhlund. Fransson would most likely have been a regular in Luleå SEL 2002-2003 season if his season hadn´t been spoiled by injuries.


Last edited by An Ape called Yoko: 05-14-2004 at 07:42 AM.
An Ape called Yoko is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 08:47 AM
  #46
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 21,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFK
Dominated SEL? I never seen him play but if he dominated SEL why he isnt Swedes WC team? I am curious to now if he dominated SEL, then where is his points? Ok, maybe he is good but don´t look at all that he is 7th to Europeans when look his points. I now thats not all but look that he isn´t never do much points so how we could wait that he do better later. Maybe he is stay-at-home defender, but do that, he is IMO too small.
Luleå had several injuries on there D late in the season, played one game with 4 d´s for ex, and Fransson had a great finnish in the regular season.

He is one of the best skaters I´ve seen on a hockey rink. He got a effort less stride and just flys on the ice. Reads the game well, has good hands and a good shoot. He missed most of last year with a broken leg but rumors says that Montreal still was interested to pick him but he opted out. Had a concussion in the playoffs this year. He has not had a impressive international showing yet. Had three goals this year in the WJC but Swedish coach new that his team could not compete this year talant wise with the top four teams and Fransson was not allowed to step up the ice allot. However dominated offensivly late in games when Sweden trailed against the top teams... Ex national team coach Hans "virus" Lindberg said that he is the best young defensemen he has seen since Niklas Lidstrom.

Ola is online now  
Old
05-14-2004, 11:07 AM
  #47
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 25,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCabeW
Went from #10 to #3 for Euro goalies in final rankings. Well deserved! Played amazing in Belarus.
I agree, he'll go higher than people have rated him, very underrated.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 11:18 AM
  #48
Hiishawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Out there somewhere
Posts: 1,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
I agree, he'll go higher than people have rated him, very underrated.
Ditto. I was in a position where I was thinking I was the only guy who had seen the potential in this guy and therefore maybe I had caught only a few of his better games and was way off- but kudos are starting to come in from all over. Now everyone seems to be talking about (in hushed tones).

Sleeper 2nd round pick?

Hiishawk is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 11:50 AM
  #49
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 25,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steblick
Ditto. I was in a position where I was thinking I was the only guy who had seen the potential in this guy and therefore maybe I had caught only a few of his better games and was way off- but kudos are starting to come in from all over. Now everyone seems to be talking about (in hushed tones).

Sleeper 2nd round pick?
I'm not sure, but it's possible. He's part of the 2nd tier of goalies - Akerlund, Brown, Shantz, Peters, Glass, Pogge, Houle, Ramo - these players will most likely go off the board starting in the mid 2nd.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 03:46 PM
  #50
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Luleå had several injuries on there D late in the season, played one game with 4 d´s for ex, and Fransson had a great finnish in the regular season.

He is one of the best skaters I´ve seen on a hockey rink. He got a effort less stride and just flys on the ice. Reads the game well, has good hands and a good shoot. He missed most of last year with a broken leg but rumors says that Montreal still was interested to pick him but he opted out. Had a concussion in the playoffs this year. He has not had a impressive international showing yet. Had three goals this year in the WJC but Swedish coach new that his team could not compete this year talant wise with the top four teams and Fransson was not allowed to step up the ice allot. However dominated offensivly late in games when Sweden trailed against the top teams... Ex national team coach Hans "virus" Lindberg said that he is the best young defensemen he has seen since Niklas Lidstrom.
Thanks alot. Looks like Sweden has one of very good prospect in long time, who has big upside and that is very nice thing to hear. You dont have meny of those like players for a while.

When that Linberg say that best young defenseman since Lidstrom thing, do he mean all prospects on the world or only defenders from Sweden?

IFK is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.