HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Loudest you've heard the Garden?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2010, 06:25 AM
  #1
Matteau Matteau
Registered User
 
Matteau Matteau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Loudest you've heard the Garden?



Got the thread idea from the Flyers forum (went over this morning to enjoy some of their suffering). In person, what game or specific moment caused the most crowd noise you've ever heard?

For me, on the one moment question, it was Zherdev's goal with 8.1 left against the Pens. Absolutely staggering volume. The place went effing NUTS -- I hugged strangers and everyone was beyond elated.



In terms of consistent volume, it was the playoff game against the Caps last year (game 4 if I recall) where we eeked out a 2 - 1 win. The place was filled with deafening noise from the start to the finish.

What's yours?

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:48 AM
  #2
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,945
vCash: 350
What an amazing goal for Zherdev. I'll never forget that game it's one of my all time favorites.

Slightly off topic: Zherdev was CLEARLY a significantly more offensively talented player than anyone on that team, and even this years team aside from Gaborik. He's announced he's coming back to the NHL. We need to make it a top priority to sign him. We would have a VERY affordable 1-2 offensive punch that we lack in Gabs and Zherdev. Both of which scored a lot considering no one helped them. Together these guys would be magic on ice. I can give a million reasons why signing Zherdev again is infinitely better than not doing so.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 07:38 AM
  #3
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
The loudest I've ever heard the Garden - Stanley Cup finals 1994. Deafening - from the National Anthem on.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 08:13 AM
  #4
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,523
vCash: 500
I wasn't there, but 1994 game 7. Since I've started going to Rangers games, I'd say the Rangers Devils game where the Rangers scored 3 goals in 90 seconds. Was absolutely insane in there.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 08:24 AM
  #5
Matteau Matteau
Registered User
 
Matteau Matteau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I wasn't there, but 1994 game 7. Since I've started going to Rangers games, I'd say the Rangers Devils game where the Rangers scored 3 goals in 90 seconds. Was absolutely insane in there.
The one on Sat. February 6th? I was there too! Place went insane on those three quick goals, and they were all gorgeous goals.

Best, loudest, most thunderous echoing "MAAAAAAAAARTYYYYYYY" chants I've ever heard.

Plus, these d-bag loudmouth Devils fans were acting incredibly arrogant before the goal explosion. It was fun busting their chops after. And fun watching them scurry out early with tails tucked, off to catch the trains back to Jersey.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 09:09 AM
  #6
nyrangers21
Registered User
 
nyrangers21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
For me, the Zherdev goal was definitly one of them... best game ever in person.

But the loudest for me was opening night, the season after Richter retired... He came out to drop the first puck, and the place went ballistic. Just unreal, and the anouncer actually had to tell everyone to be seated and to slow the applause becuase it was going on for so long.

But you could barely hear the anouncer anyway lol.

nyrangers21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 09:17 AM
  #7
rangergiant
Registered User
 
rangergiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Game 5 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals during the national anthem. At that point in the series we were up 3-1 and everyone thought that was the night. I was sitting in 341 at that time and I can vividly remember not hearing the national anthem at all. i had no idea when it started or ended. It was just deafening. By the time it came back here for Game 7, everyone was quite nerved up and the crowd was more nervous than expectant like they were for game 5. For reference I was at the Matteau game too, but nothing beat that anthem for game 5 in terms of sustained loudness.

rangergiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 09:18 AM
  #8
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau View Post
The one on Sat. February 6th? I was there too! Place went insane on those three quick goals, and they were all gorgeous goals.

Best, loudest, most thunderous echoing "MAAAAAAAAARTYYYYYYY" chants I've ever heard.

Plus, these d-bag loudmouth Devils fans were acting incredibly arrogant before the goal explosion. It was fun busting their chops after. And fun watching them scurry out early with tails tucked, off to catch the trains back to Jersey.

I was at that game as well. I haven't had the luxury of being in the building for many "big" games but I was there for Game 4 when we finished off the sweep of the Thrashers. I wasn't too impressed suprisingly. Atleast none of my memories from that have to do with the atmosphere.

I will say that the last home game of the season this year against the Flyers, the place was awesome. Simply awesome.

I had a few too many drinks in a rather short period of time (damn Lincoln Tunnel traffic making me late) and ended up having some rather entertaining moments with Rangers and Flyers fans alike.

But the atmosphere in the building that night was incredible.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:00 AM
  #9
Matteau Matteau
Registered User
 
Matteau Matteau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebadguy View Post
Game 5 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals during the national anthem. At that point in the series we were up 3-1 and everyone thought that was the night. I was sitting in 341 at that time and I can vividly remember not hearing the national anthem at all. i had no idea when it started or ended. It was just deafening. By the time it came back here for Game 7, everyone was quite nerved up and the crowd was more nervous than expectant like they were for game 5. For reference I was at the Matteau game too, but nothing beat that anthem for game 5 in terms of sustained loudness.
Got to see the Matteau game in person? NICE!

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:07 AM
  #10
Garfinkel1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
What an amazing goal for Zherdev. I'll never forget that game it's one of my all time favorites.

Slightly off topic: Zherdev was CLEARLY a significantly more offensively talented player than anyone on that team, and even this years team aside from Gaborik. He's announced he's coming back to the NHL. We need to make it a top priority to sign him. We would have a VERY affordable 1-2 offensive punch that we lack in Gabs and Zherdev. Both of which scored a lot considering no one helped them. Together these guys would be magic on ice. I can give a million reasons why signing Zherdev again is infinitely better than not doing so.
Agreed. I've been saying resign him, bring him back etc.. for a while. The guys attitude can be fixed. The Talent is there and I would love to see a second line re-uniting Dubi + Zherdev. Maybe throw in either Cally or Avery (They did play together on that top line with Jagr two-3 years ago...).

Prospal-Christensen-Gaborik
Avery-Dubi-Zherdev
Cally-AA-(Drury?)
Prust-Boyle-Shelley

That would be pretty solid.

Now, in my dream world (KEEP IN MIND - THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE)..
Zherdev-Christensen-Gaborik
Avery-Dubi-Jagr

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
  #11
we want cup
Ants in the Pants
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 500
Last home game of the 06-07 season against Montreal. Clinched our playoff spot that night, with goals from Pru, Jagr (GWG), and...... Malik?

Jagr got his 30th of the season, we clinched a playoff spot, and then the Blueshirts off Our Backs ceremony occurred. There were a lot of really fun moments that night, and the place was absolutely rocking.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:24 AM
  #12
DaBadGuy7
Registered User
 
DaBadGuy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Newark,NJ
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DaBadGuy7
Clip sound doesn't do it justice but was loud when i first saw it:

DaBadGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:41 AM
  #13
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
This year rangers devils when we lost 1-0 in shoot out when marty and hank each had like 50 saves. going into the shoot out was the loudest mmmmmaaaaarrrrrttttyyyyy chant ever

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:44 AM
  #14
SaveByLundqvist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
I was too young to be in the garden in 1994 but the loudest moments for me rank like this.

1. Rosie's OT goal game 3 against Buffalo. I was there with my grandpa whose a huge Ranger fan and hadn't been in the Garden in a longtime so it was a special game to me, when Rosie scored that goal it was like the garden was shaking.

2. Shanny's goal in game 4 against the Sabres. It was a big win, and the game was intense with Briere almost tying it at the end.

3. Zherdev's Late goal against the Pens.

4. The 3 goal in 90 seconds comeback against the devils in the 06-07 season. People were still coming back to their seats and dancing in the hallways it was cool.

I was lucky to be at quite a few special games at the Garden.

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:50 AM
  #15
SaveByLundqvist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
I really don't remember too well cause it was quite sometime ago, but in the "dark years" of Rangers hockey, the home opener after September 11th the crowd was very very loud. That was an emotional night its one of the only games i remember going to back then, I think it was against the Habs or the Sabres.

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:53 AM
  #16
DaBadGuy7
Registered User
 
DaBadGuy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Newark,NJ
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DaBadGuy7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveByLundqvist View Post
I was too young to be in the garden in 1994 but the loudest moments for me rank like this.

1. Rosie's OT goal game 3 against Buffalo. I was there with my grandpa whose a huge Ranger fan and hadn't been in the Garden in a longtime so it was a special game to me, when Rosie scored that goal it was like the garden was shaking.

2. Shanny's goal in game 4 against the Sabres. It was a big win, and the game was intense with Briere almost tying it at the end.

3. Zherdev's Late goal against the Pens.

4. The 3 goal in 90 seconds comeback against the devils in the 06-07 season. People were still coming back to their seats and dancing in the hallways it was cool.

I was lucky to be at quite a few special games at the Garden.
Just imagine if the Rangers had gotten by Buffalo in the second round, how loud would the Garden have been in the conference finals against the Senators

DaBadGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:56 AM
  #17
SaveByLundqvist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBadGuy7 View Post
Just imagine if the Rangers had gotten by Buffalo in the second round, how loud would the Garden have been in the conference finals against the Senators
I know... that playoff run was the best I actually felt like they had a chance. I was freaking out in the dying minutes of game 5 until Drury pulled off his biggest moment in Rangers playoff hockey uhhhh i still kinda hate Drury for that....

Btw love the Razor Ramon reference in your name.

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:04 AM
  #18
rangergiant
Registered User
 
rangergiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau View Post
Got to see the Matteau game in person? NICE!
Yeah. That was a terrific thrill. I got lucky it was my first season with tickets. I had a mini plan, which in those days got you full playoff rights. I was 21 at that time and it was the Friday before Memorial day weekend and I wanted to get out of there quickly after the game to get to the shore so I saw the devil zelepukin 7.7 second goal on a monitor in the concourse. It was a long walk back to the seats! Overtime was really impossible to watch. I just sat through that 1st OT in silence. The place was stunned. When they finally won it was euphoria, never seen the garden or any arena like that whole sections were hugging in gigantic piles.

I say this all the time, it was the greatest single moment of my life. In that instant I have never been happier. I was there for the cup. I was at Aaron Boone's HR and the 1996 WS Clincher. I was at Super Bowl 42. Finding out I passed the CPA exam and the Bar Exam. My Wedding. Birth of a Son and Daughter. Nothing will ever top being there for Matteau.

rangergiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:05 AM
  #19
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveByLundqvist View Post
I was too young to be in the garden in 1994 but the loudest moments for me rank like this.

1. Rosie's OT goal game 3 against Buffalo. I was there with my grandpa whose a huge Ranger fan and hadn't been in the Garden in a longtime so it was a special game to me, when Rosie scored that goal it was like the garden was shaking.

2. Shanny's goal in game 4 against the Sabres. It was a big win, and the game was intense with Briere almost tying it at the end.

Since going to game these were my favorite moments. The Rosie goal was so unexpected, and Buffalo almost won the game on a Drury wrap like 20 seconds before the goal. Also loved the game 4 Shanny goal because that was our first two goal lead in the series, and that last for like 10 seconds haha.

17futurecap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:08 AM
  #20
DaBadGuy7
Registered User
 
DaBadGuy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Newark,NJ
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DaBadGuy7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveByLundqvist View Post
I know... that playoff run was the best I actually felt like they had a chance. I was freaking out in the dying minutes of game 5 until Drury pulled off his biggest moment in Rangers playoff hockey uhhhh i still kinda hate Drury for that....

Btw love the Razor Ramon reference in your name.
lol thanks I had him as my avatar....idk what happen to it though . Anyway, yeah if Drury doesn't score Rangers probably win that series and we probably would not have signed him either .

DaBadGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:08 AM
  #21
allstar3970
Registered User
 
allstar3970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
loudest i've actually been in the building for was '08 playoffs game 4 vs. the Devils. Staal scores the game winner on Marty with 3 minutes or so left, 2 nights after the OT winner deflected off his skate into his own net. The place came unglued.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:17 AM
  #22
Matteau Matteau
Registered User
 
Matteau Matteau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2417 View Post
This year rangers devils when we lost 1-0 in shoot out when marty and hank each had like 50 saves. going into the shoot out was the loudest mmmmmaaaaarrrrrttttyyyyy chant ever
That game was nuts...it felt like an Eastern Finals game.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:17 AM
  #23
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau View Post


Got the thread idea from the Flyers forum (went over this morning to enjoy some of their suffering). In person, what game or specific moment caused the most crowd noise you've ever heard?

For me, on the one moment question, it was Zherdev's goal with 8.1 left against the Pens. Absolutely staggering volume. The place went effing NUTS -- I hugged strangers and everyone was beyond elated.



In terms of consistent volume, it was the playoff game against the Caps last year (game 4 if I recall) where we eeked out a 2 - 1 win. The place was filled with deafening noise from the start to the finish.

What's yours?
nice

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:18 AM
  #24
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,578
vCash: 500
Loudest Ranger game was game 7 ecf 1994

loudest ever was The Grateful Dead breaking out St Stephen in 1983... of course drugs could have had something to do with that memory

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:26 AM
  #25
SaveByLundqvist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
loudest i've actually been in the building for was '08 playoffs game 4 vs. the Devils. Staal scores the game winner on Marty with 3 minutes or so left, 2 nights after the OT winner deflected off his skate into his own net. The place came unglued.
Ahhh this was a good one too, that game was so back and forth. That goal completely shut up the devils fan in my section. It was like redemption for Staal (the game 3 ot winner by madden went off his skate) and then to top things off Madden wins the faceoff into his own net to seal the deal!

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.