Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Robin Lehner interview

Old
04-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 500
Robin Lehner interview

I thought I'd post it here, he seems to have some very interesting things to say about Frolunda and Swedish Hockey.

http://www.hockeysverige.se/news_sho...tml?id=9738370

I translated it thru google for myself, so don't be surprised if I'm totally wrong haha

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 02:14 AM
GoHomez

No, I dont think you got it wrong.
He is pretty disappointed about how Frolunda treated him and chose to play in NA.

It is tough for goalies breaking into SEL or NHL and most other senior leagues for that matter. Young goalies needs a lot of playing time to develop and if your paired with a guy like Johan Holmqvist, earning big money after coming "home" from NHL, you will likely not see a lot of action.

I am glad for Lehner he took the chance and went with it.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 10:32 AM
KRM

Our goalie situation is friggin embarrassing. I've never seen a goalie being more mistreated then Idoff was this season. But on the other hand, Lehner's father was the goalie coach this season and he only trained with Holmqvist, Idoff didn't get any assistance from what I've heard. Something is rotten.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 04:15 PM
joe89

Some questionable things going on in FHC for sure. Lehner should've been given a chance to play in tier2 or something(unless he was ofc but said no), that's how you keep good junior players with no spot in Elitserien developing. Playing against men, not overly high skill level, but a good environment to develop in especially for goaltenders as the game is more back and forth in Allsvenskan.

I'm sick and tired about all the age talk, it's one thing in the NHL but Elitserien is a slowass league, with limited physical play. What's wrong with having Markström and Lindbäck as your starter? They sure are better than most if not the best. At least Brynäs realizes the young goalies are just as good and signs Modig and Svedberg that are works in progress but perfectly capable to excel with a good goaltending coach.

Almtuna with the best season overall(imo) in Elitserien/Allsvenskan used a freaking -91 born goalie. Who cares what their age is..stupid mentality.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 04:25 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Some questionable things going on in FHC for sure. Lehner should've been given a chance to play in tier2 or something(unless he was ofc but said no), that's how you keep good junior players with no spot in Elitserien developing.
That I'm pretty sure he was, but didn't want to. It basically comes down to that the organisation choose to go with Idoff over Lehner, not a bad decision IMO, but it's ridiculous that Idoff only got to start in one game, one single game (where he played really well btw). What makes it worse is that Lehner came in as a goalie coach, and apparently didn't work with Idoff.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:51 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
That I'm pretty sure he was, but didn't want to. It basically comes down to that the organisation choose to go with Idoff over Lehner, not a bad decision IMO, but it's ridiculous that Idoff only got to start in one game, one single game (where he played really well btw). What makes it worse is that Lehner came in as a goalie coach, and apparently didn't work with Idoff.
Not to mention Holmqvist wasn't even good. I know FHC had some serious defensive struggles along the way, but among starters he was 11th in svs%, and the only one without a single shutout. I'm not gonna tell a FHC fan things about his team as I see them 7-8 times a season + playoffs but you'd think that another goalie should've been given a chance. Looks like Idoff did fairly well in the game he played so why not. What happened to Idoff when Törnqvist came btw? Another braindead signing, as he was barely good enough to be the backup in Almtuna.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 04:36 PM
SpezDispenser

We had a really good interview with Robin as well - really straight shooting guy. Great character!

http://www.gmhockey.com/ottawa-senat...ghlight=lehner

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Jared Cowen 2010

Can't wait to see him with the SENS in a year or two.

Jared Cowen 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Oslo

Great character!

The kid dropped at off school at they age off 13(or something similar) and is more or less considered problem everywhere he goes. Quite fanny that he criticizes VF when he actually got alot favoritism as long as his father was they goalie coach in VF....btw he was offered a spot at BHC, but he him self didn't want play there.

Oslo is offline   Reply With Quote