Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Skate Edges and Ice

06-08-2010, 10:01 AM
vCash: 500
Skate Edges and Ice

I've been skating on this ice surface and its been hard not to lose my edge and fall to the ice. I havn't really had this problem on other ice surfaces and was wondering if I should go with a different hollow, not sure if this ice is harder or softer. Right now I have been gettin 1/2 inch. Any ideas?

B187 is offline   Reply With Quote
06-08-2010, 10:59 AM
[insert joke here]
You might just need a fresh sharpening. If you haven't sharpened them up recently, have that done first.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
06-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Pog Form
What Jeff said. But if you ARE on a fresh sharpening and are still having this problem, it could very well be that the ice you're skating on is a little harder than you're used to. In that case, it might be a good idea to go a little deeper with your hollow. I would suggest 7/16 (if your sharpener will do it--some won't) as I find the jump from 1/2 to 3/8 to be a little too drastic.

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote