HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Reeboknhl.com jerseys

Old
05-12-2010, 03:49 PM
funserious

vCash: 500
Reeboknhl.com jerseys

Not sure if this is the right section, but has anyone ever bought anything from here? I know they're knockoffs, but the quality looks pretty decent... anyone have any thoughts/experience?

funserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 04:55 PM
hof2120

Well the Flyers jerseys look like absolute dog **** in the pictures if that helps.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Hogie

Most fake jerseys are made in the same place, or so you would imagine. It's pot luck really

I bought one from another site just to train in & although it looks OK, the colours aren't quite right & the stitching started to frey after a few washes

Which one are you looking at?

Hogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 09:52 AM
funserious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyBushy View Post
Most fake jerseys are made in the same place, or so you would imagine. It's pot luck really

I bought one from another site just to train in & although it looks OK, the colours aren't quite right & the stitching started to frey after a few washes

Which one are you looking at?

Canadiens Cammalleri

Looks actually pretty decent, probably unnoticeable differences.

Old
05-13-2010, 10:21 AM
hof2120

I've read the Habs are really against the wearing of fake jerseys at their games, may be something to keep in mind.

Old
05-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Danrik
It is what it is.

I'm sure all the teams are against fake jerseys. They don't make any money off of them.

Danrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Kenadyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
I've read the Habs are really against the wearing of fake jerseys at their games, may be something to keep in mind.
Be that as it may, it would be bad business to prevent people who have paid for their tickets from entering the arena because they are wearing a "fake jersey".

Somehow I also don't think the Canadiens are hiring "jersey police" at their arena, either.

They may be "against" it, but what are they going to do about it?

As the next poster states, I'm sure all teams are against it (as they don't make money off of them), but they also have to realize that people on limited budgets can't necessarily spend $400 on a "real" jersey.

To the original poster: If you like the Canadiens Cammalleri jersey, I say go for it. And wear it proudly to the games.

Kenadyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 01:17 PM
macgyverthatshiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
Who cares, they are French Canadien.

macgyverthatshiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 01:36 PM
funserious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenadyan View Post
Be that as it may, it would be bad business to prevent people who have paid for their tickets from entering the arena because they are wearing a "fake jersey".

Somehow I also don't think the Canadiens are hiring "jersey police" at their arena, either.

They may be "against" it, but what are they going to do about it?

As the next poster states, I'm sure all teams are against it (as they don't make money off of them), but they also have to realize that people on limited budgets can't necessarily spend $400 on a "real" jersey.

To the original poster: If you like the Canadiens Cammalleri jersey, I say go for it. And wear it proudly to the games.

Won't be traveling to Montreal anytime soon, sorry :p

but yeah, they seem okay. haha

Old
05-13-2010, 10:27 PM
hof2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
Aren't the Canadiens giving $100 discounts for people that trade in fake jerseys?
Yep. So buy a few, trade em in and with the money buy a real one.

Old
05-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

Personally, most of them look absolutely terrible, and you look like an idiot for wearing such a terrible knockoff. Seriously, save an extra $100 and at least get a replica, so you don't look like a moron. Wait for a birthday or something if you have to, or at least buy some other kind of team merchandise.

You can buy one of these every year, since they fall apart after a few washes, or you can buy a replica that will last you for a LONG time. Think about it.

P.S. You are also, undoubtedly, contributing to a sweat shop in China with this purchase....

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenadyan View Post
You don't have to spend $400 on an authentic jersey. I work in licensed retail, and authentic jerseys are not even 1% of our business. Replica jerseys are where the business is at. They are $130 blank and roughly $200 with a name and number.

The Canadiens were offering $50 rebates on replicas and $100 rebates on authentics for trading in a fake jersey. However, the deal ended on April 30.

I also understand that even a replica jersey is not in everybody's price range. That's why we offer t-shirts, hoodies, and other apparel. Think about where your money could be going if you buy from illegal counterfeiters.

Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote