HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Panthers Fighter Ever.

Old
05-12-2010, 03:42 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthertod View Post
Hordichuck smacked Worrell of that list too.
Yep!

Also, if I would've had to place my money on Laus v Worrell, woulda been Laus.

Poll down to two...

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 04:55 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
I would call for a poll but I'm guessing that most here would pick Laus because they like him better, not because he would be a better bet in a fight.

Poll should be:
If your were to use your own hard earned cash to bet on a fighter, which would it be?

-Paul Laus
-Steve MacIntyre
-Peter Worrell

Mac smacked Wade Belak off the list.
Mac would beat Laus in a fight. I have no doubt about that. He is much bigger and stronger. But Laus is a better enforcer because he was a serviceable d-man.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 07:17 PM
harv3317

bottom line, i'd like to see mac play more than 2 minutes a game and more than a handful of games. then we can talk. laus was the best!!!! hordichuck next, then worrell. mac could make a significant diference on this team if played regularly and smartly!!!!!!

harv3317 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 06:48 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

MacIntyre never got to fight against a true NHL heavyweight the likes of "coked up" Bob Probert or a Tony Twist just to name two. Paul Laus did. Respect

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 10:31 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
MacIntyre never got to fight against a true NHL heavyweight the likes of "coked up" Bob Probert or a Tony Twist just to name two. Paul Laus did. Respect
Yes, but that's not saying as much against Mac, for it is lucky for any fighter that you mentioned that they didn't have to fight Mac.

Harv- I was all but crying actual tears that he got such crappy crappy ice time especially when we should've been TRYING to tank!

DeBoer makes no friggin good sense to me.

Old
05-13-2010, 10:33 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

...yes!

DeBoer sucks.

He could've been using our end of season exhibition games to TRY DIFFERENT THINGS THAT MAY WORK THAT ISN'T THE SAME DAMN FAILING THINGS HE TRIED ALL YEAR.

I would put my high school coach in over this guy...and I didn't like his style neither.

Old
05-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Oye.

05-14-2010, 09:51 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Oye.

Old
05-14-2010, 09:55 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Old
05-16-2010, 01:16 AM
jol

This whole fighting thing is silly, it's just entertainment, big show.
We might as well choose who has been best stick boy for team.
What happen to all fighters when playoffs started, no need for them?
Why it is that number of fights go down when important games start?

JOL

jol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Erick

Quote:
...yes!

DeBoer sucks.

He could've been using our end of season exhibition games to TRY DIFFERENT THINGS THAT MAY WORK THAT ISN'T THE SAME DAMN FAILING THINGS HE TRIED ALL YEAR.

I would put my high school coach in over this guy...and I didn't like his style neither.
You want MacIntrye on the powerplay just because he's big. Call me crazy, but I think this is what you're trying to get at, again.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 09:11 AM
keithLGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post

JOL
The AHL is different but Mac played a big role for the Amerks in the first round of the playoffs. The team they played against tried to play a hard hitting game but with Mac in the lineup he quickly made it known there was not going to be any shenanigans.

Fighting has always been a part of hockey. The instigator penalty has caused it to be more show/entertainment.

keithLGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 10:04 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
You want MacIntrye on the powerplay just because he's big. Call me crazy, but I think this is what you're trying to get at, again.
Yes, not so crazy Erick, I would like it tried once...if even only for the sake of appeasing ME lol.

But no, I just want him played more...they all, Frolik included, play bigger with him around.
KeithLGA's first para says it as well.

Old
05-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post

JOL
No, it's not a big show, it serves a purpose. Yeah, Laus was nothing more than a stick boy, great parallel.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 01:38 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
No, it's not a big show, it serves a purpose. Yeah, Laus was nothing more than a stick boy, great parallel.
In a game where physical play is legal, but taken too far sometimes.........Laus purposefully defended teammates.

Old
05-17-2010, 01:39 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

...and now hopefully we still have Mac to uphold that purpose.

...watch, we lose him to Philadelphia.

Old
05-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Erick

Quote:
Yes, not so crazy Erick, I would like it tried once...if even only for the sake of appeasing ME lol.
But no, I just want him played more...they all, Frolik included, play bigger with him around.
KeithLGA's first para says it as well.
When was the last time that an enforcer was put on a powerplay just for being big? The only team who has done it occasionally lately is Anaheim with Parros, I think.

Old
05-17-2010, 03:01 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
When was the last time that an enforcer was put on a powerplay just for being big? The only team who has done it occasionally lately is Anaheim with Parros, I think.
Well, you know what Erick? Thank you. You kinda proved my point with the question.
I can't say I really have. Then again, I don't see enforcers ever getting credit for simply being able to handle the puck either.

That being said, for all those so gung ho on saying it won't work to the point where I am told I don't watch hockey....LOL bunch of bananas!

Why just with Parros? Y'know?
Like who else is going to stand in front to willingly take a beating?
That's what they're for. To give and take beatings.
Can't ignore that the screen is one of the most important strategic weapons in the game...why not try them?

I can't say it enough, look how much bigger they play with Mac in the line-up....and look how much bigger Kane and Toews are playing now that they have the Byf with em. ( as far as having size, nothing about ability***)
But if it's the ability that's too much (or too little for this matter), what are they doing NEAR the National Hockey League???

Old
05-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Erick

Quote:
Well, you know what Erick? Thank you. You kinda proved my point with the question.
I can't say I really have. Then again, I don't see enforcers ever getting credit for simply being able to handle the puck either.

That being said, for all those so gung ho on saying it won't work to the point where I am told I don't watch hockey....LOL bunch of bananas!

Why just with Parros? Y'know?
Like who else is going to stand in front to willingly take a beating?
That's what they're for. To give and take beatings.
Can't ignore that the screen is one of the most important strategic weapons in the game...why not try them?

I can't say it enough, look how much bigger they play with Mac in the line-up....and look how much bigger Kane and Toews are playing now that they have the Byf with em. ( as far as having size, nothing about ability***)
But if it's the ability that's too much (or too little for this matter), what are they doing NEAR the National Hockey League???
Dustin Byfuglien is not even a heavyweight enforcer, why would you even put him and Mac in the same sentence? What does "look how much bigger they play with Mac in the line-up" mean? The team's record wasn't any better with Mac in the lineup, nor did Mac ever play on a line with one of our top scorers (which seems to be your point, as you brought up Byfuglien with Toews/Kane).

Old
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

...besides, chances of landing Holmstrom, Byfuglien, or Smtyh is probably 0%

now what?

now we SHOULD find out if these people deemed appropriate enough for the NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE have enough basic hockey skills to stand around and swing at loose pucks
..."NOOOOO, THEY'RE 4TH LINERS, PUT HIM WITH WEISS?!?!? NOOOOOOO. YOU DON'T WATCH HOCKEY... "

bananas

Old
05-17-2010, 03:33 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Dustin Byfuglien is not even a heavyweight enforcer, why would you even put him and Mac in the same sentence? What does "look how much bigger they play with Mac in the line-up" mean? The team's record wasn't any better with Mac in the lineup, nor did Mac ever play on a line with one of our top scorers (which seems to be your point, as you brought up Byfuglien with Toews/Kane).
Byfuglien is 6'4 260, that's Artyukhin's size, a super heavyweight. I put superheavyweight A with superheavyweight B in the same sentence. (I predicted that question with the '***' stuff...and looky I was right. )

"Look how much bigger they play with..." means that that a small team is easily pushed around will play like they know it. They(any small guys with a big guy) can play most physically and not expect a complete backlash with him around.

The bold, thats true, but then how much time did he get and how was he used when he was given time?
"OK MAC, IT'S TIME FOR YOUR FIRST SHIFT. JUST GO OUT THERE AND MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN IN THE NEXT 20 SECONDS...AND IF YOU DON'T, YOU'RE GOING TO SIT THE REST OF THE GAME"
-just speculation, but it couldn't possibly be said any different judging from what we've seen.

Again, the day it's given an honest shot, I will stop suggesting it's tried....and no, that's not for any of you to prematurely decide for me!!!!!

Last edited by CHGoalie27: 05-17-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old
05-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Buff and R2 aren't enforcers. Mac is, Belak is, Orr is, Shelley is...Lucic is not. See the difference in comparisons?

Old
05-17-2010, 03:46 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

...and I'm not calling Byfuglien a fighter. Seems to be much confusion around here about that.
Difference between enforcer and fighter.

Probably Laus723's fault!

....and since top lines usually match with top lines....and usually a top line will; be the size of i dunno....Frolik Weiss ____ .......having a huge guy against a line of usually little guys....

Who is an even physical match against Byfuglien right now?

Old
05-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
...and I'm not calling Byfuglien a fighter. Seems to be much confusion around here about that.
Difference between enforcer and fighter.

Probably Laus723's fault!

....and since top lines usually match with top lines....and usually a top line will; be the size of i dunno....Frolik Weiss ____ .......having a huge guy against a line of usually little guys....

Who is an even physical match against Byfuglien right now?
Buff is NOT an enforcer, you can't call a guy an enforcer because it fits YOUR definition, enforcer are guys such as the ones I mentioned.

Old
05-17-2010, 03:52 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Buff and R2 aren't enforcers. Mac is, Belak is, Orr is, Shelley is...Lucic is not. See the difference in comparisons?
THERE YA ARE!!!

You even just beat me to it!

OK~!

Mac, Belak, Orr, Byf, R2, Lucic, Shelley-ENFORCERS, enforcers because they don't drop the gloves for the camera's sake, they'll drop and keep things in orderwhenever they have to.

MAC, BELAK, ORR- FIGHTERS, because they'll sometimes dress solely to play for the 30 seconds they fight.

Y'know? Like it's a different game anymore to be such a cut and dry term.
Artyukhin, a non enforcer as you say, would crush those you do say are enforcers. (Mac not included)