HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Which game (or games) have you played the most over the last few years?

Old
05-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

vCash: 500
In terms of sheer hours. I'm guessing I've logged the most hours on WoW, although I haven't played in 2+ years now. Since I quit that time my gaming time has gradually gone down and I've spent more time studying and doing stuff with friends.

I suppose after that I've spent a lot of time on TF2.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Ranger Wolf

Lord of the Rings Online & expansions
Dawn of Discovery
MLB 09 The Show

Probably have a few more but I'll have to check my Steam hours played log.

Ranger Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by led zep View Post
Wow, that's an insane amount of gaming. Doesn't that work out to playing 1 days worth of WoW (24hrs) about every 4 days? So 6hrs a day for 4 years....... Jesus.

I was addicted. Some people don't believe in video game addiction, but I sure as hell felt addicted.

When I was hardcore into raiding I worked nights(11pm-7am). I would get home and do all the farming I needed to do for Molten core. Id also do instance hunting for items to improve...yatta yatta yatta. Id crash around 1-2 pm and wake up at 530pm for raids and then raid till 1030pm when I'd get ready for work.

After a few months I got laid off. Most people think this is bad . I thought it was great because I could spend more time in WoW

For awhile I was playing 14-16 hours a day on average. It was insane. A lot of my friends played so there wasn't anything to pull me away and having no job and unemployment lead to a very bad habit. LOL

I had xfire(program that is like AOL messenger over multiple games) and it also had a time tracker for overall time played, weekly, monthly, etc.. One week I had 149 hours logged in. Recognize there's only 168 hours available in a week.

I quit late in 2008(wrath of the Lich king) and have refused to play ever since. Still haven't even with the pressure of friends that keep telling me to come back

While I have developed many friends that have become great friends, even visiting a lot in person, I really wish I had that timeframe back(mid 20's)

Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 06:24 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I was addicted. Some people don't believe in video game addiction, but I sure as hell felt addicted.

When I was hardcore into raiding I worked nights(11pm-7am). I would get home and do all the farming I needed to do for Molten core. Id also do instance hunting for items to improve...yatta yatta yatta. Id crash around 1-2 pm and wake up at 530pm for raids and then raid till 1030pm when I'd get ready for work.

After a few months I got laid off. Most people think this is bad . I thought it was great because I could spend more time in WoW

For awhile I was playing 14-16 hours a day on average. It was insane. A lot of my friends played so there wasn't anything to pull me away and having no job and unemployment lead to a very bad habit. LOL

I had xfire(program that is like AOL messenger over multiple games) and it also had a time tracker for overall time played, weekly, monthly, etc.. One week I had 149 hours logged in. Recognize there's only 168 hours available in a week.

I quit late in 2008(wrath of the Lich king) and have refused to play ever since. Still haven't even with the pressure of friends that keep telling me to come back

While I have developed many friends that have become great friends, even visiting a lot in person, I really wish I had that timeframe back(mid 20's)
While the total amount of hours played for me was different, pretty much the same thing happened to me when I started playing in CAL for Counter-Strike. All my time went into either playing in league matches, warming up for league matches, or strategizing for league matches. It pretty much took over my life. I'd even strategize with friends in person when we were away from the computer.

Our dedication did pay off though, we were a pretty good CAL team Made a lot of friends that I still have to this day (even though I don't go near CS anymore). Wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

DrFeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Yayo

Quote:

I definitely believe in video game addiction. I feel like I game a lot (especially now that university's out for the summer and all I have is a part-time job working 15-20 hours a week)...then I read news articles about guys in South Korea dying after playing Starcraft for 50 hours straight.

Regarding your story...that's INSANE! 149/168 hours spent logged in? How many of those hours were actually in front of the computer? I'm sure you'd get up and do something else for a little bit.

Yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
While the total amount of hours played for me was different, pretty much the same thing happened to me when I started playing in CAL for Counter-Strike. All my time went into either playing in league matches, warming up for league matches, or strategizing for league matches. It pretty much took over my life. I'd even strategize with friends in person when we were away from the computer.

Our dedication did pay off though, we were a pretty good CAL team Made a lot of friends that I still have to this day (even though I don't go near CS anymore). Wouldn't trade the experience for anything.
Ohh do I remember the old CS days. I played the hell out of that too.

Old
05-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayo View Post
Regarding your story...that's INSANE! 149/168 hours spent logged in? How many of those hours were actually in front of the computer? I'm sure you'd get up and do something else for a little bit.
Im sure it was alot of those hours. I mean I would go afk while waiting for group to start up and whatnot. It would still be extremely high.

Old
05-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Zodiac

Quote:
Im sure it was alot of those hours. I mean I would go afk while waiting for group to start up and whatnot. It would still be extremely high.
aren't there bot programs that you can use in WOW? i thought i remember reading that there were before.

i know they've been around in Diablo 2 for a long time and during the height of my Diablo2 addiction i'd just let the bot do magic runs over night. in the morning i'd check out the goods, mule them, and let the bot run again.

worked great. it let me have a bit of a life while i was still able to clean up on all the 'elite' items in the game. if i did it the legit way ...well, that'd just be sad. its ridiculous the amount of magic runs and time it would take to get those items.

you could even run the bot in a little window which allowed you to do other things on your PC.

thank **** for the bots. i'd never play the game without one now. too time consuming.

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 09:54 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayo View Post
I definitely believe in video game addiction. I feel like I game a lot (especially now that university's out for the summer and all I have is a part-time job working 15-20 hours a week)...then I read news articles about guys in South Korea dying after playing Starcraft for 50 hours straight.

It should be noted that he didn't die while playing. He died shortly after his family forced him to stop.

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

SMB
SMB2
SMB3
TMNT
Punch Out
Zelda
Zelda 2

etc.. Mostly old NES games again.

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 10:59 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

World of Warcraft. My account was created May 21st 2005. Since then I've logged around 350 days played (keep in mind I didn't log in once from January 2009 until February 2010).

Before World of Warcraft I played a variety of games and only played them on the week-ends when friends came over. I bought World of Warcraft at the end of seventh grade right when I quit playing sports everyday. I got over-weight and finally quit and got into shape.

Since I started playing WoW though, games couldn't grab my attention like they did before. Gears of War was the only game that actually took me away from WoW for an extended period of time. I played other games...just not as much. Most of the time I would rather sit on WoW and do nothing or sit on Ventrilo and talk with friends then I would sit on my couch and do nothing. Off-line gaming died for me too. I needed (and still to this day) need to see a friends list of some sort when I'm playing video games.

I don't regret it one bit though. I do kind of wish I had stayed in shape, but aside from that I don't feel any regret. I've met friends for life and had some awesome times with real-life friends that I got to know better through World of Warcraft. I've met a lot of the people I met in World of Warcraft in real-life and most of my Xbox Live friends list is people I met in WoW.

...aside from that my time was split among any of the big titles you can think of.

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 11:04 PM
mlandry

I thought I was bad with my 2500hours (around 100 days) in 5 years for Guild Wars but you guys make me seem like a normal person

Ah well, if we enjoy games we might as well play them.

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Oilbender

Demon's Souls
Team Fortress 2
World of Warcraft (I quit, again... again.... again... again, and I'm sure I'll probably end up buying Cataclysm)

Oilbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Slapshot_11

Halo 3

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Yayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
It should be noted that he didn't die while playing. He died shortly after his family forced him to stop.
He still died from exhaustion, no? http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle553840.ece

"When they reached the cafe, Lee told his friends that he would finish the game and go home. He died a few minutes later."

Yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 03:54 AM
hao chi

Uncharted 2 - 195 hours of multiplayer, plus I'd guesstimate about 30-45 hours on the two "betas", all that on top of my three playthroughs of the single player (35ish hours).

Call of Duty 4 - I think I had 3 1/2 days played when I got bored of it, plus probably 30 hours of single player.

Halo 3 - Not sure how many hours, but I've played 1050 games plus about two single player playthroughs. I'm not even all that crazy about Halo 3, I only play it with my brother, so I'm surprised I have that many games played.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
aren't there bot programs that you can use in WOW? i thought i remember reading that there were before.

i know they've been around in Diablo 2 for a long time and during the height of my Diablo2 addiction i'd just let the bot do magic runs over night. in the morning i'd check out the goods, mule them, and let the bot run again.

worked great. it let me have a bit of a life while i was still able to clean up on all the 'elite' items in the game. if i did it the legit way ...well, that'd just be sad. its ridiculous the amount of magic runs and time it would take to get those items.

you could even run the bot in a little window which allowed you to do other things on your PC.

thank **** for the bots. i'd never play the game without one now. too time consuming.
People use to bot for Honor farming and grinding to Rank 14 pvp. You don't bot when your instance farming though.

I use to bot on Diablo 2. I use to sell items on ebay and would powerlevel characters and accounts.

Old
05-13-2010, 10:55 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

World of Warcraft

Team Fortress 2

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote