HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

[OFFICIAL] Fire Alain Vigneault!

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Canucker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
Winning the Detroit game would set the record for the fastest 20 wins in franchise history. What about yesterday? If it happened then it's another record under AV's watch.
Yup, he's padding that regular season resume pretty well. Be nice to see a cup on there.

Old
01-03-2011, 11:26 AM
LeftCoast

Timely bump.

Old
01-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Karl Hungus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
Timely bump.
The thought had crossed my mind as well.

Old
01-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
As I've said, AV deserves credit if he can coach this team to achieve the high end of their potential. This should be a 110+ point team that snags a top 2 seed in the conference, barring injury troubles. Right now they've been relatively healthy. They lost Hamhuis and Ballard for brief periods, and Raymond has been banged up, but other than that you can't really complain.

Still, the team was an adjusted .500 team at the quarter mark and is on pace for a so-so 101-102 point season right now. The Canucks (and AV) shouldn't be given a free pass just because they're in a bad division. Winning a bad division and finishing third again (but 4th or 5th in the conference in points) isn't good enough. This team needs to excel in the playoffs and getting as high of a seed as possible in the regular season is a good first step.

That's what I want to see from the club. If AV gets them there, I will give him the credit he's earned. But if he continues to make questionable decisions that could be costing this team points -- even 4-6 points over the course of the year -- then he deserves to be criticized. And that's coming from someone who thought Bieksa earned his ice time last night and thinks he's been so-so this year.
I stand by my previous comment(s) in this thread. Are Canucks now are outperforming my expectations, but if they can stay on about a 110 point pace for the year I will have zero complaints about the performance the Canucks put in during the regular season. I think last year's series with Chicago was a home-ice anomaly. If the Canucks are a top two see they will see the benefits in rounds 1 and 2 (and, at this rate, they might see them in rounds three or and the SCF).

Old
01-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Timmy

We're at a thousand.

Closed Thread