HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anynews on Ranger?

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2010, 06:34 PM
vinnythe deuce

vCash: 500
Anynews on Ranger?

What is going with Paul Ranger? He disappeared and was suppose to of come back over 3 months ago? Anyone have any info?

Old
03-22-2010, 06:47 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

nope.

Old
03-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
But when he comes back it will be like acquiring a top 4 defenseman for free!

Old
03-22-2010, 07:49 PM
TBLbrian

this is another issue that I think needs to have something done about. I understand why they want to keep it underwraps, but as the team is sinking on defense. some sort of update would be great, but to be honest I've given up on him

Old
03-22-2010, 08:33 PM
CSampson

I hope the team is done with this guy. I know we don't know what exactly happened but if it's cause he doesn't want to play hockey, then the team should ****ing cut him loose. What he pulled is pretty selfish and frankly we don't need some half and half guy. The team sucks as it is. Bad asset management, letting a potential #3 guy go but come on.

To avoid further confusion, the above attempts to state that if the reason for Paul Ranger's absence is a lack of desire to play pro hockey. I'm not a dick.

Last edited by CSampson: 03-22-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old
03-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Gman

ranger who? :/ im glad we arent in the playoff spot cause we'd need him

Old
03-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Sear91

Heard the people sitting in front of me talking about the situation at the Caps game on Saturday. The man said he was friends with Ranger's trainer and that when we heard the original news that he might come back soon that that actually meant coming back to his Tampa home. Apparently hes been home with his father in Canada and nobody sees him around. The fans were from Calgary and I'm not sure how credible a fan claiming to be friends with his trainer would know if anything, but thats what I heard. He wouldn't go any deeper than that.

And this all contributes nothing still XD

Old
03-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
It's Amazing that we are not able to get any news about Ranger. Idk what was his reason to leave , but this "Omerta" is really weird.

Hi Kristia , Hi Bobsled

Old
03-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
I hope the team is done with this guy. I know we don't know what exactly happened but if it's cause he doesn't want to play hockey, then the team should ****ing cut him loose. What he pulled is pretty selfish and frankly we don't need some half and half guy. The team sucks as it is. Bad asset management, letting a potential #3 guy go but come on.
How can you be so judgmental when you don't even know what's wrong with him? What if he has a massive drug problem and went to seek help? What if he had a nervous breakdown?

As frustrating as it is to know nothing, it's even more frustrating to see people speculate and defame a guy for being selfish when it remains unknown why he's not with the team. If it was something as flippant as him not wanting to play hockey anymore, his contract would have already been voided. There is obviously some sensitive information at play here and until it comes out why he's gone, I think it would be prudent to simply reserve those kind of comments.

Whatever he's doing right at this very minute, I can bet isn't even close to as fun as hockey for him. You don't make it this far without loving the game. He just has things in his life that, apparently, went out of his control and prevented him from playing.

Old
03-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
It's Amazing that we are not able to get any news about Ranger. Idk what was his reason to leave , but this "Omerta" is really weird.

Hi Kristia , Hi Bobsled
I will say for as much flack as the Lightning and both newspaper beat writers get they have done a great job at keeping this under wraps.

Old
03-22-2010, 09:43 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLbrifri View Post
this is another issue that I think needs to have something done about. I understand why they want to keep it underwraps, but as the team is sinking on defense. some sort of update would be great, but to be honest I've given up on him
The front office knows, we don't. They're technically the only ones that need to know.
Quote:
Really? What if his father has a terminal illness and he wants to spend the rest of his fathers time with him away from hockey? Is that selfish? Cause if thats ****ing selfish, well, i'm just a gigantic *******. Look at this from less of a fan perspective and more of a human being - the guy obviously has some kind of significant issue that is being dealt with. This is the one thing i'll jump down anyones throat about, have a little respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear91 View Post
Heard the people sitting in front of me talking about the situation at the Caps game on Saturday. The man said he was friends with Ranger's trainer and that when we heard the original news that he might come back soon that that actually meant coming back to his Tampa home. Apparently hes been home with his father in Canada and nobody sees him around. The fans were from Calgary and I'm not sure how credible a fan claiming to be friends with his trainer would know if anything, but thats what I heard. He wouldn't go any deeper than that.

And this all contributes nothing still XD
I've heard this as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post

Hi Kristia , Hi Bobsled
FRENCHY!

Old
03-22-2010, 09:45 PM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
How can you be so judgmental when you don't even know what's wrong with him? What if he has a massive drug problem and went to seek help? What if he had a nervous breakdown?

As frustrating as it is to know nothing, it's even more frustrating to see people speculate and defame a guy for being selfish when it remains unknown why he's not with the team. If it was something as flippant as him not wanting to play hockey anymore, his contract would have already been voided. There is obviously some sensitive information at play here and until it comes out why he's gone, I think it would be prudent to simply reserve those kind of comments.

Whatever he's doing right at this very minute, I can bet isn't even close to as fun as hockey for him. You don't make it this far without loving the game. He just has things in his life that, apparently, went out of his control and prevented him from playing.
Okay so if you read my post, my whole paragraph started out with the preface that "...if it's cause he doesn't want to play hockey". That's a real possibility. If that's the case then he is handcuffing the team. Don't drop your moral ******** on me please.

Last edited by CSampson: 03-22-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old
03-22-2010, 09:47 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Okay so if you read my post, my whole paragraph started out with the preface that "...if it's cause he doesn't want to play hockey". That's a real possibility. If that's the case then he is handcuffing the team. Don't drop your moral ******** on me please.
Thats not really how you framed it, though.

Old
03-22-2010, 09:49 PM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
The front office knows, we don't. They're technically the only ones that need to know.

Really? What if his father has a terminal illness and he wants to spend the rest of his fathers time with him away from hockey? Is that selfish? Cause if thats ****ing selfish, well, i'm just a gigantic *******. Look at this from less of a fan perspective and more of a human being - the guy obviously has some kind of significant issue that is being dealt with. This is the one thing i'll jump down anyones throat about, have a little respect.

I've heard this as well.

FRENCHY!
Again. Please re-read my post before attacking. I was stating that if the reason he left is because he doesn't want to play hockey, then it;s a selfish thing to do. Like the Legion kid from Columbus (now with Philly). He quit pro hockey to go work at a pizza parlour or something. Yes he came back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Thats not really how you framed it, though.
Well the whole post revolves around that idea. Sorry. I put on a disclaimer to the post so know one else thinks I'm heartless .

Last edited by CSampson: 03-22-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old
03-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Maria

He doesn't seem like a selfish guy, or someone that would try to screw the team over, I feel bad for him, he must be going thru something extremely tought for him to leave the sport that he loves.

Whatever it is, let's just hope he can recover and continue with his life, playing hockey or not, all that matters is his well being.

Old
03-23-2010, 01:10 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
He doesn't seem like a selfish guy, or someone that would try to screw the team over, I feel bad for him, he must be going thru something extremely tought for him to leave the sport that he loves.

Whatever it is, let's just hope he can recover and continue with his life, playing hockey or not, all that matters is his well being.
Agreed. I think its something incredible personal. The only thing we can really do is speculate and in all honesty that is doing him a disservice. Ranger is a great player, when he feels hes ready to be back he will. I hope sooner than later but it is what it is.

Come back soon Ranger! We miss you!

You have no idea how much.......................

Old
03-23-2010, 04:10 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post

The only fact that is known is that it is NOT anything that requires treatment, a medical or a mental issue where re-hab is needed. Look at the qualifications for the non-roster list he was placed on when he left, you cant be put on that list if you need medical attention of any kind, and the league has to approve the reasons for you being on this non-roster list.

Old
03-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
The only fact that is known is that it is NOT anything that requires treatment, a medical or a mental issue where re-hab is needed. Look at the qualifications for the non-roster list he was placed on when he left, you cant be put on that list if you need medical attention of any kind, and the league has to approve the reasons for you being on this non-roster list.
Exactly what I was going to post.

I was also going to add that if the Lightning were to cut the guy loose, they'd let him walk July 1st.

I guess I just did.

Clearly he's done for the season. We can get a sliver of insight from seeing whatever the team does, or doesn't do, with him this offseason.

Should Ranger ever return, I get the feeling he'd also immediately reveal what kept him out so long. You don't miss nearly an entire season without people constantly asking him why he left. Constantly having to avoid answering that question would be very tiring, and probably isolate him with his teammates, fans too.

If he comes back and doesn't say, we can only assume the worst, and the rumors will be worse than ever. Everything he does would be over-analyzed. If he opens up about it, the hockey world can at least cheer his return. He may not want the attention that would bring, but that's the bed he's made.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 03-23-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old
04-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Hey Guys ,

Sorry to bring that thread up again , but i had a convo about Ranger , yesterday over the Avs section, with a couple of friends . Basicly we were all wondering what were the latest news .

Old
04-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

There hasn't been any news at all.

Old
04-04-2010, 12:09 PM
TBLHoser

Well, whatever the reason is, it's his and since we don't know what's going on, he doesn't have to let anyone know. If it's health related to him or his family, hopefully he or they get well and he can join the team sometime in the future. Good Luck Paul....

Old
04-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patrick View Post
There hasn't been any news at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Well, whatever the reason is, it's his and since we don't know what's going on, he doesn't have to let anyone know. If it's health related to him or his family, hopefully he or they get well and he can join the team sometime in the future. Good Luck Paul....

Thanks guys for the quick replies

Old
04-04-2010, 08:52 PM
stammerhammer91

Hey ive heard from someone inside the lightning, and he said that this is what hes heard, is that ranger either can't stand lawton and simply will not play for him, OR ranger has been pushed by his father his whole life to play hockey and now that hes an adult and can make decisions for himself he is considering not playing anymore.

Now i don't really see these as being the answer and i completely understand everyone hear thinking this is complete garbage but this is what the rep told me so i figured i would post it.

I think it has to be something much more serious but obviously no one knows

Old
04-04-2010, 09:26 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 View Post
Hey ive heard from someone inside the lightning, and he said that this is what hes heard, is that ranger either can't stand lawton and simply will not play for him, OR ranger has been pushed by his father his whole life to play hockey and now that hes an adult and can make decisions for himself he is considering not playing anymore.

Now i don't really see these as being the answer and i completely understand everyone hear thinking this is complete garbage but this is what the rep told me so i figured i would post it.

I think it has to be something much more serious but obviously no one knows
Couple of things here:

A) Dont believe everything you hear.

B) We have all kind of agreed not to speculate on whatever the issue is, as it has been asked since the very beginning to respect his privacy.

Old
04-04-2010, 09:34 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Someone was saying yesterday or the day before he IS in town but not anywhere near game shape or anything, who was that...

Closed Thread