HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Swiss team under Sean Simpson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-12-2010, 05:01 PM
  #1
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,142
vCash: 500
Swiss team under Sean Simpson

What a beginning for this team ... 3 games 3 victories ... against ... Latvia ... ok but avec la manière ! then Italy ... ok normal but avec la manière again ! and finaly ... Canada ... how ? ... well avec la manière of course !

I am really impressed.

I have to confess that i was nervous ... without dad Krueger.
Well i am reassured !

The team plays a very very attractive game.

What are your views ?

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 05:43 PM
  #2
koh19
Registered User
 
koh19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fribourg
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Yeah, really impressed with this new team. What I like the most is the creativity on attack. Even against Canada, they try new things, dangle a little, create interesting plays.

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 06:21 AM
  #3
ExE
Registered User
 
ExE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lausanne
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
yea a great team we can be proud of. They didn't just win a few games they played a great hockey and were very physical especially against canada that was very entertaining to watch

ExE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 06:45 AM
  #4
stv11
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
What a beginning for this team ... 3 games 3 victories ... against ... Latvia ... ok but avec la manière ! then Italy ... ok normal but avec la manière again ! and finaly ... Canada ... how ? ... well avec la manière of course !

I am really impressed.

I have to confess that i was nervous ... without dad Krueger.
Well i am reassured !

The team plays a very very attractive game.

What are your views ?
I have a bit worried as well to see what would happen without Krueger, especially with so many players missing, but they've been impressive so far.

Simpson saw what was missing against Italy and reacted well against Canada, creating more balanced lines which put more pressure on the net. Now with all the upsets in the tournament, getting a non top 7 team in the quarter finals is not out of question.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 09:21 AM
  #5
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I have a bit worried as well to see what would happen without Krueger, especially with so many players missing, but they've been impressive so far.

Simpson saw what was missing against Italy and reacted well against Canada, creating more balanced lines which put more pressure on the net. Now with all the upsets in the tournament, getting a non top 7 team in the quarter finals is not out of question.
Man ! we handsomely beat Canada yesterday . We will be world champion

To me we were a bit weak against Latvia in 3rd period, and against Canada at the beginning. If we can keep up with this game. semi finals is a realistic goal. Because as you say, in Quarter finals we can dodge the Russia, Sweden, Canada if we achieve great points.

To tell you the truth, i wait with impatience the Swedes. They will be the real test. We should be playing them on May 18th, and then we will see if the sky is the limit.
Playing the Norvegians and the Czechs will be very important and a win isn't granted but i consider the Swedes as our Black sheep (like us for Canada), therefore they would tell us the thruth.

The nice thing is that since we will play Sweden in the qualification round. We shouldn't meet them until Final or Semifinal Same for Canada. We may actually meet one of these 3 nations only in final if we can keep the advantage on Canada.

With all the missing players, with our surprise, with the good group we had and still have, if their is a year we can do something... i would say it is this one more than ever.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
  #6
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,142
vCash: 500
Results are more and more in our favour.

Now the Czechs beat the Swedes.
Result : Czechia, Sweden and Norway will be in our group (Switzerland + Canada + Latvia) with 2 points !!

in other words the classification will be :

6pts ..... Switzerland
3pts ..... Canada, Sweden, Czechia and Norway
0pts ..... Latvia

This year, the possibility is growing to achieve a major upset !!!

(don't missunderstand me ... i am not saying we will be world champion !! i am saying that probabilities are more and more in our favour to achieve a major upset ... in which we could get a medal !!) (i am not saying that we should be number 1 or 2 (or 3 or 4) worldwide but that in light of the special WC we have, where many stars are absent and many big teams have special situations ... it could be the year ... with luck here and there ... it really could be the year.)

probability to beat
70% Norway
50% Czechia
30% Sweden

If we beat Norway and Czechia, we will be 2nd or 1st of the group. We have one hell of a positioning for the 1/4 finals !!


GoSwissGo

PS i hijacked the thread into : with luck and help of the gods of hockey we can get a medal or the gods of hockey are in our favour.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 05:17 PM
  #7
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,142
vCash: 500
So we got eliminated by Germany !

after having beaten Canada, Latvia, Italy and Czechia. And having lost to Norway and Sweden.

Morality :
1) scandinavian teams are not good for us !

more seriously ... We were unlucky ! we should have won against the Germans ...

And when i saw the semifinal ... i felt that we would have had a chance against the Russians (may my wife who is Russian forgive me !) ... then the Czechs ... well we alredy beat them ! So we could have finished world champion with a bit of luck !

Did you notice that :

1) we beat the World champion !
2) Germans struggled more against us than against the other teams down the road ... ! although they lost against them and won against us !! 4 posts !!! and many opportunities !

++

2010 is a big year for Swiss hockey :

We beat the world champion IIHF
We lost in SO against olympic champion

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 01:16 AM
  #8
Pokechecker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
So we got eliminated by Germany !

after having beaten Canada, Latvia, Italy and Czechia. And having lost to Norway and Sweden.

Morality :
1) scandinavian teams are not good for us !

more seriously ... We were unlucky ! we should have won against the Germans ...

And when i saw the semifinal ... i felt that we would have had a chance against the Russians (may my wife who is Russian forgive me !) ... then the Czechs ... well we alredy beat them ! So we could have finished world champion with a bit of luck !

Did you notice that :

1) we beat the World champion !
2) Germans struggled more against us than against the other teams down the road ... ! although they lost against them and won against us !! 4 posts !!! and many opportunities !

++

2010 is a big year for Swiss hockey :

We beat the world champion IIHF
We lost in SO against olympic champion
And our just average league team, the ZSC Lions, will be the "Stanley-Cup-Sieger-Besieger"...smile...

I agree with you that we looked really better vs the Germans than the Russians. I absolutely couldn't understand the Russian strategy vs Germany. With such skilled players they adapted the careful, no-mistake-strategy from the Germans and because the Russians are just average in the game without the puck this was definitely a "high-risk-strategy" to lose the game. On the other hand they played in the final partly like from another planet and basically showed how much better their top-players are...and still did lose... this makes our sport so great... you never know and the logics doesn't always lead to the result...

Pokechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:13 PM
  #9
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokechecker View Post
And our just average league team, the ZSC Lions, will be the "Stanley-Cup-Sieger-Besieger"...smile...


they actually showed the goals of the victoria cup game during the 6th game ... !

So the Swiss went to SO with the olympic champion 2010.
We also beat the world champion in the WC
and finally ZSC beat the Stanley Cup Winner

fewwww ! what a year for Swiss hockey !

the future is bright
the future is red and white !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.