HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petition to Respect Richards as Captain Henceforth

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2010, 05:37 PM
  #26
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
What have you done for me lately?

That is the way of pro sports. If they lost 6-0 tomorrow night or drop to the Habs in five games, he'll be fair game again.

He's been splendid during this comeback but the question needs to be asked: how much of Richards' play has been Gagne?
Except for John Stevens, right??? Doesnt matter what he did/does, you still love him!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
You can't be that serious? Of course better wingers will make the line more productive, but in the 3 games we lost (without Gagne) Richards had 2g 2a.

Should we also go back and look at how productive Richards was in the first series? All while Gagne was snakebitten.
Dont even bother trying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Haha, +1.
+2

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 06:17 PM
  #27
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
And when his locker room nemisis Pronger took a questionable hit from Wheeler (I believe) who was the first guy there in Wheeler's face ready to go? Richards.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 06:23 PM
  #28
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
A bit offtopic but did anyone else think Leighton should have went after Lucic and Savard when they were mugging Richards??? He kinda just stood there....

(Sorry if this was talked about, I wasnt around since that game)

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 07:29 PM
  #29
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I am a big richards fan. the guy bringsa lot of heart when he's on the ice. I could honestly give a **** about how he handles the media. I hate watching interviews with players. all their answers are the same crap every time. as long as mike richards does his job on the ice im happy.

signed,
dbr

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 07:59 PM
  #30
Black Ice
Registered User
 
Black Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Delawhere?
Country: United States
Posts: 3,824
vCash: 500
Signed, I've always believed.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 08:02 PM
  #31
PhillyFan4Ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
he has earned to wear the c in games... but hes far from being called a true captain. if you think his disdain for the press is bad, you should see how he treats out of town flyers fans. hes too young to proactively be an ambassdor off the ice. that is a 1/3 of what is expected from the captain.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 03:25 AM
  #32
MsConduct11
 
MsConduct11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Signed. I'm not sure if there are many more players in the NHL that have the heart Richie has. Don't give a **** about what goes on off the ice, or how he isn't good with the media. He brings it on the ice and the rest of the team follows. Thats a good captain.


Last edited by MsConduct11: 05-14-2010 at 06:08 AM.
MsConduct11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 03:28 AM
  #33
MsConduct11
 
MsConduct11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
he has earned to wear the c in games... but hes far from being called a true captain. if you think his disdain for the press is bad, you should see how he treats out of town flyers fans. hes too young to proactively be an ambassdor off the ice. that is a 1/3 of what is expected from the captain.
I'm an out of town flyers fan and have met him and thought he was one of the nicest players i've met. Was friendly with all the fans asking for autographs and pictures and made sure to stick around until all the people who really wanted autographs got them, aside from the couple people who were clearly wanting him to sign stuff to sell on ebay. Other people who I know who have met him outside of Philly have said they had similiar experiences.

MsConduct11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 04:28 AM
  #34
Readyrock
(・_・;)
 
Readyrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
What have you done for me lately?

That is the way of pro sports. If they lost 6-0 tomorrow night or drop to the Habs in five games, he'll be fair game again.

He's been splendid during this comeback but the question needs to be asked: how much of Richards' play has been Gagne?
JXC, this post is contrary to the ephemeral sentiment on these boards.

Therefore, I disagree.

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 04:41 AM
  #35
Readyrock
(・_・;)
 
Readyrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
if you think his disdain for the press is bad, you should see how he treats out of town flyers fans.
Hahahahaaaaa, you sound like a man with some lame anecdotal evidence. Don't hold out on us!

Tell me, is Mike Richards a bad tipper? Does he leave the toilet seat up? Does he shift lanes without signaling?

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 08:17 AM
  #36
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I can't believe how much I hate you and all of your opinions.
Me, too. In fact, I can't believe anyone hates me and all of my opinions.



I am just saying that there are three kinds of Flyers fans: those who wil love Mike Richards no matter what he does, those who will judge him fairly, and those who will kneejerk based upon his last ten games.

Philadelphia fans aren't the world's brightest, you know. Maybe you remember when Flyers fans booed Eric Desjardins every time he touched the puck?

He'll be respected until he ****s up. Then he'll be ripped and booed. That's reality in Philly.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 08:28 AM
  #37
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
You can't be that serious? Of course better wingers will make the line more productive, but in the 3 games we lost (without Gagne) Richards had 2g 2a.

Should we also go back and look at how productive Richards was in the first series? All while Gagne was snakebitten.
Snakebitten?

Richards has played well in the playoffs, to be sure.

But let's not forget that it was just four weeks ago when this oh-so-talented team was fighting to merely make the playoffs.

Captains in Philly are judged by what has happened in the last month. That's life. That's all I'm saying.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 08:30 AM
  #38
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfo View Post
JXC, this post is contrary to the ephemeral sentiment on these boards.

Therefore, I disagree.
"Ephmeral", hunh? Big word, too early, I need more coffee!


JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 08:30 AM
  #39
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Me, too. In fact, I can't believe anyone hates me and all of my opinions.



I am just saying that there are three kinds of Flyers fans: those who wil love Mike Richards no matter what he does, those who will judge him fairly, and those who will kneejerk based upon his last ten games.

Philadelphia fans aren't the world's brightest, you know. Maybe you remember when Flyers fans booed Eric Desjardins every time he touched the puck?

He'll be respected until he ****s up. Then he'll be ripped and booed. That's reality in Philly.
I can agree with the bolded. Although, to be honest, I'm certain it's the same everywhere.

But I spend most of my time at Philadelphia sporting events facepalming for the things I hear "fans" saying. ESPECIALLY at Flyers games.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 08:37 AM
  #40
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I can agree with the bolded. Although, to be honest, I'm certain it's the same everywhere.

But I spend most of my time at Philadelphia sporting events facepalming for the things I hear "fans" saying. ESPECIALLY at Flyers games.
True that. You're right, it is likely the same everywhere.

And I have spent a lot of time facepalming things that I have said. For example, I booed Mike Schmidt wherever he came to the plate, for heaven's sake. It doesn't get much dumber than that (although booing Eric Desjardins is pretty frickin' dumb).

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 09:55 AM
  #41
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Signed.

He only has 4 points less than the leader

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:00 AM
  #42
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
And I have spent a lot of time facepalming things that I have said. For example, I booed Mike Schmidt wherever he came to the plate, for heaven's sake. It doesn't get much dumber than that (although booing Eric Desjardins is pretty frickin' dumb).
So did I in 1980. But I'm a Royals fan....

Schmidt scared the hell out of me every time he walked up to the plate. And then proved me right.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:09 AM
  #43
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,761
vCash: 500
He better be a Flyer for life. Hopefully he has a great career and leads us to some cups. I would love to tell my kids and grandchildren about the legend of #18

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:09 AM
  #44
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,337
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
I won't say anything about the future, but he's certainly playing up to his responsibilities thus far. I'm hoping he can keep it up. He's filling Carter's absence admirably.

And no, I'm not going to rip on him if he falters in the future, the guy's only human.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:19 AM
  #45
Stonehands77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waltham, MA
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I can agree with the bolded. Although, to be honest, I'm certain it's the same everywhere.

But I spend most of my time at Philadelphia sporting events facepalming for the things I hear "fans" saying. ESPECIALLY at Flyers games.
This is FAR from unique. Remember, "average intelligence" means that roughly half the population is BELOW that. People say stupid things everywhere.

Do you really think fans are smarter everywhere else? I can assure you they're not.

Stonehands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:26 AM
  #46
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Is it me, or does Richards need someone out of the lineup to play at his best though? exactly the same with carter.

When the pressure is on, and they are counted on to put up points, i have never seen them fail.

Maybe it's about time we became a two offensive line team and relied on these guys to put up more points with more ice time

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:43 AM
  #47
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
I am just saying that there are three kinds of Flyers fans: those who wil love Mike Richards no matter what he does, those who will judge him fairly, and those who will kneejerk based upon his last ten games
And where do you fit in because you don't seem to fall into any of those categories?

1. Love Mike Richards no matter what are currently happy with him.
2. Those who judge fairly should be extremely happy with him.
3. The kneejerk base who judge on past 10 games are happy with him.

Now why are you the only fan who is not?

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:45 AM
  #48
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Snakebitten?
Snakebitten = not scoring goals. Maybe I used the term wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Richards has played well in the playoffs, to be sure.

But let's not forget that it was just four weeks ago when this oh-so-talented team was fighting to merely make the playoffs.

Captains in Philly are judged by what has happened in the last month. That's life. That's all I'm saying.
Really that's all you're saying? What does any of that have to do with you saying?

Quote:
but the question needs to be asked: how much of Richards' play has been Gagne?
If you add game 5 of the Jersey Series, where Gagne was also out, he had another 2a, so a total of 2g-4a-6pts in 4games without Gagne. Versus 3g-7a-10pts in 7 games,

Hmm 1.5PPG wihtout Gagne vs 1.43PPG with Gagne.

He also took out Krejci for the remainder of the playoffs, which was a definite boost to our chances.

You argue that he is defined on what he has done this last month, but even after performing great, you look to criticize it and credit it to someone else. Get real.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 11:03 AM
  #49
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,558
vCash: 500
When it comes to Richards, there's only 2 groups of fans in my books. One did the fist pump right after Kesler was selected and the other group hoisted their World Jr. sweater to the heavens.

This ain't exactly a passing fancy for us up here...

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 11:05 AM
  #50
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
When it comes to Richards, there's only 2 groups of fans in my books. One did the fist pump right after Kesler was selected and the other group hoisted their World Jr. sweater to the heavens.

This ain't exactly a passing fancy for us up here...
Well said. Except the fist pump was accompanied by the happy dance.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.