HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Everyone's wish list?

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2004, 10:26 PM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
Everyone's wish list?

these are players I'd like to get in the Rangers first four drafting slots. How about you?

#6 Rangers - Lauri Tukonen F
#24 Toronto - Boris Valabik D
#36 Rangers - Roman Tesliuk D
#37 Florida - Blake Wheeler F

Old
05-10-2004, 11:23 PM
karl_hungus

I'd be happy with Schremp, Ladd or Tukonen at #6 but i'd be even happier if we could move up on that 24 spot...i think if we could do that than i'd be inclined to take Thelen at #6 and hopefully grab Stafford or Chipchura with where ever we move up to.

Tesliuk and Wheeler sound good to me in the second round.

Old
05-10-2004, 11:30 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

1st pick in the following order:
Olesz - Nice combination of size and skill
Tukonen - Good two - way player
Schremp - Offensively gifted
Thelan - Two - way stud who is climbing the charts

Would love Valabik but he will be gone by this pick. Given we don't trade up then I'd like to have in the following order:
Bolland
Smid
Lepisto
Hedman

Some good ones in the second round too:

Tesliuk - Could be a steal in the second round
Funk - Big, strong stay at home d- man
Fristic - See above
McGrath if he lasts this long

Old
05-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Barnaby

I think we need to land a go-to forward. We need a tough player who can score.

I think we'll move up to 4 or 5 and get Olesz, but if not I wouldn't mind taking Ladd or d-man Thelen. Schremp scares me. Radulov intrigues me.

As for that 2nd pick, I would be SCHOCKED if we didn't move up. Probably in the 12-15 range. We could then add a player there, and still have a couple 2nds left. I seriously doubt we'll go to the podium 4 times in the 2nd round.

Malkin - Like him, but would probably cost too much to get.
Olesz - could be a money forward - would move up a couple to land him
Ladd - legit option at 6
Thelen - another serious option at 6 depending on who's left
Fistric - 2nd round
Tesliuk - 2nd round
Valabik - mid 1st if we take a forward with our 1st pick.
Radulov - if he drops I would consider moving up with our second 1st if possible.

Just a couple guys I like...

Old
05-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
these are players I'd like to get in the Rangers first four drafting slots. How about you?

#6 Rangers - Lauri Tukonen F
#24 Toronto - Boris Valabik D
#36 Rangers - Roman Tesliuk D
#37 Florida - Blake Wheeler F
that would be great, Valabik is a little bit of a stretch and I like Ladd over Tukonen, but I wouldn't change those 2 2nds

Old
05-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Broadway Brett

This is what I would like to get with our first four picks:

1st pick-Rotislav Olesz-Probably the 3rd most talented player in the draft, and is going to be a star.

2nd pick-Wes O'Neil-We trade up, of course, this guy has tons of skill, just needs to put it all together, and could be a #1 D-man, and would be great alongside Tyutin.

3rd pick-Evan McGrath-Remember, this is like a dream draft, that's realistic. He has great skill, and we seem to have more than enough top-two line players, but alot of the guys are busts, McGrath is by far the best player available.

4th pick-Grant Lewis-Yes, a little reach, but he has top-four skills, even though we have alot of those guys, most of them are busts, he could be a power-play anchor for years to come.

Perhaps switch Lewis with Valibek, since we could get Lewis later in the 2nd round, but I like Lewis alot. PLEASE, comment on my wish list, trash it all you want.

Old
05-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Kubera55

With the first (6th) I'm hoping for Olesz, excited about Ladd, and terrified of skipping Schremp. Tukonen <sp> I know little about . . .

With the second first (26th) I'd be surprised if the Rangers didn't move up. If they move into the teens, I'm hoping that Thelen, Green, or Valabik ends up available. I'm not sure how I'd slot them, but any of the three defenders would interst me. Less so on O'Neil, who often sounds a little 'Poti-esk' for my tastes.

I think my absolute total dream package would be to see the Rangers see Olesz slide to them at No.6 (I said 'dream), have them trade up to No.7-10 and grab Ladd, and then have them spirit up another pick in the high teens/low 20's and grab Green. But the odds of that actually working out . .. well I'm not holding my breath.

Old
05-11-2004, 06:50 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Okay, here goes

6) I'm hoping Sather either trades up to get Olesz, or he falls to that spot, but, if not, one of Tukonen, Ladd or Schremp will suffice.

Next I'm hoping Sather moves up into the 9-13 range and takes either Picard or Stafford...or perhaps O'Neill.

Then I hope we still have the Toronto #1, or Sather has secured a late round 1st and Valabik is available.

With #36 and #37, I'm hoping for two of the following - Tesliuk, Wheeler, Soderberg or Pineault.

After that, who knows?

Old
05-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Unknownbutfamous

Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
Assuming we don't trade up

Dream Reality
#6 Olesz Ladd
#24 Picard Valibik

Old
05-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Edge

it aint happening but if this team can get a a kid like picard in the teens by moving up i'd be thrilled.

Old
05-11-2004, 09:56 PM
charliemurphy

Ladd
Picard/Stafford
Soderberg
Hedman/Tesliuk

Old
05-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Edge

Ladd and Picard. Now that would be a VERY interesting way to try and restock our supply of LW's.

Old
05-12-2004, 08:51 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby
and we seem to have more than enough top-two line players, but alot of the guys are busts,
Can you please explain those 2 statements? How do we have enough top-2 line guys? Seems to me that this is one area that this org desperately lacks. We do not have nearly enough top 2 line guys. And who are these busts that we have an abundance of?

Old
05-12-2004, 09:09 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Can you please explain those 2 statements? How do we have enough top-2 line guys? Seems to me that this is one area that this org desperately lacks. We do not have nearly enough top 2 line guys. And who are these busts that we have an abundance of?

I never knew you could have enough top 2 lines guys.

05-12-2004, 09:17 AM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I never knew you could have enough top 2 lines guys.
It doesn't matter... because they're all busts

Old
05-12-2004, 09:32 AM
HockeyBurd*

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=74479

On the mock draft board I managed to grab Andrew Ladd, Drew Stafford, Kirill Lyamin, and Roman Tesliuk in the first two rounds. Not exactly my dream list but I wouldn't cry if that's what we actually come away with. I traded up to 15 with the hopes of grabbing Valabik but he was snagged at 13. Cost me the 48th over all and Toronto's pick.

Old
05-12-2004, 11:25 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd
It doesn't matter... because they're all busts
Yeah...all 2 of them

Old
05-12-2004, 11:31 AM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Ladd and Picard. Now that would be a VERY interesting way to try and restock our supply of LW's.
IMO...Future possible top LW's are what the Rangers don't have, as well as a top line center.
I'm not too worried about the FUTURE Defensive core being Tyutin/Kondratiev/Pock/Baranka.
And the goalie situation looks very positive with Lundqvist/Blackburn.
I am hoping that Sather does not draft any D'men with the first two picks. Maybe a d'man with our 4th pick. Hence, my wish list. I just feel that Sather must go after some top talent. Scorers.
I agree Edge, that if Sather would land both Ladd and Picard with the first two picks, it would not only be VERY interesting, it would be a VERY positive sign saying that Sather is serious about a rebuild. Edge, do you like the wish list I posted?
I don't think it's an impossible scenario.
If Sather were to land both Ladd/Picard, I will be ecstatic on draft day. I believe that Ladd will be there at #6. The Rangers should draft Ladd if he is there at #6. I am not a fan of trading up from #6. I would move up in a heartbeat up to the teens if Picard was available.
If both Ladd and Picard were to develop to their fullest, one could argue that the Rangers can draft both of their future top 2-line LW's in this draft.
What do you think of LW's Bolland and Bickell?

Old
05-12-2004, 11:43 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
I am hoping that Sather does not draft any D'men with the first two picks. Maybe a d'man with our 4th pick. Hence, my wish list. I just feel that Sather must go after some top talent. Scorers.
Defense wins championships. If Barker falls to #6, how can you pass on him? He's a stud. However, barring him falling, the Rangers are going to have a shot at either Olesz, Ladd, or Schremp. You got to think that one of them is Rangers bound. Much as I like Thelen, he is not worth picking over the above troika, IMO. Now it gets interesting with the 2nd 1st rounder. Thelen will be gone by then, as he is most likely to be the 2nd d-man taken. The next best defenseman is Valabik and if he's available (highly doubtfull he makes it past 15) I would grab him no matter who is available. In the likely scenario that both him and Thelen are gone, the next one on my list is if Green. However, here's where it gets intersting. If Cipchura falls or Pienault is still available, who is the better choice?
For me, the 1st of the 2 ist round picks has to be one of
1. Olesz (highly unlikely)
2. Barker (very unlikely)
3. Ladd (possibility)
4. Schremp (possibility)
More than likely it will be either Ladd or Schremp.
For the 2nd 1st rounder, my list is
1. Valabik (even if Barker falls to us @6, if Boris is available, you have to take him)
2. Picard (doubtfull)
3. Pineault (possibility)
4. Chipchura (doubt that he falls THAT far)
5. Green (possibility)
I feel that if the Rangers emerge from the first round with one player from each group, Sather can call it a very good beginning to a pretty big day.
With a defensive future corp that has Rachunek, Tyutin, Baranka, Kondratiev, Pock, Liffiton, & Lampman, another good defensice prospect would really solidify the group. To the point that even if there is no #1 d-man amongst them, another top defensive prospect would free up an opportunity to trade someone (or a few someones) for that #1 Defenseman that we are talking about and STILL retain at least 4 of the above group to form a very solid defensive corp.

Old
05-12-2004, 12:55 PM
charliemurphy

Are you saying that Sather should draft 2 d'men with the first 2 picks?
If so, I have to disagree.
Granted you might have one hell of a defense in a few years, but you'll really need them when teams are running over the Rangers' top lines.
I am confident with the FUTURE outlook of having Tyutin/Kondratiev/Pock/Baranka and maybe Liffiton being the core of the defense. I am sure that Sather will land a FA or two, if not one top FA d'man once Kasparaitis' deal runs out to round out the defense.
You have to ask yourself, who the hell will be playing on the Rangers' top 2-lines in the future?
Again, I'm sorry but I have to disagree. I can see picking a d'man with our 3rd/4th, but not with our first two picks. Sather needs to address the lack of top 2-line talent. Especially the lack of LW's.
I'm not worried about the defense or goalie situation as much as I am worried about our top 2-lines
But, that's just my opinion.

Old
05-12-2004, 01:33 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
Are you saying that Sather should draft 2 d'men with the first 2 picks?
If so, I have to disagree.
Once Ovechkin, Malkin, & Olesz are gone, the Rangers would be lucky if Barker fell to them. If he is available at #6, the Rangers HAVE to take him. Likewise, even in They do luck out and get Barker, if Valabik is actually still there when the 'Leafs pick comes around, the Rangers HAVE to take him. I would consider it quite a victory if they Rangers manage to snag both Barker & Valabik in the first round.

"but you'll really need them when teams are running over the Rangers' top lines."

Defense wins. Period. If one Blackburn & Lundquist develop as most hope, and IF Rachunek, Tyutin, Baranka, Kondratiev, Liffiton, & Pock live up to peoples hopes, that's one heckuva goalie/defenseman combo. Other teams can do what they want on the top lines, but they would find the Rangers net a very hard place to score. Now, for sake of argument, add in BOTH Barker & Valabik (and again, let's pretend that they BOTH live up to the hype), you now have a possible dreamland defense and goalie combo that championship teams are made of. That, in turn, allows you to deal from strengty. Remember, we are ass-u-ming that all of these guys can become the type of players that people around here hope they can. The Rangers can then turn around and deal a defenseman or 2 to build up the top lines.

Old
05-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Limey FK

Send a message via AIM to Limey FK
I have a quick question about this draft.

In terms of equating top end talent from this draft to that of prior drafts, do you see any of the top 6 players as being able to step right in to the NHL and make an impact? Last year Horton, Staal, Zherdev, etc. all were able to step in.

Old
05-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey FK
I have a quick question about this draft.

In terms of equating top end talent from this draft to that of prior drafts, do you see any of the top 6 players as being able to step right in to the NHL and make an impact? Last year Horton, Staal, Zherdev, etc. all were able to step in.
Ovechkin can. Malkin can. Barker should get another year. Tukonen might be able to. Same with Olesz. Ladd I think needs another year. Schremp does also.

Old
05-12-2004, 05:05 PM
rangers

AJ Thelen
Radulov/Picard (Trade up using Tor 1st and maybe Poti to..say Atlanta)
Tesliuk
Bolland

I would love to come away with Thelen and Radulov from the 1st round...

And..with our last pick in the draft I`d take a flyer on Norwegian Patrick Thoresen. Not because he`s from Norway, but because he`s damn good.

Last edited by rangers: 05-12-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old
05-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Jozef Balej, Jarkko Immonen, Nigel Dawes, Hugh Jessiman, R.J. Umberger, Jamie Lundmark(?), and Petr Prucha. I said SOME of them will be busts, their are always busts, and we need some 1st line players. READ my WHOLE statement next time.

Closed Thread