HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

proposal for carey price

Old
05-24-2010, 08:12 PM
8BostonRocker24

vCash: 500
Keep it simple:
Price for St. Louis' 1st.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Spear

vCash: 250
Price + D'Agostini for Palushaj, McRae and Blues 3rd round pick.

Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
Price + D'Agostini for Palushaj, McRae and Blues 3rd round pick.

Mr Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 12:28 AM
TheBuriedHab

Hey, I was wondering where Backes fits into the blues plans? If the habs trade Price (which i hope they do not) I really hope they get a big winger like Backes. Just wondering if he is part of your Core or if you would dangle him in a trade. thanks.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 12:47 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
Hey, I was wondering where Backes fits into the blues plans? If the habs trade Price (which i hope they do not) I really hope they get a big winger like Backes. Just wondering if he is part of your Core or if you would dangle him in a trade. thanks.
Nobody is untouchable except maybe Erik Johnson, so Backes could be had, but it would take more than Carey.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 01:05 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Nobody is untouchable except maybe Erik Johnson, so Backes could be had, but it would take more than Carey.
hmm i see thank you. Well most people in montreal and around the league believe Carey Price will be a great goalie once he hits 24-26 years old, so I don't know if Montreal would add to much to the deal but I think something will happen between our two teams. Since they made a trade in the season it would not surprise me if they laid down some framework to a future bigger deal. all the best!

Old
05-25-2010, 01:20 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
hmm i see thank you. Well most people in montreal and around the league believe Carey Price will be a great goalie once he hits 24-26 years old, so I don't know if Montreal would add to much to the deal but I think something will happen between our two teams. Since they made a trade in the season it would not surprise me if they laid down some framework to a future bigger deal. all the best!
Well...the thing is...Backes has proven himself as an NHL talent an played well during the Olympics, which elevated his profile and trade worth (whether real or perceived). I have some doubt that Price will pan out, but it is only some doubt because he is only 22 and not named Patrick Roy, Ryan Miller or Martin Brodeur.

Price will probably be a good goalie, but you hit the nail on the head that he'll be good by the time he turns 24-26 years old. That's fine and dandy, but The Blues have goaltending prospects while the need is for a proven, true NHL-level net keeper.

You guys are not going to get much for Price unless he can somehow prove himself. He has played well, but for a very limited time and he's so damned young that it's not surprising that he;s a bit enigmatic. He's got the skeelz, but needs to keep his head clear. (don't we all)

BTW, I became a bit of a Montreal Canadiens fan during this post-season.

Old
05-25-2010, 01:31 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Well...the thing is...Backes has proven himself as an NHL talent an played well during the Olympics, which elevated his profile and trade worth (whether real or perceived). I have some doubt that Price will pan out, but it is only some doubt because he is only 22 and not named Patrick Roy, Ryan Miller or Martin Brodeur.

Price will probably be a good goalie, but you hit the nail on the head that he'll be good by the time he turns 24-26 years old. That's fine and dandy, but The Blues have goaltending prospects while the need is for a proven, true NHL-level net keeper.

You guys are not going to get much for Price unless he can somehow prove himself. He has played well, but for a very limited time and he's so damned young that it's not surprising that he;s a bit enigmatic. He's got the skeelz, but needs to keep his head clear. (don't we all)

BTW, I became a bit of a Montreal Canadiens fan during this post-season.
Yes, I agree the Habs are in a big bind with Price. They are not going to get a good return on a guy that could POTENTIALY be a franchise goalie. So I guess if we put Halak in the Deal instead it would be a lot more intriguing for St Louis.

Sick that you became a bit of a habs fan I love Tj Oshie, impressed me alot when blues played the habs. You got a good one there.

Old
05-25-2010, 06:38 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
1) Backes is very much a part of our core. In fact, it's extremely likely that he takes the C from Brewer; possibly even this off-season. In order to get him, you would have to be sending us a bonafide Elite player.

In other words; unless Markov is on the table, don't even think about Backes.

2) The market for goalies(and specifically goalies in Price's position within an organization) has already been established. IF you think somebodies going to break the market for Price, you're kidding yourself. The return for Price is going to be centered around a 1st round pick and a B level prospect/pick(2/3 round). Asking for guys like Backes or even Perron is nothing short of insanity as far as I'm concerned. Goalies, especially unproven ones, don't have the value to get more than that. You and your fellow Habs fans need to come back to reality on this topic.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Patty Roy

From this Habs fans perspective, Berglund would be my guy.

It's been forever that the Habs have had a (potential) top 2 line center with his size and skill. It would hurt to give up Price, but if STL really wants him that's my asking price.

IMO you can pretty much forget about getting Price for a combination of vets/draft picks. If/when we move a goalie the Habs will certainly be looking to get a young, potential impact skater in return.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 02:46 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post

It's been forever that the Habs have had a (potential) top 2 line center with his size and skill. It would hurt to give up Price, but if STL really wants him that's my asking price.

IMO you can pretty much forget about getting Price for a combination of vets/draft picks. If/when we move a goalie the Habs will certainly be looking to get a young, potential impact skater in return.
We need Berglund for the same exact reason you do why would we trade him? It doesn't make a bit of sense. There are other young goalies with skill on the market and we can go elsewhere very quickly if the price isn't right.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:

Bonne chance!

Old
05-25-2010, 08:16 PM
underslept

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOM View Post
Yeah, I agree with IA. Montreal won't be wanting to take any salary back for any deal involving one of their goaltenders. It would have to be something like the Blues' 1st rounder plus a decent prospect or cheap roster player. It's a good bet they'll be asking for Berglund or Perron.
Vokun went for a 1st and a 2nd round pick.

Why on earth would we drastically overpay for Price?

Price for a St. Louis 1st rounder.

He's currently worth no more than that.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 08:33 PM
EOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
Vokun went for a 1st and a 2nd round pick.

Why on earth would we drastically overpay for Price?

Price for a St. Louis 1st rounder.

He's currently worth no more than that.
Oh I agree with you. I wouldn't give up Berglund or Perron for Price, I was just saying that's what Montreal probably wants.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 12:25 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOM View Post
Oh I agree with you. I wouldn't give up Berglund or Perron for Price, I was just saying that's what Montreal probably wants.
That's what Montreal wants....or what their fans want?

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 01:44 AM
EOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Probably both. But I don't think they'll actually get that much for Price.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Well nobody knows for certain what Montreal management wants...but i just find it very hard to believe that Gauthier would consider trading one of Price/Halak for a draft pick, even if it was a 1st.

If they trade one of the goaltenders, i believe its in a deal that will make the team strong next year and going forward. I think they will want a developing young player that is already NHL ready.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:53 AM
trublu16

Quote:
Well nobody knows for certain what Montreal management wants...but i just find it very hard to believe that Gauthier would consider trading one of Price/Halak for a draft pick, even if it was a 1st.

If they trade one of the goaltenders, i believe its in a deal that will make the team strong next year and going forward. I think they will want a developing young player that is already NHL ready.
Honestly....why on earth would any GM trade for either Halak or Price? When all they have to do is wait to sign one to a offer sheet.

If I was in MTL shoes, I would want the team to sign Halak and try to get something for Price. But if not I would let him walk and get the draft picks from his offer sheet. If no one signs him to an offer sheet. just sign him for minimum. 1.5-2 mil is not a bad price for a quality back-up in this league.

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 11:26 AM
kimzey59

Quote:

Yeah, and I want Jessica Alba to make me her love slave; but that isn't going to happen either.

Again; the market for goalies is already WELL established and has been for 5 years now.
You are deluding yourself if you think somebody is going to break the market for one of your goalies.
The only question that is in play is whether somebody gets Price through an offer sheet(and the return for you in that scenario would be a 2nd round pick as you can't afford to put 3 mil into a backup goalie) or gives up the extra picks(a 1st and 3rd being the next step up) to ensure they get him. At best somebody goes up another level and gives up a 1st and 2nd.

You roster players aren't even in this discussion.
Even bringing them up is nothing short of crazy talk.

You and your fellow Habs fans need to come back to reality.
The makret is already set; all that needs to be figured out is where Price is valued in said market.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 02:36 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
1) Backes is very much a part of our core. In fact, it's extremely likely that he takes the C from Brewer; possibly even this off-season. In order to get him, you would have to be sending us a bonafide Elite player.

In other words; unless Markov is on the table, don't even think about Backes.

2) The market for goalies(and specifically goalies in Price's position within an organization) has already been established. IF you think somebodies going to break the market for Price, you're kidding yourself. The return for Price is going to be centered around a 1st round pick and a B level prospect/pick(2/3 round). Asking for guys like Backes or even Perron is nothing short of insanity as far as I'm concerned. Goalies, especially unproven ones, don't have the value to get more than that. You and your fellow Habs fans need to come back to reality on this topic.
Well said! A lot of these proposals are dastically overrating Price.

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

As a Habs fan I'd add even to Price to get Berglund. I, and many others, really don't believe that Plekanec is the #1 centre we're looking for. The difference between him and Berglund is that even if Berglund never amounts to anything more than a second liner, at least he brings something else that our group of forwards currently lacks. He'd also allow us to test the free agent market and strengthen our top 6 with the salary such a move would save.

I'd do Price + 27th for Berglund or, if the Blues want someone who is NHL ready, Price + Pouliot.

I also completely understand if you believe that Berglund is too important of a player for the direction in which your team plans to go in the near-future to trade away.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
As a Habs fan I'd add even to Price to get Berglund. I, and many others, really don't believe that Plekanec is the #1 centre we're looking for. The difference between him and Berglund is that even if Berglund never amounts to anything more than a second liner, at least he brings something else that our group of forwards currently lacks. He'd also allow us to test the free agent market and strengthen our top 6 with the salary such a move would save.

I'd do Price + 27th for Berglund or, if the Blues want someone who is NHL ready, Price + Pouliot.

I also completely understand if you believe that Berglund is too important of a player for the direction in which your team plans to go in the near-future to trade away.
Bruins/ Blues fan. I think your proposal is lacking. Berglund is worth more than Price & Pouliot. I think in order to make St.Louis even begin to think about trading Berglund Montreal would have to start with Price + Subban. Berglund is a big piece of St.Louis future, & there are tons of goalies available right now thru UFA or trade that wouldnt require trading away their best young center. So you see, Montreal is dealing from a position of weakness, not St.Louis.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 12:11 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Bruins/ Blues fan. I think your proposal is lacking. Berglund is worth more than Price & Pouliot. I think in order to make St.Louis even begin to think about trading Berglund Montreal would have to start with Price + Subban. Berglund is a big piece of St.Louis future, & there are tons of goalies available right now thru UFA or trade that wouldnt require trading away their best young center. So you see, Montreal is dealing from a position of weakness, not St.Louis.
I know it would be blasphemy for any MTL fan to read this but the Blues don't need Subban. EJ, Polak, and Pietrangelo are all righties and we have Runblad who made some good strides in the SEL after the WJC's were over.

Berglund's value is probably not too high across the league after a somewhat lackluster 2nd season. But, he's the type of player that they may need to ride out for another year or two because the reward is too great to pass up if he does pan out. When Berglund is on his game he just completely changes the way our offense looks.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 12:48 PM
SteenMachine

Not to mention we would have been in the playoffs by now and done some damage if this team's scoring was on track. Price coming in won't make us any better than just keeping Mason around, maybe down the line he will but we were outscored not losing goaltending duels. By the time he hits his prime half our roster will as well and be FAR more valuable in the trade market, giving us much better options as there won't be room for them all, rather than hoping our goalie of the future plan worked out.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 02:36 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

It's very unlikely that Price will be the guy traded. Here is why :

1) The Habs are looking to shed salary and Halak will get more money than Price on his contract.

2) Halak can still improve but we saw what he is able to do last season and especially in the playoffs. His value is at his highest while it would be risky to trade Price who doesn't have a lot of value compare to what he can bring to the game if he reach his potential. With Halak, PG knows what he is dealing with while Price could become his biggest nightmare if he plays elsewhere. If you're the Habs, do you want to trade Price for a value based on his potential or Halak for full value? Give Price a solid backup in Montreal and the guy is ready. He took a lot of maturity last year.

You should work on something around Berglund for Halak and if you're not ready to do it, you should go with your next option.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote