HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Best Hit delivered so far in the playoffs?

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2004, 01:02 PM
psycho_dad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-Dawgs
Clearly that's not what I mean.......

the tucker hit's controversial, not because it was illegal, but because people don't know if it was illegal...

Therefore, it's not important whether it was technically legal or not, because it was a nice hit that could have been legal. No one has any conclusive evidence, so drop it.
No, it was not a nice hit that could have been legal. There was nothing legal in it. The only controversy is with physically blind or mentally blind people. There is actual video footage of the hit, which CLEARLY shows how wrong the hit was. Only people questioning it are some leafs fans who are totally biased and have no critisism for their own team.

From a neutral point of view it was a horrible dirty cheapshot, clear as day.

Old
05-13-2004, 01:06 PM
psycho_dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah
Tucker had one skate on the ice when he made the hit. It would be dirty if TWO of his skates were off the ice when he made the hit.

The biggest complainers and homers on these boards are Philly fans.
Oh my god. His both skates were like 4-5 inches off the ice on the time of impact. Obviously you have been the victim of the same silly pics someone else was offering here as "proof" where you can see two players near boards from the wrong angle and both pics after the hit.

God damnit some people are dense.

Old
05-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Although I'm not the biggest Tucker fan, the Tucker hit on Kapanen has to take the cake. Absolutely brutal!

Old
05-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad
That was not the best hit. That was the dirtiest hit. Horrible jump and elbow to the face. How can ANYONE call that a great hit? Tucker should have been suspended for that.

It's actually quite alarming, that people are calling such cheapshots a great hit. I guess someone has to die before people will start to realize what is the difference in clean hits and attempts to injure, and how they should react to those.

Clean hits rule, even if the target was injured. Leaving your feet and putting your hands up is not clean. And fans who dont have the guts to call it what it is are the main reason we see so many injuries. Players are there to entertain and perform, if the crowd cheers after such attrocities, naturally they will continue doing it.
I'm sorry, but how can you be so sure that he threw an elbow? It was so fast that even watching replays in slow motion, nothing was definitive.

He definitely left his feet, but that was at the moment of contact, which is legal.

Unless Tucker is Superman and can raise an elbow faster than a speeding bullet, I'm going to call it the best hit I've seen this season.

Old
05-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Hab-Dawgs

Quote:
From a neutral point of view it was a horrible dirty cheapshot, clear as day.
From a neutral point of view.....hmmm....well I'm a habs fan, clearly I don't support Toronto.

In fact, I'm supporting the Flyers against Tampa..

So, as a neutral, or slightly biased against Toronto, I say it was a nice hit...

Old
05-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Sergei Zubov

Bégin on Bergeron, game 6

:X

Old
05-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
I'm sorry, but how can you be so sure that he threw an elbow? It was so fast that even watching replays in slow motion, nothing was definitive.

He definitely left his feet, but that was at the moment of contact, which is legal.

Unless Tucker is Superman and can raise an elbow faster than a speeding bullet, I'm going to call it the best hit I've seen this season.
If you just look at the picture that Physco provided, it is clear as day that Tucker hit him with an elbow. In the picture tuckers elbow is up and about six inches away from Kapanen's head. From this picture, it is absolutely clear that the hit was not legal. Just look at the photo.

I also find it hilarious a leafs fan saying that the most biased fans on these boards are flyers fans. If that's not a case of the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is.

As for the JR hit, he made contact with Antropov's chest, not his head as Quinn claimed.

Old
05-13-2004, 02:30 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Zubov
Bégin on Bergeron, game 6

:X
Was it when Begin was trying to hit Bergeron and missed and hit boards with his face? It was hillarious! Bergy's done it for several times now. :lol

Old
05-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Was it when Begin was trying to hit Bergeron and missed and hit boards with his face? It was hillarious! Bergy's done it for several times now. :lol
Ouf, that was a brutal face plant into the boards that Begin took Guess you take the risk when you're lining a guy up.

Old
05-13-2004, 02:45 PM
name

Quote:
This weird, blurry picture is supposed to offer some sort of conclusive evidence regarding the hit ? Give me a break. There was no penalty, there was no suspension, it was the best of the playoffs so far.

Old
05-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
If you just look at the picture that Physco provided, it is clear as day that Tucker hit him with an elbow.
No it isn't. It's even more inconclusive than the video.

Old
05-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

If I could link the video, I would.....unfortunately Angelfire will not upload it, and I have no idea where to upload the video for all to see. Lots of uninformed comments going on here......Tucker's feet were in no way on the ice, which makes the hit a charging penalty....End of story. Not really that "dirty" of a hit, but illegal nonetheless.

Old
05-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Jacob

As I said, I'm not positive, but I believe that you're allowed to leave your feet at the moment of contact.

Old
05-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtVandelei
That's funny, because I've seen the same hit, and I've seen the still photos, and he never elbowed him. His hands were indeed up- OVER Kapannen's head. Kapanen's concussion (and you'd be fooling yourself if you don't think he's honouring a Flyer tradition and just playing through one) actually came when his head hit the ice.

The site with the video is down, but here are the 2 pictures I've seen:

Well I can post pics after the elbow was made and after he landed back on his feet too.

Old
05-13-2004, 03:06 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Just to be a homer, I'll say Volchenkov on Tucker in game 7.

Old
05-13-2004, 03:12 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

sure, i'll recognize tucker's hit on Kapanen--Kapanen stays up, flyers win a few minutes later--they're still playing and so is kapanen

Old
05-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Verbal Kint*

I've just watched the replay 5 times on the Tucker hit. Results from my point of view were inconclusive, hoewever it is clear that one foot is lower than the other, which means that Psycho's interpretation that both were at least 4-5 inches from the ground is a rediculous exageration. It is also clear he goes in shoulder first.

If anyone knows how to get a pic off of windows media I'll gladly post it, print screen doesn't want to do it and I can't figure any other way out.

Old
05-13-2004, 03:14 PM
ArtVandelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
Well I can post pics after the elbow was made and after he landed back on his feet too.
Those are the only 2 pics I've found. How about instead of deriding these pics, you provide some pics that support YOUR point of view?

Oh and no, a picture of a couple of blobs won't do.

It's pretty laughable how a certain poster can show a picture where you can't even make out Tucker's left arm, and claim that he's being objective. If that's objective, I'd love to see what lengths he goes to when he takes a self-admitted partisan stance...

ps: Looking at the picture again, it's clear that the blue blob is whacking the orange blob with his stick in the head. Good enough for me. I demand Tucker be suspended for a year.

Old
05-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs Forever
I've just watched the replay 5 times on the Tucker hit. Results from my point of view were inconclusive, hoewever it is clear that one foot is lower than the other, which means that Psycho's interpretation that both were at least 4-5 inches from the ground is a rediculous exageration. It is also clear he goes in shoulder first.

If anyone knows how to get a pic off of windows media I'll gladly post it, print screen doesn't want to do it and I can't figure any other way out.
How is it conclusive that he goes in shoulder first? The other part I might be able to buy, but this part I simply cannot. He has his arms in the air starting from about 20 feet away from Kapanen. Right before he makes contact, his arms are still in the air and it appears as if his elbow is about to make contact with sami's head. Then it's pretty much a blur.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter as JR beat Eddie and sent the Leafs home. I'd go with the McLaren hit as the best hit in the playoffs even though I have no respect for the guy because of his hit on Zednik.

Old
05-13-2004, 03:19 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
How is it conclusive that he goes in shoulder first? The other part I might be able to buy, but this part I simply cannot. He has his arms in the air starting from about 20 feet away from Kapanen. Right before he makes contact, his arms are still in the air and it appears as if his elbow is about to make contact with sami's head. Then it's pretty much a blur.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter as JR beat Eddie and sent the Leafs home. I'd go with the McLaren hit as the best hit in the playoffs even though I have no respect for the guy because of his hit on Zednik.
Watching the replay you can see should contact with Kapanen, most players go intoa hit skating (go figure eh?) and pump theior arms while doing so. You can see in the replay Tucker brings his arm in when he hits Kapanen. At least from my point of view.

Old
05-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs Forever
Watching the replay you can see should contact with Kapanen, most players go intoa hit skating (go figure eh?) and pump theior arms while doing so. You can see in the replay Tucker brings his arm in when he hits Kapanen. At least from my point of view.
He wasn't pumping his arms at all, he skating with his arms up, probably with the intent to deliver a high hit (go figure eh?, so unlike Tucker). We all have our different oppinions, but the picture that Physco posted shows Tucker literally six inches from kapanen with hit arms up and his elbow hear Kapanen's head. I think that's as conclusive as you're going to get.

Old
05-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
He wasn't pumping his arms at all, he skating with his arms up, probably with the intent to deliver a high hit (go figure eh?, so unlike Tucker). We all have our different oppinions, but the picture that Physco posted shows Tucker literally six inches from kapanen with hit arms up and his elbow hear Kapanen's head. I think that's as conclusive as you're going to get.
Become a memeber at tsn.ca and find the video footge of it, its a lot less blurry and if you go into windows media and pause it, you can get it right on Tucker's hit. See for yourself.

Old
05-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Jacob

Quote:
but the picture that Physco posted shows Tucker literally six inches from kapanen with hit arms up and his elbow hear Kapanen's head.
It absolutely does not.

Looking at the picture, I see his stick and his glove, but his actual elbow is NOT in the picture, you only assume where it is. It could be tucked to his side, it could be up towards Kapanen's chest, but it is definitely nowhere near his head.

Old
05-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm still confused how it is "inconclusive" that he leaves his feet. I'm sorry, its conclusive. He jumps into the hit big time. Like I said, the hit really isn't the dirtiest shot in the league, certainly not in Tucker's book, but it was clearly and conclusively illegal since he left his feet. There is no way around that......If you say its "inconclusive", Your a homer. Plain & Simple. :/

Old
05-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I'm still confused how it is "inconclusive" that he leaves his feet. I'm sorry, its conclusive. He jumps into the hit big time. Like I said, the hit really isn't the dirtiest shot in the league, certainly not in Tucker's book, but it was clearly and conclusively illegal since he left his feet. There is no way around that......If you say its "inconclusive", Your a homer. Plain & Simple. :/
Every single picture I've seen is either blurry, or the shot makes it hard to determine. Perhaps I am a homer, but I can clearly see one of Tucker's feet lower than the other which leads me to believe that both of his feet did not leave the ice.

Closed Thread