HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

How far could the Bruins move up in the draft by offering 15 AND 32 overall?

Old
05-15-2010, 09:28 AM
sickest flow bro

vCash: 500
What about Patrice Bergeron, Tor 1st 2011, Tor 2nd 2010 for #1 overall OR

Joe Colbourne, Tor 1st 2011, Bos 1st 2010, Tor 2nd 2010 for 1st overall

Imagine Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin

sickest flow bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 09:42 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
What is hilarious is thinking the oil want blake wheeler! If it is no big deal why do most boston fans rush these threads trying to convince oiler fans to take seguin? Keep trying to convince yourselves you are getting Hall.
No Bruins fans are suggesting the Oil take Seguin. The poster suggesting that earlier in the thread is a Kings fan. I'm a Bruins fan and I'm a Seguin-guy. So is the poster you're responding to.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Lord Ahriman

I think Boston 1st + Toronto 2nd + Boston 2nd could get a pick in range 5-7th, and the most important, in this deep draft, a player that could be ready for NHL. Definitely a better option.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Mike Jones

Thanks to the blinkered generosity of Brian "Colorado Rockies" Burke the Bruins are sitting at 2nd overall. There's really nowhere to go so why think of trading up? I don't think the Oilers are going to step out of first overall.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 10:32 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Thanks to the blinkered generosity of Brian "Colorado Rockies" Burke the Bruins are sitting at 2nd overall. There's really nowhere to go so why think of trading up? I don't think the Oilers are going to step out of first overall.
Just to add to this insanity of people thinking that Boston is going to give up anything value to move up, there's a few things to remember...

-Tambellini is going to have a preference of Hall/Seguin by the time the draft rolls around. If he prefers Hall, then there is almost no chance that Boston could offer anything substantial enough to compromise his decision to pick whom he believes is the better player. GM's don't make a determination that Player A is better than Player B, and then back away from that because they get offered a 32nd overall pick.

Chiarelli is going to offer some crap package to move up, Tambellini will say no thanks, and then Boston takes whomever the Oil pass on.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:31 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Yeah, the thread isn't supposed to be about moving from 2 to 1. The vast majority of B's fans are quite happy to take whoever's there at 2.

It's about how far the Bruins could move up from their own 1st round pick (15th overall), because I'd love to come away with two Top10 picks.

Old
05-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Kingler

Kings traded 17th and 28th for 12th in 2008. Probably similar return for the 2 Bruins pick....But redline said that from 3rd on to about 15th the picks become hard to predict. Which i take it as talent wise, they are similar and depend on team preference. So maybe can move up into top 10 picks if team really think that they guys they like may fall

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:42 AM
bluechipbonzo

Some perspective, from last year...

At the draft, the Islanders believed de Haan was a future first-pair defenseman and traded several picks to move up from the 26th pick to get him. In moving from 26 to 16, the Islanders gave up picks 37, 62 and 92 to Columbus - bringing back the Blue Jackets’ 77th overall pick. They then moved from 16 to 12 by trading the 77 and their 182nd. The final cost was one pick from each of the second, third, fourth and sixth rounds to move from 26 to 12.

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:43 AM
JesusNPucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
I'm curious, how far do folks think the Bruins could move up in the draft by offering 15 AND 32 overall?

According to the NFL draft chart below, those two picks could put the B's in the 5 to 6 range.
Dallas might be willing to offer up the #11 pick. Maybe the two teams could work out a bigger package with player involved as well.

JesusNPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:46 AM
JTG

If this really is a deep draft, I don't know if I would move up if I were Boston. This is a prime opportunity to move back.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 11:47 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
I think Atlanta's 8th overall pick could go for that package. It will give Dudley more picks to trade for established talent like raiding his old team Chicago for Sharp, Versteeg and Byfuglien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I could see the Rangers willing to move down from #10 if Johansen and Burmistrov are off the board, and they feel Tarasenko could still be available at #15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
I'd say the Rangers at #10 would consider it. To get to spot 7-8 I'd think you'd need #15, #32, and an additional second round pick.
Seems like the concensus is that 15 & 32 could get you into the 8-10 range. That would work for me. That would give the B's a shot at a Connolly/Gudbranson/Forbort/Nino...

Old
05-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Oilking83

Quote:
Seems like the concensus is that 15 & 32 could get you into the 8-10 range. That would work for me. That would give the B's a shot at a Connolly/Gudbranson/Forbort/Nino...
No way he makes it out of the top 5

Last edited by Oilking83: 05-15-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Oilking83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Pressure is on the Oilers here. The Bruins will sit in the #2 hole and get a great player to add to the mix.

The proposed 1st overall for the 2nd overall and rights to Blake Wheeler might get me interested...

05-15-2010, 12:48 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
Pressure is on the Oilers here. The Bruins will sit in the #2 hole and get a great player to add to the mix.

The proposed 1st overall for the 2nd overall and rights to Blake Wheeler might get me interested...
Hall and Sequin are both terrific young talents.I don't agree that the pressure is on the Oilers here.

Take the player your scouts have ranked #1.You either have faith in your scouting dept. or you don't.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can someone explain to me how Bruins get the 15th? I thought since they were in the 2nd round, they draft after all these teams: Colorado, Nashville, Phoenix, Ottawa etc. the teams that got bounced in the 1st round?

How does this work?

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
It's about how far the Bruins could move up from their own 1st round pick (15th overall), because I'd love to come away with two Top10 picks.
If I were the Bruins I'd leave the high picks where they are. In a salary cap world too many high first round choices (If they're used and developed properly) usually wind up being a problem when it comes time to sign everybody to second contracts. 3-5 years down the road management will probably be glad they didn't have two high first round choices this year.

Old
05-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Hall and Sequin are both terrific young talents.I don't agree that the pressure is on the Oilers here.

Take the player your scouts have ranked #1.You either have faith in your scouting dept. or you don't.
I agree with you.

What I am eluding to is that if the Oilers have these guy neck and neck, why not grab a pick/prospect to get the same value when the team needs to be rebuilt. So in essence, the pressure is on them to correctly assess the talent of the two studs in this years draft and if they need/can afford to deal with the Bruins.

Baddkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:03 PM
MountainHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Can someone explain to me how Bruins get the 15th? I thought since they were in the 2nd round, they draft after all these teams: Colorado, Nashville, Phoenix, Ottawa etc. the teams that got bounced in the 1st round?

How does this work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
The selection order in the Entry Draft is determined by a combination of lottery, regular season standing, and playoff results. However, teams are permitted to trade draft picks. In all cases, the team considered is the original holder of the draft pick, not a team which may have acquired the pick via a trade or other means.

At the conclusion of the regular season, the 14 NHL teams not qualifying for the playoffs are entered in a weighted lottery to determine the initial draft picks in each round, seeded according to regular season standing. The 30th-place team has a 25% chance of winning the lottery, with odds diminishing to a 0.5% chance for the 17th-place team. A single selection from the lottery pool is made, with the winning team eligible to improve its draft order by up to four places, and no team eligible to drop more than one place. Therefore, only the 26th through 30th place teams are eligible to receive the first draft pick. Consequently, the 30th place team's chance of retaining the first overall pick improves to 48.2%

The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results. Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners, then wildcard teams are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks.

Here ya go

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:

Blake Wheeler? Really?

Old
05-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
I'm thinking the 32nd overall pick might bump that #15 pick up 3 or 4 spots, possibly 5 if the right players fall to other teams picking earlier than whichever team Boston dealt with.
That sounds about right... I guarantee that Boston could move up to 14th overall if they offered that to St. Louis, but I'm guessing they'd like to move just a bit higher than one spot...

The 15th and 32nd picks should get something like the 10-13 pick back in exchange. The questions are, does Boston want to make a deal with the teams in that range, and is that movement enough for them?

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:15 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
I agree with you.

What I am eluding to is that if the Oilers have these guy neck and neck, why not grab a pick/prospect to get the same value when the team needs to be rebuilt.
So in essence, the pressure is on them to correctly assess the talent of the two studs in this years draft and if they need/can afford to deal with the Bruins.
I guess it comes down to whether the Oilers have Sequin/Hall neck and neck.Or do they prefer one over the other?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:24 PM
workedforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Bostons first torontos 2nd bostons 2nd
For
1st overal
Please leave

workedforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:32 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
I hate Boston,
the Ducks should be at 15...

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:39 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post

That is hilarious...

If it happens, it won't cost Lucic... maybe Blake Wheeler, but not Lucic.

Scouts have these 2 players neck and neck, there is no way it would cost that much to get the Oil to swap.

I think Toronto's 2nd alone should be more than enough.

Regardless, I am happy with getting Seguin... or Hall if Oil take whats best for their need (they have no true top line centerman right now or any coming up... and don't say Sam Gagner either)

Oil can choose, Boston takes whats on the board.. no big deal.
I am an Oiler fan and being more realistic we are not going to expect back a Lucic Or Wheeler. It would cost more than the 32nd pick though. The way Hall keeps playing his stock keeps going up and management is looking at that big time. What would Boston give up knowing that it would take more than the 32nd pick.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
I hate Boston,
the Ducks should be at 15...
No problem, you can give us your 12 and take our 15.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote