HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vote for the King of HF Habs Boards-phase 2

View Poll Results: King of HF Habs Boards-phase 2
Montreal 45 46.39%
McPhee 17 17.53%
Darz 13 13.40%
Mooch 4 4.12%
Guy 5 5.15%
Munchausen 1 1.03%
JL Roberts 2 2.06%
Brisebois 5 5.15%
Catala 2 2.06%
Blind Gardien 3 3.09%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Gros Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapesarenotpucks
i stand by my opinion, for a man he looks pretty good in ..uhm..a costume

better then the russians?

can't honestly say though,..as soon as there are no high-flying sticks, bonecrushing checks or foul-mouthed hotheads involved i tend not to pay attention
Sounds like you really love your kids...

Old
05-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Sounds like you really love your kids...
the only kids i have are cats and they do not seem to mind the swearing on TV, besides,.. i personally never use bad language, i am still a lady, no matter what the masses might say

Old
05-13-2004, 05:14 PM

Damn! What does a brotha have to do to get some recongnition round' here?
It's a black thing right? lol!

Old
05-13-2004, 05:21 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Damn! What does a brotha have to do to get some recongnition round' here?
It's a black thing right? lol!
Nope, it's all about gender confusion with these people, 417.

Old
05-13-2004, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Nope, it's all about gender confusion with these people, 417.
I'm not sure what to answer to this, but I know it's not a good thing...

Old
05-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
All right, you guys might have noticed I don't come as often as I used to... I'm really caught in many Real Life problems (or "features" as I call them), so I don't have as much time as before, but I truly miss you all.

Although I haven't posted a lot in the last month or so, I still came around and read what was being said and I have to admit that the words of a poster really made me sad. This person (who I will call Rivet for his sake) has time and again stabbed me in the back. In numerous posts he insulted me and my origins and used a persona (who I will call Dryden) as a comic relief so nobody would care. Coming from a anonymous poster or a casual one wouldn't have bothered me so much, but I highly respected this man (who pretends to be a servant of our Lord). This has gone for too long, and will not let this charade go on any longer.

OH YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, RIVET!!!! :mad:

Times, they are a-changing...

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL. A TAG-TEAM MATCH

Me and Chicpea (who is wearing a wonderfull dress tonight, might I add)

vs

You and ShootOut

You can even bring that debilated puppy of yours if you want. As long as he doesn't smoke on the ring, I've got no objections.

BRING IT ON!

Old
05-13-2004, 06:31 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Montreal!

Old
05-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy

vs

You and ShootOut

You can even bring that debilated puppy of yours if you want. As long as he doesn't smoke on the ring, I've got no objections.

BRING IT ON!
WOW
This is going to be the match of the year. Team Queer vs Team Elitist Dutchy are you going to wear pants for this... The bets start at 10 $. The odds are 7:2 for team elitist(ShoutOut and B*******) As you say Dutchy, BRING IT ON

OK Let's return to the main topic, that is to ellect the Habs king of HFBoards. I vote for Montreal. So many posts, all interesting and informative.

Old
05-13-2004, 07:26 PM
tinyzombies

Ok, now that the In crowd has been decided, who is going to start The Outsiders gang?

Old
05-13-2004, 10:15 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

As Harry Neale would say (repeatedly)... that's about 848 consecutive shutout minutes for Blind Gardien there...

(whups... wouldn't want to jinx the shutout, would we? )

Old
05-13-2004, 10:27 PM
chicpea*

jinx!

Old
05-14-2004, 01:00 AM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
All right, you guys might have noticed I don't come as often as I used to... I'm really caught in many Real Life problems (or "features" as I call them), so I don't have as much time as before, but I truly miss you all.

Although I haven't posted a lot in the last month or so, I still came around and read what was being said and I have to admit that the words of a poster really made me sad. This person (who I will call Rivet for his sake) has time and again stabbed me in the back. In numerous posts he insulted me and my origins and used a persona (who I will call Dryden) as a comic relief so nobody would care. Coming from a anonymous poster or a casual one wouldn't have bothered me so much, but I highly respected this man (who pretends to be a servant of our Lord). This has gone for too long, and will not let this charade go on any longer.

vs

You and ShootOut

BRING IT ON!
You know, things were getting kind of cheerful around here with you gone, underpants-boy!!!

I think it's time to start the Ducthy and Chicpea vs Brisebois and ShootOut thread where we can hurl G-dly accusations at each other. I'm already taking my briss-knife out of its sheath and I see that ShootOut is working on getting his voodoo doll out of the mouth of his shaggy sheep.

I will see you in the new thread.

Lafleur is very offended at the Dryden comparison.

Old
05-14-2004, 01:31 AM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
I'm already taking my briss-knife out of its sheath and I see that ShootOut is working on getting his voodoo doll out of the mouth of his shaggy sheep.
The sublte swipings of your briss-knife are futile against the well-weathered reproductive organs of Dutchy, for they, without the protection of pantaloons, have grown a fierce second fore-skin. As for me, dear Mohel, my retractive powers will prevail (interpret that how you will).

As for ShootOut and his plans with the mouth of his shaggy sheep...

Old
05-14-2004, 08:22 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
I think it's time to start the Ducthy and Chicpea vs Brisebois and ShootOut thread where we can hurl G-dly accusations at each other. I'm already taking my briss-knife out of its sheath and I see that ShootOut is working on getting his voodoo doll out of the mouth of his shaggy sheep.
I will see you in the new thread.
Oooh... now this could be more exciting than the Bolts series for sure. I suppose one could have a bunch of random stabbings in dark alleys and so forth, but as a paying customer (my internet is not free!), I would propose that this Tag-team Steel Cage Mega-Event be at least slightly confined by rules.
A proposal:
1) Make it a Best-of-7 series
2) A "referee" notifies the contestants of a specific time at which each "game" begins.
3) At the arranged time, the ref opens a thread and "drops the puck" by stating the topic of the thread.
4) The contestants have a set time period (1 hour) in which to "discuss" the topic at hand (and refute their opponent's views).
5) At the end of the time, the "ref" blows the whistle, and the HF population votes on who won.

I volunteer to be ref!

Old
05-14-2004, 08:40 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
1) Make it a Best-of-7 series
2) A "referee" notifies the contestants of a specific time at which each "game" begins.
3) At the arranged time, the ref opens a thread and "drops the puck" by stating the topic of the thread.
4) The contestants have a set time period (1 hour) in which to "discuss" the topic at hand (and refute their opponent's views).
5) At the end of the time, the "ref" blows the whistle, and the HF population votes on who won.
That's way too limiting for both Brisebois and Dutchy. They do their best work using guerilla-style shock-inducing random posting tactics.

What's the point of having a no-holds-barred contest if you start barring holds?

Old
05-14-2004, 08:56 AM
mcphee

Personally, I think fighting should be banned in posting. The instigator rule is clearly having no effect and before we're plagued by Karpe Tunnel Syndrome [or however the hell you spell it] something needs to be done. Think of the children.

Old
05-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
That's way too limiting for both Brisebois and Dutchy. They do their best work using guerilla-style shock-inducing random posting tactics.

What's the point of having a no-holds-barred contest if you start barring holds?
I doubt if they would stay on-topic very long, of course, and it would soon revert to no-holds barred. But at least it would be held in a confined arena where the general public can safely view their actions. I wouldn't see it as voting on "how they addressed the topic" per se, more like how they undress it and proceed to induce shock. It's not like a debate. That's how I would see it.

But yeah, you're very correct, you'd inevitably lose something of the truly wild side of their brilliance, putting those guerillas into steel cages, taking them out of their natural habitat for the amusement of some jaded viewers, and throwing them a stray banana or two.

Old
05-14-2004, 09:07 AM
TomasPlekanec

Montreal is clearly running away with this one!

Old
05-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Personally, I think fighting should be banned in posting. The instigator rule is clearly having no effect and before we're plagued by Karpe Tunnel Syndrome [or however the hell you spell it] something needs to be done. Think of the children.
mcphee, I see where you're coming from, but you have to realise that fighting is an integral part of posting. If we all agreed, imagine how boring the boards would be. It'd be like, "oh, Sheldon Souray is the hottest Hab", and everybody would totally agree and where would the fun be in all that?! Sometimes a poster takes a swipe at your superstars ("Trade Theo/Koivu") and you just have to let them know that they can't get away with that stuff. People here post with great passion (!), and in the heat of the moment, sometimes tempers will boil over, and it's good that posters can relieve their anger by fighting. Otherwise, you'd be breeding a whole new generation of unibombers and highway snipers and so on, you know!

Fighting in posting serves that valuable role in society: It keeps the freaks off the streets, and gives us... oops... I mean *them*... a safe outlet for their frustrations. Now which would be better for the children? Freaks on the street or freaks safely hidden away in innocuous little nooks of the internet like this, only harming themselves?

Old
05-14-2004, 09:27 AM
mcphee

I know what you're saying. There was more respect amongst posters in the old days, but when someone crossed the line, they would police themselves and impose their own frontier justice. it usually worked, though I remember when a Habs poster got banned for insulting a mod and his fans rioted down Ste. Catherine St. I remember, I was online that night.

Old
05-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I know what you're saying. There was more respect amongst posters in the old days, but when someone crossed the line, they would police themselves and impose their own frontier justice. it usually worked, though I remember when a Habs poster got banned for insulting a mod and his fans rioted down Ste. Catherine St. I remember, I was online that night.
The problem, as I see it, is twofold:
1) The influx of new posters from Trolland, they just come in with their dirty little jabs and completely witless attacks, and they run away from a real fight. They're just a bunch of divers, whiners, strawmen on the attack.
2) With so many posters around, and so many Trollanders faking stuff and jabbing you when you're not looking, it's so hard for the mods to keep a lid on it anymore. They're only human, after all. They try to call what they see, but they can't see everything.

If you get rid of fighting amongst posters, then it'll just spill over into worse cheap stuff and the board as a whole will suffer.

Old
05-14-2004, 10:19 AM
mcphee

You have to look at the skill of the Euro trollers though. They came in at a time when our homegrown Canadian prose was clicheed. By your wisdom, I suppose you're against the mandatory wearing of wrist supports too.

Old
05-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
You have to look at the skill of the Euro trollers though. They came in at a time when our homegrown Canadian prose was clicheed. By your wisdom, I suppose you're against the mandatory wearing of wrist supports too.
It depends on what you call skill, though. I mean, sure, they're probably all faster typists than us, were trained on 130-column displays, with grace and fluency in 20 different languages and all that. But y'know, there's still something to be said for good ol' true Canadian one-finger grit.

Wrist supporters are for wimps. You don't feel like you're really in the game if your hands are floating on a cushiony support. That's part of the problem too... the Trollanders just assume you're all as ergonomically supported and can merely avoid their little jabs with a softly-supported flick of your wrist! That's so disrespectful! In fact, I have inch-deep grooves carved into the flesh under my forearms from having to type on an old desk. To merely bypass one of their Trollish jabs takes a lot of effort. It shouldn't be necessary.

While we're on the subject, I think we should get rid of these cordless mice too. Yeah, you get great whip action on them, you can move them all over the place, but then, they're so enticing to toddlers that they're always breaking or disappearing just when you need them most.

Old
05-14-2004, 11:21 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
putting those guerillas into steel cages, taking them out of their natural habitat for the amusement of some jaded viewers, and throwing them a stray banana or two.
I meant guerrilla-style not gorilla-style, but your way seems to define them better... :lol

Old
05-14-2004, 11:25 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
I meant guerrilla-style not gorilla-style, but your way seems to define them better... :lol
25 minutes left!!!! Prepare for the next stage of the contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Closed Thread