HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings will "kick the tires on acquiring Ryan Miller"

Old
05-17-2010, 04:36 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
I have spoken with the source of this rumor, and it appears that the source also believes that:

--Buffalo will kick the tires on acquiring Patrick Kane
--Montreal will kick the tires on acquiring Vincent Lecavalier, Daniel Briere, and every other French Canadian
--Vancouver will kick the tires on acquiring Joe Sakic
HAHAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
The only response that any knowledgable hockey fan - be it of the Sabres, Redwings or otherwise - can draw from reading that absurd theory is that Eklund is now the station manager at WDIV in Detroit and writing copy for Rob Parker's hockey reports.
I totally agree. This is just mining for ratings.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 05:18 PM
mike8219

Redwings just don't have the top rated prospects or high draft picks to make a trade
work

mike8219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Miller for McCollum, straight up

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 06:35 PM
SabreDr

Pittsburgh, in my opinion, has got to be thinking of upgrading in goal. And I can't imagine them keeping Malkin and Staal. Here is my deal:

Miller and Roy to Pitt for Malkin and Fleury. The Sabres get their #1 center and a goalie who is young and can grow with the other young'ns on the team. He looked dysfunctional in the playoffs this year but he can be a #1 goalie if a team can score some goals

Malkin makes 9 million a year but he could help light a fire under Vanek's arse and help us get our money's worth out of him.

The only players on the Sabres who can get them a #1 center or be a major part of a trade package are Miller, Vanek or Myers. Vanek has deflated value due to his contract and being a no-show on many nights. There aren't many 6'8" D-men, heck players, who skate like a player a foot shorter. So, that leaves almost 30 year old Miller. If the Sabres want to get better they are going to have to make a huge trade along the lines of Turgeon for LaFontaine; Housley for Hawerchuk; or the Gare, Shoenfeld, D. Smith and B. Sauve for a 1st, Foligno, McCourt and B. Peterson deal in '82. We have missed the playoffs or been knocked out in the 1st round the last 3 years. Time to take a risk. With no risk, no reward. Milllllleeerrrrrrr to Pittsburgh for Malkin!! Gitter done!!

Last edited by SabreDr: 05-17-2010 at 06:51 PM.
SabreDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 09:18 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
As over rated as Fleury is, Pittsburgh laughs at that deal and hangs up.

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 09:34 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Yeah they do. As long as the Pens continue making the playoffs, Crosby, Malkin, and Staal aren't going anywhere, unless they choose to.

And they don't want Derek ****ing Roy. Just imagine being in that situation. You have Malkin. You end up with Derek Roy and a goalie upgrade. Unless you wind up with Hasek or Roy (the other one) in net, that's a horrible deal.

Look at him. Now back to me. He's 5'9". I'm 6'3". Now look at him, on a pony, and smells like a lady. Back to me. I'm on horse.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 09:51 PM
SabreDr

Quote:
They might but on another Sabres site they think giving up Miller in this deal is too much and want nothing to do with it. This could just be the base with other players, involved. I just want a number one center to play with Vanek and to help this team. Most teams have some top flight talent on their forward lines and the Sabres have 2nd rate talent except for maybe Vanek when he is on his game. Without a top center he is wasting away.

Is the top goalie in the league not worth one of the top three centers? I would deal both Roy and Miller for Malkin alone if Darcy could pull off another trade for a top 15 goalie. With Leighton, Boucher, Niemi getting their teams to their conference finals, it seems a team with solid D and forwards can make up for not having the best goalie in the world. We've tried that before with Hasek and mediocre forwards and D it didn't get us to the promised land.

Old
05-17-2010, 10:01 PM
vcv
Deal with it

They won 1 cup with Fleury already. There biggest problems are not in goal.

They need good wingers, bad. And they need an upgrade on their defense.

They lost Gill and Scuderi last year, two key components of the cup win. They're likely going to lose Gonchar.

Old
05-17-2010, 10:05 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
They won 1 cup with Fleury already. There biggest problems are not in goal.

They need good wingers, bad. And they need an upgrade on their defense.

They lost Gill and Scuderi last year, two key components of the cup win. They're likely going to lose Gonchar.
They also won 1 cup without good wingers already.

Their biggest problems are on defense, agreed there 100%.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 10:12 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:

Eh. They had Bill Guerin who gave his last hurrah. Now he's pretty much done.

They've gotten worse on wing since winning the cup.

They're not going to be able to get back the defense they had, so they need to upgrade as much as they can in that area and also upgrade on wing.

My point being.. they got worse in both areas. They need to improve both significantly if they want to make another run.

Old
05-17-2010, 10:23 PM
SabreDr

Quote:

I agree their D is weak, but so was the Sabres D this year but a great goalie hides some of those weaknesses. Fleury just looked awful in a lot of their playoff games.

Anyway, I guess we'll have to hope Regier can somehow pull off a Briere type deal for a #1 center because the Sabres don't have the talent to get one without the planets aligning just right.

Old
05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Arular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDangleBeach View Post
ill bet he wouldnt mind coming to play here with his little bro playing for the team he grew up watching and we would love to have him but its not logical as fun as it is to speculate
Yeah it's cool that his brother plays for the Wings now, but let's be clear and and straighten one thing out... Miller didn't grow up a Wings fan. When he was growing up he had several cousins playing in the NHL and he said that he would follow whatever teams they happened to be on, and he was also a big MSU hockey fan.

Arular is offline   Reply With Quote