HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Something people forget about money!

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Something people forget about money!

Everybody here said that with all the players who will be out of the club(Perreault, Juneau, Quintal...), we will have extra cash to burn...but don't forget one thing: If Higgins, Hossa and Hainsey(for exemple) make the team next year, it will cost us around 3.5 millions because when they play in the AHL, we pay them something like 50 000$. If they play in the NHL, we have to pay them like NHL players so, to there full salary...

Just don't forget that so when you will do a team budget, take this fact in consideration

Old
05-17-2004, 09:25 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Everybody here said that with all the players who will be out of the club(Perreault, Juneau, Quintal...), we will have extra cash to burn...but don't forget one thing: If Higgins, Hossa and Hainsey(for exemple) make the team next year, it will cost us around 3.5 millions because when they play in the AHL, we pay them something like 50 000$. If they play in the NHL, we have to pay them like NHL players so, to there full salary...

Just don't forget that so when you will do a team budget, take this fact in consideration
Was Hainsey, Hossa and Higgins on 2ways, I don't think they were all on 2way.

Old
05-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

1st rounder have 1-way 1.05M contract i think .

Old
05-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
1st rounder have 1-way 1.05M contract i think .
No 1st rounder gets a one-way. I don't beleive they can according to the actual CBA agreement. I think all our rookies, 1st or not, are on 2-ways. I beleive the standard for a 1st round pick is 3 years, 2-way, 1,2M + possible bonuses.

Last edited by Munchausen: 05-17-2004 at 10:31 PM.
Old
05-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
No 1st rounder gets a one-way. I don't beleive they can according to the actual CBA agreement. I think all our rookies, 1st or not, are on 2-ways. I beleive the standard for a 1st round pick is 3 years, 2-way, 1,2M + possible bonuses.
That is 100% correct

Old
05-18-2004, 12:17 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

we are fans.... we don't have to think about money... it's not ours!

Old
05-18-2004, 12:34 AM
leafaholix*

I think a player is eligible to sign a one-way contract once their first professional contract has expired.

Old
05-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan

Yes your sorta right but at least our money will be well spent on futur stars and young talent.

Old
05-18-2004, 05:33 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
we are fans.... we don't have to think about money... it's not ours!
Thank God for that, because i can barely afford a chocolate bar right now, heck my bank account is in the negatives.

LOL!

Old
05-18-2004, 05:36 PM
J-D

Anyway I thought Gainey said they would be working next season under a smaller budget??? They might resign Kovalev, but that will be it, IMO.

Old
05-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D
Anyway I thought Gainey said they would be working next season under a smaller budget??? They might resign Kovalev, but that will be it, IMO.
Ya that is what he said. So my guess would be the same, although i have a feeling Gainey may not even sign Kovalev and go for a much cheaper free agent, because he mentioned in his season ending interview he would explore all UFA.

Old
05-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Kirk Muller

The CBA will probably be the deciding factor here. Will there be a salary cap or won't there. Revenue sharing, profit sharing, Canadian/US dollar, Canadian assistance plan (some teams), what has a happened with the whole tax break thing in Quebec. There are some major factors that will come inot play.

Old
05-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
The CBA will probably be the deciding factor here. Will there be a salary cap or won't there. Revenue sharing, profit sharing, Canadian/US dollar, Canadian assistance plan (some teams), what has a happened with the whole tax break thing in Quebec. There are some major factors that will come inot play.
Thats true, but when will the new CBA be put in place, will it be before the summer???

Personally i dont think so, and thats why imo, GM's will go about their business like any other year, although there may be some hesitation with contracts with the coming of a new cba in the near future, but not much, again......imo.

Closed Thread