HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gionta poking his nose where it doesn't belong.

Old
05-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Gionta poking his nose where it doesn't belong.

Chere digs for a story again and gets it.

More beating of a dead horse between certain players and management.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...onta_sugg.html

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 07:19 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
I really can't stand Rich Chere...

And is Gionta really wrong?

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Word has gotten around the league about how poorly some respected veterans were treated, such as two-time Stanley Cup winner Jay Pandolfo being benched during the playoffs and forced to dress in the practice locker room instead of with his teammates in the main dressing room.
"Word has gotten out"?

Rich, tell us how you really feel.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omair Taher View Post
"Word has gotten out"?

Rich, tell us how you really feel.
If the guy isn't gonna play what are you gonna do put his gear in a open locker in a practice room where he can dress properly or stick his stuff balled up in the corner in the main room and have him stand there like a smuck. It's a non-story. Pando sucks.. everyone including the last 2 coaches know it.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 07:31 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

lol chere

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 07:56 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
If the guy isn't gonna play what are you gonna do put his gear in a open locker in a practice room where he can dress properly or stick his stuff balled up in the corner in the main room and have him stand there like a smuck. It's a non-story. Pando sucks.. everyone including the last 2 coaches know it.
This.

I mean who gives a **** about Pandolfo, the guy can't help the team so he's not dressing with guys that can actually deliver the goods. If we're gonna point the finger at our subpar playoff performance at Pandolfo being "mistreated", we need to ship out some veterans that have a issue with this matter cause I can garantee you that certain rookies were pretty happy to see their name on the board, so they're not the ones complaining.

If that's the case, we have a sad group of guys right there. They care more about having a friend that can't help the team ON the team then having someone they don't know actually giving them a better shot at a "W".

We need to ship this guy out of here A.S.A.P. so he doesn't create anymore ****ing distractions... ala George Laraque. Montreal's inforcer was friends with several players but wasn't getting the icetime he deserved/needed and started to become a distraction to the rest of the locker room, so management decided to pay him but told him to stay away from the team.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Pando treated badly? I guess Lou overpaying him big time for service rendered doesn't count. And Gio's funny, if his team took it any easier during the regular season, he would have been golfing a long time a go.

Worry about your own team Gio. And talk about pressure, he's lucky Montreal beat two top teams to get where they are. Let's see what happens next year if they falter.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Breakin' the law

vCash: 113
Hack job reporting. He just stepped into the national enquirer zone with this maneuver.

Quote:
He did not point a finger at Lamoriello or the team’s last two coaches, Brent Sutter and Jacques Lemaire. But Gionta still speaks to former teammates and he’s heard all about the tensions between Devils players and management.

Word has gotten around the league about how poorly some respected veterans were treated, such as two-time Stanley Cup winner Jay Pandolfo being benched during the playoffs and forced to dress in the practice locker room instead of with his teammates in the main dressing room.
The first paragraph takes from Brian directly, while the second does not, yet Chere is writing to imply it does. I hope the other players read this and slam the door on him on any questions he has in the future. Jerk.

Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Chere with a hatchet job, what else is new.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:43 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

This is one of the worst articles I've ever read from him. Shameful. He's stirring the pot just to stir the pot

onefatsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Nocashstyle

hahah did Pando actually have to dress in the practice locker room before?

Nocashstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
zomgzz Pando's feelings were hurt?!?! this isnt pee wee hockey, its the NHL. hes getting paid $2.5 MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR to play hockey. sorry if i dont feel the slightest bit of sympathy for him

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Breakin' the law

vCash: 113
can we edit the thread to say "Chere poking his nose" instead of Gionta? Gio didn't say squat except this;

Quote:
“They need to do a better job of maybe balancing the regular season and making sure everybody is fresh enough come playoff time.”
Which even taken as out of context as Chere has done is hardly a calling out of his former GM or coaches.

Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

I understand that Pandolfo could be feeling disrespected, but honestly, two different coaches have pronounced him washed up now, and he was a healthy scratch for most of the games during the last few months this season. He was barely on the roster, and the team was expected to give him space in the locker room?

Old
05-18-2010, 09:09 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Where's the Gionta connection?

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 09:15 AM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

That Gio quote basically sounds like he doesn't think players should play 82 games. Well, Lemaire tried to rest players and still got **** for it, especially from the captain!

This is one of the dumbest nonstorystories I've ever read. What was the point?

Also, I agree with RG as I really doubt Gio called up Chere to discuss this very important topic while focusing on his ECF matchup.

njdevsfn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

And I doubt he was thrilled to answer questions for a NJ reporter, considering the media blitz Habs players are already going through now. This is probably an old quote, reworked into a new story. Chere is grasping at straws now.

Old
05-18-2010, 09:26 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
That Gio quote basically sounds like he doesn't think players should play 82 games. Well, Lemaire tried to rest players and still got **** for it, especially from the captain!
It could be taken to mean (in part) not playing Marty 77 games a year when we lock up a playoff spot by January. Or not giving the kids like Bergy and Fraser more rope when we had a huge lead. Once the vets came back, Lemaire looked for any excuse to throw Fraser on the pine or not give Bergfors icetime. The funny part is he was still better than Sutter in this regard, seeing as he never played Bergfors or any of the other kids at all.

I don't see the problem with this sentiment at all, I do think there's a lot of truth that we put too much emphasis on winning divisions and not enough on being fine-tuned for the playoffs, especially after we make the playoffs halfway through the season. You need to use the regular season to find workable lines instead of experimenting every five minutes like each night is Game 7.

Quote:
And I doubt he was thrilled to answer questions for a NJ reporter, considering the media blitz Habs players are already going through now. This is probably an old quote, reworked into a new story. Chere is grasping at straws now.
Why would you assume it's an old quote? It's easy to scapegoat the media every time a negative story comes out but who's to say it isn't true?

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Devils Dominion
Pivotal offseason

Hack job by a bored Rich Chere.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Randal Graves
HFBoards Minecraft

I'll take articles that never would have been written if the Habs hadn't made it this far for $200 Alex.

Seriously, if this was such a big story then why doesn't he go ask Oduya in Atlanta or Clemmer in Florida.. oh right, it wouldn't strike the same chord as using the Cinderella story as a backdrop for his hatchet job.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 10:06 AM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post

This is one of the dumbest nonstorystories I've ever read. What was the point?

Also, I agree with RG as I really doubt Gio called up Chere to discuss this very important topic while focusing on his ECF matchup.
Its not about resting players but keeping them well conditioned enough so they are ready for the playoffs.

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 11:09 AM
DevilDog

Good thing we're paying Rolston the money that should have gone to Gionta. Yet another of Lous' failures in the post lockout era.

DevilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 11:11 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog View Post
Good thing we're paying Rolston the money that should have gone to Gionta. Yet another of Lous' failures in the post lockout era.
WOW...really?

Gionta is being OVER PAID in Montreal. Good for him, he got the money and he went after it. But he's not worth that much money.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog View Post

THEY WERE FREE AGENTS IN DIFFERENT YEARS

good christ. how many times are people going to say the same stupid crap over and over?

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote