HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gionta poking his nose where it doesn't belong.

Old
05-19-2010, 06:07 AM
DontWorryAboutMyCap

vCash: 500
There are x number of stalls in the dressing room. If there's no more room, the scratches have to dress for practice somewhere. It's a non-issue. And I've had a hard time buying the "texting guys they're scratched" line. I have a difficult time imagining Lemaire whipping out his smartphone and texting guys. This is more like it:

DontWorryAboutMyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 06:34 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellOnIce View Post
You're way off base. Jay has been in the organization for 17 years. You don't make him dress in a different locker room, and you don't notify him via text message about scratches. That's it. Period.

The game has passed Jay by, but they signed him to a contract - so obviously the Devils felt he had something left to offer. You don't just throw him in the garbage. That's why guys like Gio are saying what they are saying. If you want to ask him to retire, put him in Lowell, fine. But if he's in NJ, he dresses with the big boys. He's not a 20 game rookie.

Loyalty and the way veteran players are treated counts for something.
Yup.

As far as the game passing him by..........I don't think you could convince anyone in that lockerroom that the devils were a better team with Alberts or PL3 in the lineup over Jay on any given night.

Poor Jay, 4 goals, 3 of them game winners (Pandolfo had more game winners than Kovalchuk ), with no playing time, from the 4th line and his first year without his 10 year linemate Madden

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Buggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Yup.

As far as the game passing him by..........I don't think you could convince anyone in that lockerroom that the devils were a better team with Alberts or PL3 in the lineup over Jay on any given night.

Poor Jay, 4 goals, 3 of them game winners (Pandolfo had more game winners than Kovalchuk ), with no playing time, from the 4th line and his first year without his 10 year linemate Madden
Because, you know, PL3 and Jay have the exact same role on our team....

Jay took out Zharkov when he came in. Who would you rather have had in?

Buggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 07:02 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
Because, you know, PL3 and Jay have the exact same role on our team....Jay took out Zharkov when he came in. Who would you rather have had in?
I'm not dismissing or forgetting the Role factor but all I'm trying to say is Pandolfo had something to offer to this team.

Old
05-19-2010, 07:19 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Yup.

Yes, because Jay is SUCH a better player than Kovy.

Get real Jim...Pandolfo was TERRIBLE this season. And who the frig is Alberts?

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 07:35 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
I'm not dismissing or forgetting the Role factor but all I'm trying to say is Pandolfo had something to offer to this team.
Bottles of really cold gatorade?

Pando is done. If the veterans can't hack their buddy not being on the team, then they're done too.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellOnIce View Post
You're way off base. Jay has been in the organization for 17 years. You don't make him dress in a different locker room, and you don't notify him via text message about scratches. That's it. Period.

Loyalty and the way veteran players are treated counts for something.
So you have Jay dress for practice in the big locker room even though there's not an open stall for him?

The text msg rumor is total crap - have the balls to at least call him personally if you can't do it face to face, but that's part of why Lemaire is gone. He, like Jay, got caught flat footed and the game zoomed by them.

Q: How do you think the unthinkable?
A: With an itheberg.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

holy hell, people are seriously saying Pandolfo can still play? when not one, but TWO different coaches scratch him, doesnt that tell you something?

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 08:35 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
holy hell, people are seriously saying Pandolfo can still play? when not one, but TWO different coaches scratch him, doesnt that tell you something?
I think they're more upset that he had to dress in the practice room and that's so disrespectful.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

why the **** do people care about that so much? the guy is STEALING money from the organization! of course i appreciate everything Pandolfo has done for the team, but does that mean he should be treated like royalty the rest of his career? this is a business. if youre not playing, and theres no room in the locker room, what the hell do you expect them to do?

Old
05-19-2010, 08:39 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

I really couldn't give a flying **** about anyone not named Martin on this team right now.

They all choked together. I'm looking at the clubs crest right now, nothing else. They all sucked dick.

Maybe I am still a tad upset.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 08:51 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
So you have Jay dress for practice in the big locker room even though there's not an open stall for him?
Well he could dress in the middle of the dressing room, on the floor.... like they used to do in pee-wee hockey.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
I really couldn't give a flying **** about anyone not named Martin on this team right now.

They all choked together. I'm looking at the clubs crest right now, nothing else. They all sucked dick.

Maybe I am still a tad upset.
I hear ya man - we should be playing the Broons right now.

Old
05-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Well he could dress in the middle of the dressing room, on the floor.... like they used to do in pee-wee hockey.

Have Chere drop him off at the rink already dressed - just walks in and puts on his skates, gloves and helmet.

Old
05-19-2010, 09:13 AM
janecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
The text msg rumor is total crap - have the balls to at least call him personally if you can't do it face to face, but that's part of why Lemaire is gone.
For some reason, I don't think Jacques Lemaire would be too timid to inform Jay Pandolfo face to face that his highness is being scratched for a hockey game. If late scratches were dealt with text messages, it's because it was how the coaching staff decided to do it and that's how it was dealt with. You got out of line, you got whacked. Everybody knew the rules. But sometimes, even if people didn't get out of line, they got whacked. No, wait, that's a movie script. But back to the topic, there is nothing unballsy about text messaging a scratch. It's just a modern way of communication, and scratching a player is hardly as serious as the Internetz. Maybe it's the players who need to grow a pair? They should understand they are members of a team, and on NHL teams a few members of the team will be scratched for a hockey game even if they are paid $2.5m for their subpar services.

That someone like an over-the-hill Jay Pandolfo could even in theory have a sense of entitlement tells you everything that is wrong with the New Jersey Devils and why they're failing in the first round of the playoffs on a yearly basis. There is clearly a core group of players who live off of their reputation and feel they are entitled to preferential treatment, probably the same group of players who also blames everyone else for the team's failings. Another symptom of the Devils sickness was epitomized by the quote provided by Colin White last week flaunting his shameless servility to his master Jamie Langenbrunner. One of the namby-pambiest quotes from a hockey player I've seen/heard all year.

janecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Seriously. In theory, Pandolfo should have been a favourite of defence-first Lemaire. But it became clear to everybody that he has nothing left, so even Lemaire started scratching him.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Hypernova
Gelly shots all day

Send a message via AIM to Hypernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
Well of course Pandolfo had to change in a different room. The Stonehands Stall was already taken by Zharkov.
Zharkov doesn't have stone hands. He just has a terrible shot.

Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Yes, because Jay is SUCH a better player than Kovy.

Get real Jim...Pandolfo was TERRIBLE this season. And who the frig is Alberts?
I have no idea why I typed Alberts? But I meant Peters....

Must have been 6 degrees of seperation in my mind...Andrew-Alberts-Andrew-Peters

Old
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Alberts and Peters are both terrible, I don't blame you for mixing them up.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:09 AM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I love how Jim still takes a shot at Kovalchuk in a thread that is not even about him.

What a buffoon.

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 10:59 AM
VaxjoDevil

People seem to miss the point, IMO. I don't know Pandolfo, so even if I wanted, I couldn't really care if his feelings are hurt or whatever.

The point is that Lemaire seem to have been a bad boss, and didn't manage to create a good locker room. Probably why Jamie was like he was.

Is that a problem? I think it is. Maybe I'm a softy (and moronic too), but I think people react to this stuff even if they make millions for what they do. They are not machines.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:04 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
why the **** do people care about that so much? the guy is STEALING money from the organization!
No he's not...Lou gave him that contract and Pando's played to the best of his ability (which isn't very good anymore, but still).

If you want to look at a guy stealing money, just look at #12...or #15 late last year.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

at least those guys play and contribute somewhat

pandolfo gets $2.5 million to sit on his ass

Old
05-19-2010, 11:12 AM
VaxjoDevil

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Lemaire may not have created a good locker room, but that's partially on the players too. Also, Tremblay was supposed to be the "players' coach", I guess that didn't work too well.