HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Perry's foul on Vokoun ...

Old
05-19-2010, 01:14 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoxOffice View Post
Hes out of the crease, by his choice. I definitely will agree it is an unwritten rule not to do it, but Perry usually crosses the line.
It was bush league.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 02:32 AM
ronnyweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Maybe, but that Canadian didn't have even any reason to skate there... he should have stayed in his own zone, during last 5 seconds. It is clear he inteded to do "something" there. Of course it doesn't matter now.
Canadians are taught to play until the whitsle, not to stop skating and avoid the opposition

not to mention nobody here knows what sort of trash talking, from both teams, took place before that incident

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
Canadians are taught to play until the whitsle, not to stop skating and avoid the opposition
You gotta distinguish tough "canadian" play and going over the line.

If he ran the goalie like that in the NHL, he'd get mauled by the opposition regardless of the score-line at that point.

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 02:57 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Clearly a penalty. That said, it doesnt matter since Canada lost anyway, though I wouldve been pissed off if the goal tied the game

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 04:08 AM
Swipes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
reading comprehension time.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time I checked a goaltender was still an opponent.....unless of course Perry was slashing his own goaltender, in which case I've no idea

But perhaps this might help:

op·po·nent   [uh-poh-nuhnt] (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opponent)
–noun

a person who is on an opposing side in a game, contest, controversy, or the like; adversary.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 04:11 AM
SilverSeven

My god European fans are whiny little *****es. Not the ones on here. The ones in the arenas.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 04:28 AM
klikkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
My god European fans are whiny little *****es. Not the ones on here. The ones in the arenas.
so whistling instead of booing = whining?

klikkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 04:31 AM
clownshoes

(Ducks Fan)

As some others have stated, thats Perry being Perry. He always pushes the envelope when it comes to making contact with goalies. If you can't tell, Perry is an agitator. He likes to get into the heads of apposing players, especially goalies, throw them off thier game if possible. If he's on the other team you hate it, but if he's on your team you love it. I do at least. That's Perry's game, to agitate and score.

He's a big kid but he sucks at fighting, he'll win 1 out of every 4...it's funny.

clownshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 04:45 AM
Fripp

I wonder what his teammates would have thought of his antics if it was the tying goal and was disallowed like it should have been.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownshoes View Post
(Ducks Fan)

As some others have stated, thats Perry being Perry. He always pushes the envelope when it comes to making contact with goalies. If you can't tell, Perry is an agitator. He likes to get into the heads of apposing players, especially goalies, throw them off thier game if possible. If he's on the other team you hate it, but if he's on your team you love it. I do at least. That's Perry's game, to agitate and score.

He's a big kid but he sucks at fighting, he'll win 1 out of every 4...it's funny.
He hardly ever fights, maybe twice a year at best. Why would he want to fight? stars usely will only fight with other stars and thats pretty rare to see.

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 04:53 AM
Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp View Post
I wonder what his teammates would have thought of his antics if it was the tying goal and was disallowed like it should have been.
umm without his "antics" that goal isn't going to go in. Why would his teammates even have a thought on the matter?

Old
05-19-2010, 04:57 AM
clownshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetzlafGoal View Post
He hardly ever fights, maybe twice a year at best. Why would he want to fight? stars usely will only fight with other stars and thats pretty rare to see.
I'm not saying he fights alot, I'm saying when he does he sucks.

clownshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 04:59 AM
Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownshoes View Post
I'm not saying he fights alot, I'm saying when he does he sucks.
Its not like hes Alex Semin out there lol. He does decent in fights. Not enough fights to say he sucks or is good at it.

Old
05-19-2010, 05:08 AM
Alistar

Quote:
umm without his "antics" that goal isn't going to go in. Why would his teammates even have a thought on the matter?
yeah that goal was entirely the result of Perry initiating contact with Vokoun and taking him out of the play. If you can have a goal waved off because a player accidently bumps a goaltender with his ass while jostling for position in front of the net, how is this alright?

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 05:35 AM
vippe

Quote:
Its not like hes Alex Semin out there lol. He does decent in fights. Not enough fights to say he sucks or is good at it.
Well... Semin is actually doing some damage when he is drumming the hell out of players...Perry? He get's ragdolled more often than not so I think it's safe to say he SUCKS at fighting. I've seen atleast 6-7 fights with him and he hasnt won a single one.

Old
05-19-2010, 06:43 AM
Snauen*

Quote:
Canada against the World. Remember that and never forget it.
Uh, no this thread is about a Canadian Bully running a Czech goalie

Snauen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 06:50 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post

not to mention nobody here knows what sort of trash talking, from both teams, took place before that incident
ok, but Perry really can't comlpaint about form of that fight at the end... what did he think will happen, when he goes among 3 czech players after that Vokoun incident? This was just unavoidable, when he decided to go there.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:36 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp View Post
What do you mean? If it wasn't for Perry there wouldn't have been a goal to begin with. So if it was waved off its not like they would have been out anything. They would have thought "good job".

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:37 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
ok, but Perry really can't comlpaint about form of that fight at the end... what did he think will happen, when he goes among 3 czech players after that Vokoun incident? This was just unavoidable, when he decided to go there.
Perry never complained about the scrum at the end..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Sayuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauen View Post
Uh, no this thread is about a Canadian Bully running a Czech goalie
Clearly not talking about this thread only.

Sayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Rule 537 from the IIHF rulebook (http://www.iihf.com/fileadmin/user_u...s_part_two.pdf)
The Referee shall assess a slashing penalty to
any player who swings his stick at an opponent without actually striking him.

He clearly swings his stick, so he should get assessed, but not necessarily given, a slashing penalty. As for his stick being behind Vokoun's, I genuinely can't see that.
lol, this is why I don't watch this type of neutered hockey every year

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Ribban

Strange debate. The Czechs won. Why not move on?

I would see why this was a topic if Vokoun was hurt, but he wasn't.
The Canadian guy went hard for the puck, as he should in that situation, and Vokoun, with that many years in the NHL, knew they were coming for him when he left the net.
There was contact, but it wasn't a stright up hit, trying to take out or hurt Vokoun, and Vokoun was never in jeapordy of being hurt.

He is playable outside his crease with the puck.

I don't think a single Canadian player would have protested had the ref called a 2 mins penalty, but I also think it's terrible on the Czechs' part to expect it, and worst of all quit playing in the middle of the game to yell at the ref when there is no whistle?!?! That is bush leage if anything.

Having said that, Canada lost. The Czechs won. Vokoun is fine. It wasn't a brutal attempt to hurt anybody. If we want to talk about unsportsmanlike conduct in the past, we can talk about diving and all the thousands of nets that have been moved out of position by Czech goal keepers as soon as it's starting to heat up in the Czech defensive zone.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer13 View Post
That's the way the Ducks do it. Although Burnsie is not a Duck so I don't know what was going on here.
Please show me all the third man in penalties the Ducks have taken before you spout this hyperbole just to start a flame war.

Last edited by Papaspud: 05-19-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 01:35 PM
vippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Strange debate. The Czechs won. Why not move on?

I would see why this was a topic if Vokoun was hurt, but he wasn't.
The Canadian guy went hard for the puck, as he should in that situation, and Vokoun, with that many years in the NHL, knew they were coming for him when he left the net.
There was contact, but it wasn't a stright up hit, trying to take out or hurt Vokoun, and Vokoun was never in jeapordy of being hurt.

He is playable outside his crease with the puck.

I don't think a single Canadian player would have protested had the ref called a 2 mins penalty, but I also think it's terrible on the Czechs' part to expect it, and worst of all quit playing in the middle of the game to yell at the ref when there is no whistle?!?! That is bush leage if anything.

Having said that, Canada lost. The Czechs won. Vokoun is fine. It wasn't a brutal attempt to hurt anybody. If we want to talk about unsportsmanlike conduct in the past, we can talk about diving and all the thousands of nets that have been moved out of position by Czech goal keepers as soon as it's starting to heat up in the Czech defensive zone.
well you know... it's a discussion board after all. Let's just remove the entire forum if we cant discuss a very weird non-call which lead to a goal.

Old
05-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Man Burns went bunkers outthere.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote