HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Congrats Brandon Dubinsky!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-19-2010, 12:31 PM
  #1
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Congrats Brandon Dubinsky!

For leading the tournament in points with 10 points in 6 games

Hell, only 4 other players had 7 or more points in it.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/230/IHM230000_85B_12_0.pdf


Brandon became a man possessed when the US was embarrassed and was sent to the regulation round, without him, the US likely would have lost in that round as well

So, as an American I say, Thank you Dubinsky!

(I realize there are still a couple teams still in it, but every team at this point played at least 6 games)

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 12:37 PM
  #2
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,849
vCash: 500
It's obvious but a lot of it is based on playing against Germany, Denmark, Finland, Kazakhstan, France & Italy where the other players in top nations have played 3-4 good opponents in their 6 games. But he was the one who stepped up the most for the Americans in those on paper easy matches.

joe89 is online now  
Old
05-19-2010, 01:04 PM
  #3
Chicagofan19
Registered User
 
Chicagofan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Århus, Denmark
Country: Germany
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
he already had been one of the better players in the last match of the preliminary round. dubi was quite ok in the tournament.

Chicagofan19 is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 01:12 PM
  #4
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
7 of those 10 points came in two games against Kazakhstan and Italy -- two teams that won't even be there next year. Forgive me if I'm not jumping for joy over this tremendous accomplishment.

squishy is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 01:19 PM
  #5
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
random question, is he jewish?

AKAY47 is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 01:53 PM
  #6
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
random question, is he jewish?
According to Wikipedia, yes, he is Jewish.
And come on. We can appreciate Dubinsky all we like for scoring these points, but let's not pretend he has been the best player in the tournament by any stretch. Most valuable to his team? Maybe. But best in the WC? Not even close. The USA has had the fortune of playing such world powers as: Kazakhstan, Italy, and France. Many of Brandon's points came in blowouts, and it should be recognized that a player like MPS has scored two fewer points while playing against vastly superior teams. For the record, these teams include:
Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark

Que Sera Sera is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 01:56 PM
  #7
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
7 of those 10 points came in two games against Kazakhstan and Italy -- two teams that won't even be there next year. Forgive me if I'm not jumping for joy over this tremendous accomplishment.
That may be so, but nobody else on the team was able to do much vs those "easy" teams.

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 01:58 PM
  #8
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
That may be so, but nobody else on the team was able to do much vs those "easy" teams.
Reinforcing my point that while Dubinsky may well be Team USA's MVP, he has NOT been the best player at the Worlds.

Que Sera Sera is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 02:15 PM
  #9
ronnyweed
Registered User
 
ronnyweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,703
vCash: 500
So will the relegation round MVP be the first trophy in his trophy case now?

ronnyweed is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 02:37 PM
  #10
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Good for Dubi, glad to see one American save face

usahockey22flyers is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 02:38 PM
  #11
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Reinforcing my point that while Dubinsky may well be Team USA's MVP, he has NOT been the best player at the Worlds.
Never said he was.

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 02:42 PM
  #12
Snoil11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
It's obvious but a lot of it is based on playing against Germany, Denmark, Finland, Kazakhstan, France & Italy where the other players in top nations have played 3-4 good opponents in their 6 games. But he was the one who stepped up the most for the Americans in those on paper easy matches.
The Americans first three opponents all made it to the quarters. No team has faced more teams which advanced to the quarters.

Snoil11 is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 05:04 PM
  #13
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Never said he was.
Sorry, I didn't mean to attack you- I've just heard a lot of talk in general about Dubby being tournament MVP.

Que Sera Sera is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 05:13 PM
  #14
dubey
Registered Genius
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the 6ix w/ my woes
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
For leading the tournament in points with 10 points in 6 games

Hell, only 4 other players had 7 or more points in it.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/230/IHM230000_85B_12_0.pdf


Brandon became a man possessed when the US was embarrassed and was sent to the regulation round, without him, the US likely would have lost in that round as well

So, as an American I say, Thank you Dubinsky!

(I realize there are still a couple teams still in it, but every team at this point played at least 6 games)
Are you expecting a response from Brandon Dubinsky? I'm sure the Rangers have a fan mail address. Maybe you could print out this thread and send it to him. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

dubey is online now  
Old
05-19-2010, 05:16 PM
  #15
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
I love dubi, I hope he's a lifetime rangers and I think if Prospals not back next year he has well earned the right to sport the "A" on his jersey. This guy is our future captain, can't get enough of him

nyr2417 is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 05:33 PM
  #16
Oyabun
Registered User
 
Oyabun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
For leading the tournament in points with 10 points in 6 games

Hell, only 4 other players had 7 or more points in it.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/230/IHM230000_85B_12_0.pdf
I bet MPS is kicking himself now, he could've had more points if only he got sent to the relegation round j/k

Well congrats to Dubinsky for stepping up when needed.

Oyabun is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 06:47 PM
  #17
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Are you expecting a response from Brandon Dubinsky? I'm sure the Rangers have a fan mail address. Maybe you could print out this thread and send it to him. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
Actually he PMed me thanking me. Even set up a dinner with him.

Thanks for your concern though.

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 06:49 PM
  #18
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
And following every congrats thread is the 15 ******* responses who try to play down his performance/ Good job for him, he really stepped it up when he needed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Actually he PMed me thanking me. Even set up a dinner with him.

Thanks for your concern though.
the hell was this for?


Last edited by William H Bonney: 05-19-2010 at 08:04 PM.
InglewoodJack is online now  
Old
05-19-2010, 06:54 PM
  #19
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
And following every congrats thread is the 15 ******** responses who try to play down his performance/ Good job for him, he really stepped it up when he needed it!



the hell was this for?
His sarcastic post to me was returned by a sarcastic repose back to him.

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 07:57 PM
  #20
BlackAces*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Actually he PMed me thanking me. Even set up a dinner with him.

Thanks for your concern though.
Sounds pretty romantic?

BlackAces* is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 08:04 PM
  #21
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 500
This has turned into a pissing match and is going nowhere fast. Closed.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
William H Bonney is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.